Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton Athletic v Wycombe Wanderers

13»

Comments

• Options
    Ref: 6
    Steer: 6.5
    Bauer: 7
    Pearce: 7.5
    Sarr: 7
    Solly: 6
    Aribo: 6
    Pratley: 6
    Page: 7
    Ajose: 5
    Taylor: 7.5
    Grant; 7.5
    Reeves: 7
    Lapslie: 7
  • Options
    Ref: 6
    Steer: 6
    Solly: 6.5
    Pratley: 5
    Page: 6.5
    Ajose: 4
    Taylor: 8
    Grant; 6.5
    Reeves: 7.5
  • Options
    Referee: 5.5
    Steer: 5.5 distribution not that great didn't justify his starting position. Needs to learn to move your feet.
    Bauer: 6
    Pearce: 6 Needs to stop grabbing opponents around the neck
    Sarr: 6 partly at fault for first goal
    Solly: 6 Better 2nd half particularly when Lapslie came on
    Aribo: 6.5
    Pratley: 6.5 Seems to be trying to get himself sent off 2 bad fouls in 2 weeks
    Page: 6
    Taylor: 7
    Grant; 6.5
    Reeves: 6.5
    Lapslie: 7.5
  • Options
    Steer: 7 Did ok
    Bauer: 7.5 had Akinfenwa in his pocket all game, did really well to keep the 2nd goal alive.
    Pearce: 7.5 as above
    Sarr: 7.5 scored but he always seems to have a clanger in him
    Solly: 6 a shadow of his old self but still a solid defender
    Aribo: 7 composed on the ball but a but wasteful yesterday
    Pratley: 5 worst game I've seen from him so far
    Page: 7 +0.5 for the OG assist -0.5 for the worst cross attempt I've ever seen (other than Cellabos' corner)
    Ajose: 6 pointless playing him in that position
    Taylor: 8 love him more and more with every game played,superb again
    Grant; 7 worked hard not everything worked though.
    Reeves: 8 one of his best performances for a long while, changed the game
    Lapslie: 7 lovely run and cut in from the right but he shouldve shot!
  • Options
    Referee: 5 Adequate but loses a mark for the absurd booking of Steer

Steer: 6 Jury out. If I was Phillips I'd feel hard done by

Bauer: 7 Untroubled. Did well to bat back Grant's cross for Taylor

Pearce: 7 Head in where others fear to put their feet

Sarr: 7 Really pleased for him that he scored

Solly: 7 Usual consistency. Struggled to get back when caught upfield but bailed out by Super George

Aribo: 6.5 Flashes of good but disappeared at times.

Pratley: 6 Does the unglamorous stuff but gets exposed. If we do drop him thoughthe loss of his height at set pieces is not to be underestimated in a physically small team.

Page: 7 Decent and a good cross led to the first goal

Ajose: 5 Anonymous. Maybe not his favourite position in mitigation but overall poor

Taylor: 8 Best I've seen from him. Took his goal well and unlucky with the overhead.

Grant; 7 Contributed particularly to the second goal but knocked off the ball a little too easily on occasions yesterday

Reeves: 7 By far the best I've seen from him. Showed more in 40 minutes or so yesterday than the whole of last season.

Lapslie: 7.5 Love him in a manly kind of way. Wears his heart on his sleeve and so obviously wants to be there. He can play too.
  • Options
    Referee: 7
    Steer: 6. 5 - brilliant distributor, little shakey but to be expected.
    Bauer: 7.5 - BFG
    Pearce: 8 - Had fatboy in his pocket
    Sarr:8 - i actually like Sarr, his improving
    Solly: 6.5 - did okay
    Aribo: 7 - like to see him come forward more
    Pratley: 5 - poor
    Page: 7 - did well
    Ajose: 4 - anonymous
    Taylor: 9 MOTM - that second half display..
    Grant; 7 - getting better
    Reeves: 7 - did well
    Lapslie: 8.5 - quality
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    iFollow

Referee: 8 barely noticed him

Steer: 7 - League One Ederson. I feel for Dillon. He finally has his chance to be number one and we bring in a Champo level goalkeeper, for the second year in a row. And yet Steer looked so much more composed, so much better with the ball at his feet than Phillips has. I said on Tuesday I thought Steer would end the season as our number one. I didn't expect it to come quite to soon. But I think in the little bits he had to do, and there wasn't much, he looked a class above.

Bauer: 8 - Just so solid and he spots and cuts out danger before it comes to fruition. Good assist for the second. People saying he missed and maybe it was a shot but a low ball you have to stretch for the best thing you can do is to just knock it back across where it came from.

Pearce: 8 - Really solid from him. Resisted giving up silly fouls, and when he came out of defense to step in and win the ball, he got there.

Sarr: 8 - EAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSYYYYYYY. On Tuesday night we saw a classy finish. Yesterday we saw a scruffy one. But the great thing about the natural goal scorers, the real poachers, is they can score all kinds of goals. Think he's increasingly getting into Bauer territory in terms of cutting out danger before it gets too bad. People saying he's at fault for the first, I think he has to take some of the blame but that area in front of the three center backs has been a problem all season. Neither Pratley nor Aribo are natural sitting players, and that often leaves big gaps in front of the three center halves. Give that our back three doesn't play a high line I'd rather one of the midfielders, in this case Pratley, shuttle over to cover those gaps. Once the ball was with Thompson on the edge of the box Sarr probably could have done more to get something on it.

Solly: 7 - In the first half he did alright as a conservative fullback. The problem is he was playing as a wingback. Far too many lumps into channels. In the second half we pinned them back, he got forward, he looked a good footballer again. Still don't think he has the legs for wingback but I suspect we'll go back to a diamond with Reeves, Cullen, and Bielik returning.

Aribo: 6.5 - He looks lost in this formation. But the two times he got the ball in the attacking third, the first he played it out to Page who crossed it for the own goal, the second he played in Karlan who smashed it across in what lead to Bauer's goal. But we need to find ways of getting him the ball in those positions more often. I think a midfield diamond of him, Bielik, Cullen, and Reeves will help get the best out of him.

Pratley: 5 - A liability. At the start of the season I felt he looked half a yard off the pace and I hoped that was because he didn't have a preseason. That clearly isn't the case. It's clear that, at 33, some of his pace and athleticism has gone and what's left is a player constantly late into challenges. For the second week running he could have been sent off for a professional foul that even by League One standards was awful. Inexcusable from the oldest player on the pitch. Right now I'm not sure he even makes the bench when everyone else in midfield is fit.

Page: 7.5 - Got up and back well, as always. And as a result a lot of our attacks come down his side in the first half. Good ball for the own goal.

Ajose: 6.5 - Thought he looked lively with his movement and he was the only forward in the first 30 minutes where when the ball went in to his feet it stuck. But he just hasn't been able to link up with Taylor and Grant. Hopefully that understanding builds during the season as I still think he could be useful at this level.

Taylor: 8.5 MOTM - When he focuses on playing football, and not the niggly little battles with the opposition center backs, he can be borderline unplayable, as we saw in the second half. He was very poor in the first half. Two tap ins in two weeks now, but he was so dangerous everywhere on the pitch. Very nearly scored the goal of the season. Popped up all over, linked play, came short, pulled wide, and got in the box. More of this please.

Grant; 7 - He worked very hard and drags defenses all over the place. Got in behind two or three times before helping to set up Taylor's goal. Not his best afternoon but the still must be a handful to play against. He and Taylor should be acutely aware that as Igor returns to fitness they will both need to maintain a high level to keep their places.

Reeves: 8 - changed the game. I don't get why people don't at least understand his potential. He has fantastic technical skill, takes up great positions, does his doggies, and can pick a pass in a way no one else in this team can. He delivery for Sarr's goal was excellent. But he also played three threaded balls that turned their defense within ten minutes of coming on that showed Wycombe they were now dealing with a whole new threat. With the likes of Bielik and Cullen next to him, and Taylor, Grant, Fosu, and Igor in front of him, if he stays fit he could become the creative hub of this team.

Lapslie: 7.5 - When he came on I thought he was the wrong substitution and for the first couple minutes he looked that way. We were under pressure and I thought we needed more steel in there, more of a sitting player--Dijksteel. But I was wrong. His energy and pace and strength and just ability to pop up everywhere gave us real drive. And all of a sudden a lot of the good things we did went through him in one way or another. A great cameo from a young man who, every time I think he's plateaued, he seems to find another way to make an impact. A great player to have in the squad. He may not start every week, but he looks a very valuable substitute.

Dijksteel; n/a

Edit - forget the ref!

I'll come back and do a write up, I just forgot to do it yesterday and on Tuesday so didn't want to miss out again.
  • Options
    Referee: 5.5 inconsistent.
    Steer: 6.5 not consvinced his distribution is better than Philipps. I think he could've done better for their first.
    Bauer: 7.5
    Pearce: 8 dealt with the Beast.
    Sarr: 7.5 their first goal nutmegged him, but he got better and was very composed when he scored.
    Solly: 7.5
    Aribo: 6.5 got better 2nd half
    Pratley: 5 glad we have someone prepared to take on for the team, but we improved when he went off
    Page: 7.5
    Ajose: 5 worked hard but not a good day for him
    Taylor: 8 MOTM 2nd half kept them on their toes. Keep this up and he will get cult hero status.
    Grant; 7 worked well
    Reeves: 8 made the difference
    Lapslie: 7.5 really benefited from his energy
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Bauer: 6
    Pearce: 5.5
    Sarr: 6
    Solly: 7
    Aribo: 7.5
    Grant; 7.5
    Reeves: 8
    Lapslie: 8
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Ref 8 - thought he got most things right. It wasn't a pen on Taylor as keeper saved the ball before contact and was doing what a keeper should do - close him down. In terms of the Steer booking, I thought it was Pearce's fault. He signalled to Steer to take the freekick as a time wasting measure, so probably right somebody was booked and it could only be Steer, even though he wasn't really wasting time for that incident!

Steer: 7 - Solid and distribution looks good
    Bauer: 7 - Solid
    Pearce: 8 - Imposed himself on them
    Sarr: 7 - You get a bit of everything with him, good and bad - extra point for the goal
    Solly: 7.5 Involved throughout
    Aribo: 7 - Got more effective as the game went on
    Pratley: 5 - Wasn't overly impressed
    Page: 7.5 - Got forwards well
    Ajose: 6 - Nice ball to put Grant through, but other than that, not very effective
    Taylor: 8.5 - MOTM - Nearly scored goal of the season, A constant threat and another goal
    Grant: 7 - When he is direct and runs at opponents he is at his best.
    Reeves: 7 - Had a positive effect when he came on
    Lapslie: 7.5 - A bit raw sometimes, but bags of energy which is important at this level ( I am mindful of the job Pritchard did, and he is going to be a very useful player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Steer: 5 - Looked shaky, didnt convince me ahead of Phillips
    Bauer: 7.5 - Him and Pearce dealt extremely well with Akinfenwa, extra slight mark for the assist
    Pearce: 8 - Great game from him, led well
    Sarr: 6 - Gets a point for the goal, was at fault for the first goal and dithered on the ball at the wrong times
    Solly: 7 - One of the better performers from the First-Half, did well in the second
    Aribo: 6.5 - Dithered a bit too much on the ball yet was better with Reeves and Lapslie playing
    Pratley: 5 - Poor game yet gets a point for the bad challenge he took, we've needed someone to do that for a few years
    Page: 7 - Did well to get us the opening goal, not a bad game, not standout
    Ajose: 7 - As already said, he's a Striker not Attacking Midfielder yet did his best and didnt hide during our poor spell
    Taylor: 8 - Already a cult hero for me, deserved his goal, terrorised their Defence
    Grant: 7 - Terrorised their defence with his pace, didnt really get a sniff at goal though

Reeves: 7.5 - Did well from the bench, could be an important player this season
    Lapslie: 8 - Worked his bloody socks off yet why didnt he shoot when he was clear through?

Referee: 5 - Would have had an 8 for his First-Half display, the second half though he was bloody awful

Obviously we were at the same game. Echo markings and comments.
  • Options

At the Valley or on a stream your marks please, if you think a player deserves MoM please put it by their mark
    Referee:
    Bauer: 6.5
    Pearce: 6.5
    Sarr: 6.5
    Solly: 6
    Page:6.5
    Ajose:6
    Taylor: 8 motm
    Grant; 7

Dijksteel; n/a

Edit - forget the ref!

• Options
    I must admit going to the game in a moment of weakness despite vowing not to this season!
  • Options
    Steer: 6 didn't fill me with confidence
    Bauer: 7 steady
    Pearce: 7 leader
    Sarr: 7 strong
    Solly: 7 one of his better games
    Aribo: 8 showed some nice touches especially 2nd half.
    Pratley: 6 gave away silly fouls
    Page:7 got up and down well
    Ajose:2 fking useless
    Taylor: 8 worked his socks off and always wants the ball and caused all sorts of problems for wycombes defence with his runs behind, and the overhead kick was a fantastic piece of skill.
    Grant; 7 run all day, should have scored in the 1st half though
    Reeves: 7 showed what he can do when he came on made a big difference.
    Lapslie: 7 another one of our own, put himself about and can cross a ball.

Dijksteel; n/a

Edit - forget the ref!
  • Options

Pearce: 7
    Solly: 5.5
    Aribo: 5.5
    Pratley: 5.5
    Ajose: 4
    Grant; 6
    Lapslie: 7.5
  • Options
    Steer: -7
    Bauer: -7.5
    Pearce: -8.5 MOM
    Aribo: 7
    Taylor: 7
    Grant; 7
    Reeves: 8 Changed the game
    Lapslie: 6.5

Thought the Referee was the best we have seen for a long while
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Ref: 4
    Pearce: 8
    Aribo: 6.5
    Ajose: 2 just go away, too many opportunities handed to him.... doesn't want it.
    Grant; 7.5
    Lapslie: 8 changed it when he came on!
  • Options
    Referee: - 8
    Bauer: 7.5
    Pearce: 7
    Ajose: 6
    Grant; 7.5
    Reeves: 8
    Lapslie: 7.5
  • Options
    Brunello said:

Steer: -7
    Bauer: -7.5
    Pearce: -8.5 MOM
    Taylor: 7
    Grant; 7
    Reeves: 8 Changed the game
    Lapslie: 6.5

Thought the Referee was the best we have seen for a long while

Except for the bizarre booking of Steer.
  • Options

At the Valley or on a stream your marks please, if you think a player deserves MoM please put it by their mark
    Referee:
    Steer: 7
    Aribo: 6.6
    Page:7.5
    Grant; 7.5
    Lapslie: 8.5, MOM, extra half a point for keeping his shirt tucked in and black boots!

Dijksteel; n/a

Edit - forget the ref!

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Referee:
    Steer: 7
    Aribo: 6.6
    Page:7.5
    Grant; 7.5
    Lapslie: 8.5, MOM, extra half a point for keeping his shirt tucked in and black boots!

Dijksteel; n/a

Edit - forget the ref!

My LOL being for the Lapslie comment
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Referee: I'd like to forget the ref but how we didn't get a penalty whilst seeing the back of their 'keeper, I don't know. Shades of France-Germany in the World Cup a few years ago.
    Steer: 7 - didn't inspire confidence but I don't think he had much chance with either goal
    Bauer: 8 - applied himself to the task at hand and put his head in where others would be afraid to put their foot.
    Pearce: 8 - see above.
    Sarr: 8 - Oh Naby Sarr, he plays up front...
    Solly: 7 - didn't do anything wrong, looked OK going forward
    Aribo: 7 - some nice touches but not involved enough
    Pratley: 4 - a lump, a vicious lump, a not very good vicious lump
    Page: 7 - not everything worked but what did was good
    Ajose: 6 - played completely out of position
    Taylor: 8 - really put himself about and could have ended up in hospital; spared Bauer's blushes, who should have got the second, by being in the right place at the right time for his goal.
    Grant; 7 - worked hard, nearly got in from Taylor's through ball in the first half.
    Reeves 4, Lapslie 7: I wondered how I'd tell two small blonds apart, then I noticed one was good and the other was Reeves. About the only thing Lapslie did really wrong was passing to Reeves instead of shooting.

Oh come on!! I don’t fancy Reeves any more than you do as I’ve made pretty clear on here on numerous occasions, but you can’t deny the impact he had on the game today. Blowing out of his arse after 20 mins but in those 20 mins he helped turn the game. Credit where it’s due.
    That's not what I saw but I seem to be in the minority (of one!). By the way, I've always marked the performance, not the player.