Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton announce administration

Comments

• Options

Addickted said:

It's early in the morning but isn't the chairman threatening administration and blaming the two named people IF it happens?

Have they actually formally placed the club in admin yet?

"Could be" put in to administration today. Does that mean it's imminent?

Users of this forum should know better than most what "imminent" means.
    As in the CL terminology which is used when a poster mentions a player or person and is immediately correctly by somebody and the response is ‘it’s ‘im I meant’ ?
  • Options

They are gonna be fine

More and more encouraging news coming out of Wanderers at the moment that the worst case scenario has been avoided

From what I can gather the BluMarble debt will be settled. So in that sense it is a step forward.

You seem to give more of a shit about them than me, and I live ten miles from the stadium!
    Leroy, have you gone into administration ? :smile:
    Hostile takeover
  • Options
    Eddie Davies, Bolton's owner until 2016, who wrote off £175M owed to him has died. RIP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45490867
  • Options
    To those who think Administration is some cake walk....

Leeds have been in the wilderness for 11 years since they went in.

Portsmouth went in while in the PL and then got relegated 3 times after and are just now clawing their way out after 7 years.

Plymouth went in 6 years ago and are likely relegated back to L2 this year.

How have QPR looked the last 15 years?

Taking a couple clubs out of the dozens that went into Administration that survived and did well is what statisticians call... selectivity bias.

Administration is a disaster most of the time.
  • Options

Portsmouth went in while in the PL and then got relegated 3 times after and are just now clawing their way out after 7 years.

Taking a couple clubs out of the dozens that went into Administration that survived and did well is what statisticians call... selectivity bias.

Wimbledon went into administration and got taken to MK
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Wow, what a man, looking out for Bolton right up until the very end of his life.
  • Options

shirty5 said:
    Wow, what a man, looking out for Bolton right up until the very end of his life.
    That's amazing.
  • Options

Leicester, Southampton C Palace, not too bad for them.
    Two of them got new grounds and all are quite successful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shirty5 said:
    Wrote off 175m worth of loans and was still giving them more money on his death bed
  • Options
    Sounds like they are in massive trouble again

Players not paid again and PFA have had to step in and pay some of it, talks of a potential player strike as well
  • Options

I mean we didn't go into administration and look at just how fucked our situation is. Maybe it's more a sign of significant mismanagement than administration alone.
  • Options
    What I heard was that the Gary Madine money kept their heads above water for a while, Cardiff were desperate to sign him and parted with 6M, they previously offered a tenth of that a few months earlier.

I know a couple of years ago Ameobi offered to play for nothing but the League played hardball with the signing ban and blocked it. Bad times up there to say the least.

It does seem for a lot of clubs, the longer you stay in the PL the worse it is when you drop out.
  • Options
    Scored 1 in 17..........what's the betting they would have paid up if it was 11 in 17.
  • Options

Perhaps we can get Doidge on loan and let FGR pay his wages ?
    Seems ideal.
    Would be ideal but played for two clubs already so can't play for a third

: - )
  • Options

Eddie Davies, Bolton's owner until 2016, who wrote off £175M owed to him has died. RIP.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45490867

I wonder if the Eddie Davies's executors have decided to call in some loans that he made to the club, or perhaps the Davies's beneficiaries want the cash
    I mentioned a while ago that the bulk of the debt owed to Davies was in the form of unpaid/untaken/waived salary .. we will see .. but an ignominious position for a great old club with a very decent stadium .. too many clubs vying for the 'floating fan/spectator' in the Greater Manchester area
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Players paid late, taxman's chasing them, cash owed to clubs and agents while owner took £500,000 'consultancy fee'... It's basketcase Bolton
    It is not so long ago that Bolton Wanderers were playing in the Premier League
    In 2009, Bolton fans were enjoying an eighth straight season in the top flight
    Times have changed, though, and Bolton are now 22nd in the Championship
    Supporters are now set to protest before, during and after Saturday's game

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6574593/Players-paid-late-taxmans-chasing-cash-owed-clubs-basketcase-Bolton.html
  • Options
    I wonder if they have paid us for Magennis
  • Options
    Once again proof that the EFL ownership rules aren't fit for purpose.
    If I knew Ken Anderson was a "wrong 'un", then they must have too.
    Yet, they still allowed him to buy Bolton, due to their inadequate ownership criteria.
  • Options

Yet, they still allowed him to buy Bolton, due to their inadequate ownership criteria.

But then Bolton were a financial basket case before he bought them, there weren't many other offers for the club at the time
  • Options
    edited January 2019

But then Bolton were a financial basket case before he bought them, there weren't many other offers for the club at the time
    No more than the majority of clubs. Eddie Davies had written off the £175M debt.

But that's the EFL dilemma. Do they let a rogue buy a club rather than let it go to the wall ?
  • Options

I wonder if they have paid us for Magennis

You mean Roland?
  • Options
    Almost makes us sound like a well run club.