Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club comment on upcoming EFL meeting

Comments

• Options
    Good response from CARD.

How unwise of the SMT to reveal their ‘cards’ in advance :wink:
  • Options
    “The fans need to take a look at themselves, it’s your fault we appointed Karel Fraeye and signed Lepoint”
  • Options
    "we have asked the EFL to make recommendations on how the club and the other groups can improve communication"

And how we should line up against Bradford on Saturday
  • Options
    Google Translate comes up trumps again .. Huh {...}
  • Options

The guy (and those happy to work for him and put together nonsense like this) almost seem to enjoy being at war with supporters.

It’s so demoralising.

You do have to wonder how cynical LDT is? He must know that statement is batshit crazy. Does he just ask "how high?" when told to jump?
  • Options

The guy (and those happy to work for him and put together nonsense like this) almost seem to enjoy being at war with supporters.

It’s so demoralising.

You do have to wonder how cynical LDT is? He must know that statement is batshit crazy. Does he just ask "how high?" when told to jump?
    I expect it from LDT as he’s been jettisoned in with one remit to be RD’s guy, but Roboshow must be on board as well though, surely?

How can you be ‘Head of Communications’ and not have control of the communications your company puts out?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Are CARD and CAST now fully affiliated members of the EFL? Why would they look at 'other groups' and 'social media' as part of their investigation. They have no remit or powers to action either.

Anyway, to assist the EFL, I provide a prime example of the Club communicating with fans.

I wish I had one of those addickted. That’s a real badge of honour to have under this current ownership

Also the language is of very high quality communication

‘Have been not particularly constructive’

Give a 5 year old that sentence and I’m sure they’ll get the words in the right order
  • Options

It’s so demoralising.

To be fair he is an accountant that works for a micro electronics company, I doubt empathy and understanding of English football are requirements for the day job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It’s so demoralising.

I expect it from LDT as he’s been jettisoned in with one remit to be RD’s guy, but Roboshow must be on board as well though, surely?

How can you be ‘Head of Communications’ and not have control of the communications your company puts out?
    Mel Baroni?
  • Options
    Personally I find this a tad sinister – Big Roland is watching you! Or more likely some poor sod who hasn’t received their entitled bonus and is almost certainly not sipping spring water whilst nibbling crisps.

Assuming that the EFL hasn’t got the time, or inclination, to trawl through say, for example, Charlton Life, does this mean that the Club will present a medley of posts, taken out of context, which supports Roland’s increasingly bizarre perspective?

This statement warms to his theme that everything would have been a rip snorting success and / or he would have sold the club already if it wasn’t for those meddling fans! Having checked my rampant emotion (another problem us fans have apparently) my cold dispassionate opinion is that Roland has made mistake, after mistake driven by his sheer arrogance and colossal ineptitude.

In the meantime we could try and make it difficult for those snooping on the site (go on have a crisp!) by starting numerous football, and non football related threads and posting endlessly on them.
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

"Therefore the club has written to the EFL and suggested as part of the process that they examine the communication by the club, CARD, the Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust and on various social media platforms."

Does this mean that some poor sod at the EFL has to go through all 38,000 comments on the Takeover Thread, to get a clear picture?
    possibly handy for them if they are buying a house or enjoy a fish pun.

Close the thread.
    We've peaked
  • Options
    Made my evening reading that.

Classic Duchatelet nonsense. A taster of what the EFL can expect when they attempt to communicate some more with the Club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LouisMend said:

U23s are playing right now as well. Makes me nostalgic for when the original {...} statement was published during the Kent Senior Cup game at Ebbsfleet

@LouisMend I missed the original {...} statement could you please fill us in on that Charlton cultural reference ?
  • Options

LouisMend said:

U23s are playing right now as well. Makes me nostalgic for when the original {...} statement was published during the Kent Senior Cup game at Ebbsfleet

@LouisMend I missed the original {...} statement could you please fill us in on that Charlton cultural reference ?
  • Options

LouisMend said:

And the reaction here:

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/72217/another-statement-from-the-club-ed-this-time-roland-rant-and-its-a-cracker/p1
  • Options
    ah i do remember this rousing masterpiece. Hadn't realised the {...} had come from this. It's a standard thing though isn't it? used to indicate a removal of some superfluous words from an otherwise verbatim quote? Don't get me wrong though i am all for unrelenting persecution of people regarding use of grammar.
  • Options
    Are the protests helping the sale of the club?

Er, your asking the wrong questions Roly.

• Options
    #youboughtthewrongclub
  • Options
    Can't we just get him disqualified as a Director for being unfit?

In performing their duties, directors must exercise reasonable care, skill and diligence. This means the care, skill and diligence that would be exercised by a reasonably diligent person with the general knowledge, skill and experience that may reasonably be expected of a person carrying out the functions carried out by the director in relation to the company (sometimes called the objective test) and the general knowledge, skill and experience that the director has (sometimes called the subjective test) (Companies Act 2006, section 174). Under the objective test, in general more would be expected of a director with an executive function (particularly a specific function such as finance director), whereas under the subjective test more would also be expected of a director having specifically relevant knowledge, skills and experience (such as a member of the Institute in respect of financial matters).