Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'Roland has backed me'-Bowyer

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2018
    I wonder if it is the case, in some kind of Orwellian sense, that Big Brother wants to be loved?
    Karl Robinson, and before him Russel Slade, certainly Katrien all had to publicly demonstrate deference to Roland, and club communications demanded positive comments.
    How sincere and credible such regard is can be measured by, for example, the nature of Roland lover Karl Robinson's departure.
    I agree with @Davo55 above. The football side together with the fans can escape into the nature of the sport, we don't benefit from Lee Bowyer reminding us about the nature of the club under this owner.
    He might be asked these relationship questions obviously, the best way to answer is probably ask journalists to 'be patient' in their desire to know.
  • Options

Yes, he needs a decent relationship with the owner - not to pick fights with him. He does need to understand why many of us are not happy with the owner too. Not too harmful what he has said, but would be better not to say any more or even try to mend the relationship between Roland and the fans which KR thought he could do.

I think Bow, like everyone else, thought we'd have a team like at Sunderland for the season, so compared to that he's backed him.

If Scunthorpe can offer more towards Cullen then Roland's like the Aussies, hasn't got the money or won't pay it.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I wonder if it is the case, in some kind of Orwellian sense, that Big Brother wants to be loved?
    Karl Robinson, and before him Russel Slade, certainly Katrien all had to publicly demonstrate deference to Roland, and club communications demanded positive comments.
    How sincere and credible such regard is can be measured by, for example, the nature of Roland lover Karl Robinson's departure.
    I agree with @Davo55 above. The football side together with the fans can escape into the nature of the sport, we don't benefit from Lee Bowyer reminding us about the nature of the club under this owner.
    He might be asked these relationship questions obviously, the best way to answer is probably ask journalists to 'be patient' in their desire to know.

Surely all of Roland's manager appointments, certainly at least from Slade onwards, are hoping to one day manage the club under a different regime if they can hang on under the current hindrances?
  • Options
    I don't care who the manager is, I'm not buying that bulls!t.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

So it was Lee's preferred method to not sign anyone permanently, and to build a squad made up of loanees? Do me a favour

Hmm, Lee never said that did he ? Sorry, but you made that up.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Lee Bowyer = Karl Robinson

So ridiculous is that comment, that I’m not sure if you mean it or not.
    Two TOTALLY different personalities, not even remotely similar.
  • Options

Croydon said:

So it was Lee's preferred method to not sign anyone permanently, and to build a squad made up of loanees? Do me a favour

"Whenever I asked for players, he's backed us"

I don't believe the above to be true. Unless Bowyer was happy to wait right until the end of the loan window before bringing bodies in, but I just don't see that as ever being the case.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Croydon said:

Croydon said:

I don't believe the above to be true. Unless Bowyer was happy to wait right until the end of the loan window before bringing bodies in, but I just don't see that as ever being the case.
    Yes, but you did not add that he also said we now have a League 1 budget.
    So he got the players he wanted within the budget.
    He also said (elsewhere) that he had to wait until the end of the loan window to get in the players he wanted, rather than take inferior players earlier in the window.

“Okay, the budget is smaller than everybody else’s in the past but he has said it is a League One budget now. We’ve had to accept that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The headline is wrong. Should say ‘Roland has Brainwashed me’
  • Options
    edited September 2018

• Options
    What a load of bollocks, the only thing the rat likes is money and success. He has had neither at Charlton because he knows nothing about football and has fucked up big style.
  • Options
    This is Lee Bowyer's first job in Management and with his track record off the pitch in his younger days,some clubs wouldn't have given him a chance to redeem himself. Because of this elephants pregnancy of a takeover Lee is grateful to be given that opportunity as first caretaker, now as manager.
    In the real world you don't slag off your boss if you want to keep your job.(I'm speaking from personal experience)
    Unless everyone on Charlton life is self employed I find the comments naive.

Bowyer may have a soft spot for Charlton but he is not a fan. He is paid to coach and pick the team and so far is doing a good job with JJ.
    Long may it last so that the new owner keeps both Bow and JJ in their jobs.
  • Options
    So when we don't get top two Bowyers stated ambition (due to underfunding) who will be to blame? We assume also from that that Bowyer will quit too then.
  • Options
    razil said:

So when we don't get top two Bowyers stated ambition (due to underfunding) who will be to blame? We assume also from that that Bowyer will quit too then.

Bloody hell, it's weird how so many people can read an interview and then just make up a load of nonsense.
    Sorry, but why on earth do you assume Bowyer will quit if we don't get automatic promotion ?
    You're making it up as well.
  • Options
    razil said:

It's not underfunded though is it? Badly balanced, undoubtedly. Lacking in some positions, obviously.

I bet our bench on Saturday earns more than the Wycombe starting 11. I would imagine we have the 3rd or 4th highest wage bill in the division.

I would imagine our 3 center halves earn as much as anyone, who doesn't play for Sunderland, in this division.

I have said previously that this is ALL Roland and his lackeys fault. It's not necessary to make up reasons to slag him off when there are many factual ones to use.
  • Options

Croydon said:

Croydon said:

He also said (elsewhere) that he had to wait until the end of the loan window to get in the players he wanted, rather than take inferior players earlier in the window.

“Okay, the budget is smaller than everybody else’s in the past but he has said it is a League One budget now. We’ve had to accept that.
    We'll agree to disagree. I seem to remember Bowyer promising 3 players would be coming in when the actual transfer window was open, we got 1 in Lyle Taylor. Now if he was including Cullen, Bielik and Ward in that count then fair enough, but I think the vast majority of us assumed he was referring to permanent deals.

I'm very happy with the players we've brought in, as is Bowyer himself, but the entire statement to me seems to contradict itself. "Whenever I asked for players, he's backed us" isn't technically true, unless of course Bowyer only ever wanted to make do with a shoestring budget.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Croydon said:

Croydon said:

Croydon said:

We'll agree to disagree. I seem to remember Bowyer promising 3 players would be coming in when the actual transfer window was open, we got 1 in Lyle Taylor. Now if he was including Cullen, Bielik and Ward in that count then fair enough, but I think the vast majority of us assumed he was referring to permanent deals.

I'm very happy with the players we've brought in, as is Bowyer himself, but the entire statement to me seems to contradict itself. "Whenever I asked for players, he's backed us" isn't technically true, unless of course Bowyer only ever wanted to make do with a shoestring budget.
    If you know your budget (he did). He would be a fool to ask for players unattainable within that budget.
    He was promised if 8 or 9 were let go (I think including loans), he could get in the 4 he wanted.
    He got his main targets, as he was promised. Then RD let him have a bonus extra of at least one more ie Ward.
    RD delivered more than he promised.
    I could come up with hundreds of reasons to slag off RD, but I will always try to tell the truth and be accurate.
    I agree to disagree.
  • Options

Croydon said:

Croydon said:

Croydon said:

If you know your budget (he did). He would be a fool to ask for players unattainable within that budget.
    He was promised if 8 or 9 were let go (I think including loans), he could get in the 4 he wanted.
    He got his main targets, as he was promised. Then RD let him have a bonus extra of at least one more ie Ward.
    RD delivered more than he promised.
    I could come up with hundreds of reasons to slag off RD, but I will always try to tell the truth and be accurate.
    I agree to disagree.
    Bowyer said he was promised 4 or 5. We got the 6th once JFC was ruled out for the season.

Not really delivering more than was promised, more a change of circumstances meant it was necessary.
  • Options
    Not sure you can count keeping 2 of your own players as 2 more in either, but I get your point.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Not sure you can count keeping 2 of your own players as 2 more in either, but I get your point.

I think to be fair to Bowyer, we have to look at the 1st team pool of players available as manager at the end of last season.
    He didn't have Vetokele, Grant or Billy Clarke available - that really is like making 3 new signings to him.

• Options
    Am I the only one that read the title as..... ‘sacked me’
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Dazzler21 said:

Did I say Lee Bowyer's Personality = Karl Robinson's?

No.

This thread was created because Bowyer delivered a true Robinson esque comment and has a few times now.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

No.

This thread was created because Bowyer delivered a true Robinson esque comment and has a few times now.
    Nah.

Different gravy mate.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

No.

So that warrants a Bowyer=Robinson quote.
    Jesus fucking Christ give me strength!
  • Options

Yes, we are really reaping the benefits of the Lookman, Gomez, Pope, Konsa money.

Stupid statement and a kick in the teeth for staff and fans who have watched the club being torn apart over 4 years of gross mismanagement.

Gudmundsson and Holmes....