Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup 2018 September 28th-30th

Comments

• Options
    Agree with weegie. Wish I'd had done that at Gleneagles. Pick your hole and stay there. Also if you do do that,try to pick a spot with a good view of the green if you would prefer to see them play out, but don't get right close to the green as you'll find that the entourages will block your view.
  • Options
    Looking at the two teams, I cant see anything but a comfortable American win, but as others have said this is the Ryder Cup. Hope we smash em.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Looking at the two teams, I cant see anything but a comfortable American win, but as others have said this is the Ryder Cup. Hope we smash em.

oh NOW you refer to Europe as 'we' ;)
    Have not left yet so YOU keep telling me.
  • Options
    This is going to be tough, i will be meeting my mate for the midday session for KO drinks in T Wells if anyone cares to join?

Nice to see Woods win yesterday and Rose won 10 million, was a close call in the end but great scenes all round.

Hoping Europe can pull one out the bag here, but dont think it will happen. Buzzing!
  • Options

This is going to be tough, i will be meeting my mate for the midday session for KO drinks in T Wells if anyone cares to join?

Nice to see Woods win yesterday and Rose won 10 million, was a close call in the end but great scenes all round.

Hoping Europe can pull one out the bag here, but dont think it will happen. Buzzing!

It was only $'s though...
  • Options

They say that every time, but i think we've pulled one out of the bag for 6 of the last 8? !
  • Options

Anyone know what the ticket prices are for this ?
    As its only 2 hours drive from me , might be the only RC i'd get to see live.

The tickets are a bit like Glastonbury tickets where you have to register a photograph and personal info to prevent them being touted, so i'd be careful about buying one from a stranger
  • Options
    For the first time ever the whole of the world top 10 are playing at the Ryder Cup. In fact 17 out of the world top 18 are there. Should be fantastic.
  • Options

The tickets are a bit like Glastonbury tickets where you have to register a photograph and personal info to prevent them being touted, so i'd be careful about buying one from a stranger
    Tickets don't have the photos on though. I got Sat and Sun tickets and no photos, unless entry is like Paddock Club/The Paddock at F1 and the photo appears as you enter.

Should be a good 3 days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Markg2004 said:

Tickets don't have the photos on though. I got Sat and Sun tickets and no photos, unless entry is like Paddock Club/The Paddock at F1 and the photo appears as you enter.

Should be a good 3 days.
    Yeah i think the photos will appear on the scanners at the gates, a friend of a friend can no longer go and we were warned not to just sell it on because they won't get it. They could just be calling our bluff mind you
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Not long now, feeling we might actually have a chance now not sure if thats with the heart though? Even though the Americans look stacked , the course will suit us and our players have had a few results there in the past.

Tee times tomorrow: French times.... an hour earlier than below
    Session One - Fourballs - 28/09/18

08:10 - Match 1
    08:25 - Match 2
    08:40 - Match 3
    08:55 - Match 4

Session Two - Foursomes - 28/09/18

13:50 - Match 1
    14:05 - Match 2
    14:20 - Match 3
    14:35 - Match 4
  • Options
    edited September 2018

Not long now, feeling we might actually have a chance now not sure if thats with the heart though? Even though the Americans look stacked , the course will suit us and our players have had a few results there in the past.

Tee times tomorrow:

That's the French times, so an hour earlier here. Getting very excited now!
  • Options
    Six weeks ago i wouldve said the Americans were a shoe in,so many of them were playing well but not so much now. I think,although they are favourites to win it,it will be alot tighter, really looking forward to them teeing it up now.
  • Options
    such a great spectacle ..i hope its a tight contest in favour of europe but moreover the the good name of golf prevail ..lets see good behaviour from the galleries and dignity from the players
  • Options
    lolwray said:

such a great spectacle ..i hope its a tight contest in favour of europe but moreover the the good name of golf prevail ..lets see good behaviour from the galleries and dignity from the players

What, like this you mean?

• Options

Tee times tomorrow:

Correct my bad didnt realse, thought it started @ 7 , alarm will be set. Watch first session at home then of to pub for the afternoon session!
  • Options

Tee times tomorrow:

Correct my bad didnt realse, thought it started @ 7 , alarm will be set. Watch first session at home then of to pub for the afternoon session!
    Some of us have to work you know!!

(good job I've got a TV in my office)
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Tee times tomorrow:

i booked of specifically so i can go to the pub with my mate, bit annoying i have a bit of a cold (in work today though) but will still soldier on. Mate said he was originally going to say a shot for any hole Europe win but then realised that could be very messy, might now be anytime someone gets in the bunker or lake :smiley:
  • Options

bobmunro said:

Tee times tomorrow:

i booked of specifically so i can go to the pub with my mate, bit annoying i have a bit of a cold (in work today though) but will still soldier on. Mate said he was originally going to say a shot for any hole Europe win but then realised that could be very messy, might now be anytime someone gets in the bunker or lake :smiley:
    Sounds like a good day planned.

Why don't you have a shot for every time someone in the crowd says 'Yo the man!' or 'Get in the hole' ( or 'tu es l'homme' or 'entrer dans le trou').

Now that could get very messy!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

Tee times tomorrow:

Sounds like a good day planned.

Why don't you have a shot for every time someone in the crowd says 'Yo the man!' or 'Get in the hole' ( or 'tu es l'homme' or 'entrer dans le trou').

Now that could get very messy!

That was the flaw with the original idea, but thanks i will try and watch it all and not be on the floor / in an ambulance before the end of play lol

Looking forward to it, hopefully my cold goes overnight as i will enjoy it more. Although i will just drink through it regardless!
  • Options
    how much younger is the US team compared to Europe .. perhaps some of our younger men lack dedication .. e.g. what has happened to Danny Willett ?
  • Options
    Interesting pairings for the fourballs. Fancy us to win 1st two matches but dont think we'll get much out of matches 3&4
  • Options
    Stage is set for Tiger to have an absolute stormer
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Stage is set for Tiger to have an absolute stormer

Yep. Just think woods and red neck reed will have too much for molinari and our tommy
  • Options
    Dont mind most of the yank team but that fat red neck twat Reed,i have this irrational dislike of him,cant stand his face
  • Options
    Pairings for everyone so they dont have to google :wink:

Rose and Rahm v Koepka and Finau
    McIlroy and Olesen v Johnson and Fowler
    Casey and Hatton v Spieth and Thomas
    Molinari and Fleetwood v Woods and Reed Halved

Prediction 2 1/2 - 1 1/2 America win opening session
  • Options
    Watching the morning session then playing in the afternoon
  • Options
    Woods doesn't do pairs matches. His record in the RC is pants. Final day singles is another matter.
  • Options
    This is gonna be an upset of biblical proportions.
    Europe will smash them.