Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton 3 Wycombe 2 - POST MATCH THREAD 08/09/18

Comments

• Redrobo said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Maybe I am not looking hard enough but I cant see all this 'slagging off' of those who were there.

I am boycotting the Valley but travelling with the team. For those still going thats great, no problem at all, its a personal choice and the team do need our support both home or away.

I followed the game minute by minute today, nervously nail biting at the end and punching the air when we won.

We all support the same club boycotters or not, just do what you want to do.

The team need me at the Valley just as much as they need everyone who went today at Scunthorpe in a few Tuesdays time when I will be there, there are no heros and no villians (except Duchatalet) just us and each making our own decision.

Really? People who say they were at Southend but then claim that they did not know who were playing today? - and then they are on the page 1 saying this and adding that they don’t understand why some feel we are getting our team back together after a good win? And then go onto say they came out of the supermarket and we were on the radio and turned it over to listen to music because they weren’t interested? Then get six likes!

Well I say that is bollocks.
    People who say they didnt know we were playing and the one poster who claimed to not know who we were playing thats all bullshit.

Regular posters on here will see match previews and match threads leading up to games, so its bollocks for them to say theu had no idea we were playing
  • Thats a little bizzare granted, and I dont think they are being wholly truthfull as they would know we are playing and do care about the score, but I dont think they are slagging anyone off, those that were there great, sing up and sing loud, I try not to stress out over likes or lols what matters is 3 points and a better looking table.
  • Redrobo said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Maybe I am not looking hard enough but I cant see all this 'slagging off' of those who were there.

I am boycotting the Valley but travelling with the team. For those still going thats great, no problem at all, its a personal choice and the team do need our support both home or away.

I followed the game minute by minute today, nervously nail biting at the end and punching the air when we won.

The team need me at the Valley just as much as they need everyone who went today at Scunthorpe in a few Tuesdays time when I will be there, there are no heros and no villians (except Duchatalet) just us and each making our own decision.

Really? People who say they were at Southend but then claim that they did not know who were playing today? - and then they are on the page 1 saying this and adding that they don’t understand why some feel we are getting our team back together after a good win? And then go onto say they came out of the supermarket and we were on the radio and turned it over to listen to music because they weren’t interested? Then get six likes!

People who say they didnt know we were playing and the one poster who claimed to not know who we were playing thats all bullshit.

Regular posters on here will see match previews and match threads leading up to games, so its bollocks for them to say theu had no idea we were playing
    I bet ForeverAddick is really upset that nobody can be bothered to read his Match Pre-view thread.

• Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    cs1986 said:

Oggy Red said:

cs1986 said:

Have not read any comments. I watched on I follow and one thing I wanted to say is Reeves changed the game he was a class above everyone on pitch once he came on.

And great subs by bowyer today.

Bowyer said that he was really pleased with Reeves today - although someone on the Player Marks thread only gave him 4 out of 10.

Evidently Bowyer still has much to learn, when it comes to assessing the performance of his players.

Seriously someone rated him 4 Mate?? Wtf! He was outstanding.
    Yep.

Perhaps he's never liked Reeves - so marked him down, forgetting to assess the actual performance of the player in today's match?
    I dunno, it's all opinions of course.

• Oggy Red said:

Redrobo said:

SE7toSG3 said:

I bet ForeverAddick is really upset that nobody can be bothered to read his Match Pre-view thread.

More surprised that people do read them actually
    Funnily enough, Forever .... I do.
    I find them a good read and whet the appetite for the next game.

You do a good job. Keep them coming!

• edited September 2018
    clb74 said:

What a load of b@llocks 1st half that bad I fell asleep.
    Our goal woke me up , at half time a couple of people said did I enjoy my kip.
    Be the same next Saturday as I'll be on the 5.35am out of Bromley south.
    Best I've seen us play this season at home we lost Peterborough.
    And any f@cking chance we can have some on the halfway line for their set plays.
    Ffs it's Wycombe at home

Of course @clb74 if you had a real arsehole mate he would have taken a photo of you in dreamland

:-)
  • Redrobo said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Not slagging anyone off, people can feel or act as they want, but to not care about the result, but care enough to jump straight on the post match thread here to dampen the mood after a good home win. Well, it’s a mindset I find difficult to understand.

Personally, as much as I want Roland gone, and as much I want the club to be different and out of the shit hole league, no matter what is going on in my life Saturday’s are always better if they include a Charlton win.
    This. Agree 100%
    Always feel a buzz at 17:00 on a Saturday when we have won. Don't care if it's 1-0, 2-1, 2-0, whatever whether it's an OG or dodger penalty winner.

A win for our team makes me feel happy. A defeat brings on a directly opposite mood. Losses always hurt, but the regime Roland has bequeathed is a cancer in our midst that spreads as a divisive sickening rage amongst ourselves. Fans with the same aim are divided and bitter and because Roland isn't around to face the music. His divide and rule tactics are working to a degree which fills me with sadness as our fan base must surely be one of the most united in its determination for seeing our club survive. Growth and prosperity are an expectation for the fans of many clubs, but for our fans, our identity is more important. We fight because we care.

In a few hours I'm on a plane to India. There survival takes on a different meaning and will be a humbling experience. Football isn't life or death. It's far less important than that, but for now I'm happy on a Saturday night simply because we won. Many thanks to Lee and the boys.
  • Thought we played badly in large parts but WW were so poor they couldn’t take advantage. Better 2nd half largely because the bench is getting stronger. Let’s hope we can build further on this.
  • Perfect summary by Blucher as usual.
  • Don't mind Pratley but 2 games on the bounce he has come off for Lapslie and instantly we became a good attacking team. Great last half hour and a decent win well done Bowyer and the boys
  • Sponsored links:

• My take on it all.....

As pp have said......very flat first 30 mins - no midfield so defence had little option but to play long balls up to Taylor or down the channels. Pur equaliser may have been a bit lucky but a goal's a goal.....got us back in thr game & the 2nd half was a different proposition. Didn't notice we started the 2nd half with just 10 players....was it with the refs permission as I thought they always counted the players before each half ??

Reeves not my favourite player but must admit he did do well.....even though it took him about 5 mins to touch the ball once he came on. He made some decent pasess & was a link between defence & attack. Aribo doesn't do enough imo & once Cullen is back I'd imagine he'll be on the bench. I also think Beliek should be back in the side.....maybe instead of Prately (??) as the 3 cd today didnt do much wrong.

Motm for me was Taylor. Got injuried twice, but got up for more & gave their defenders the run around in the 2nd half. A bit unlucky with the clash with their keeper, but felt he should have hit the ball before it bounced.

All in all a good afternoon out. Not the best game of football you'll ever see but beats shopping at Bluewater or doing the gardening.

• Went with a couple of neutrals today who really enjoyed the match.

We definitely lost our stride after their opening goal, and took us a good half hour to get back into the game. After that we dominated, especially down to Taylor causing them all sorts of problems.

Both subs looked good today.

Overall, back to back wins and we start to the climb table slowly. Not going to get carried away, but let’s see where we at the end of this month.
  • Went with a couple of neutrals today who really enjoyed the match.

Swiss or Swedish consortium takeover rumours start here!

• Good win in the end, don't know why we had to drop back for last 10 minutes, 2nd half we had the midfield to control the game and score more. Reeves made a difference with his creative passing, Lapsley with his coverage (should have the confidence to shoot more)
    Good win in the end, happy for Sarr for his goal, he deserve it.
    All shaping up for my two Valley visits this season (Coventry, Barnsley )

LEEEEAAAA(bowyer) Bbbuuuurrrnnnn !!!!
  • cs1986 said:

Have not read any comments. I watched on I follow and one thing I wanted to say is Reeves changed the game he was a class above everyone on pitch once he came on.

And great subs by bowyer today.

Just read this in 'Viz Top Tips' mate:

'To save time, effort and energy, simply use PWR if you want to let everyone know you are making a comment without being influenced by others' :wink:
  • So our ‘number one’ keeper has let in 4 goals in his last 2 games?

• edited September 2018
    First half there was nobody coordinating the play and we had players occupying the same spot and marking the same opposition players. They scored. We were also banging passes to Ajose he didn’t have a hope in hell of getting or passes to taylor that were straight at him when he had a player on his back that either fouled him or got fouled by him and either way we lost possession. Second half with the introduction of reeves and then lapslie we did have players coordinating play and filling the gaps and passes to taylor were into space which meant it became a one on one and sometimes a one on two contest between him and the defender(s) to chase and invariably taylor won - more of that please LB. Can’t work out why that tactic seem to stop when we got to 3-1 though. Perhaps we wanted to make it interesting and let them back in the game and score...
  • ross1 said:

Charlton have fresh injury worries with Kristian Bielik, Nicky Ajose and Darren Pratley all out.

Loan signing Bielik missed today’s 3-2 win over Wycombe with a calf strain.

Ajose, above, was replaced at half-time with a hamstring injury, the same problem forcing Pratley off in the second half.

Addicks manager Lee Bowyer said: “[Bielik] pulled his calf on Thursday. It’s too soon to say [how long he will be out].

“We’re just getting everybody back and then we lose three.”

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/953519425?-11197:833

Surely someone told him this is what it'll be like before he took the job, no?