Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MyHermes

2»

Comments

• Options
    Talal said:

Budget prices, budget service. Though so far I've not really had a problem with them as a buyer or seller.

Made a complaint against Dpd the other day as their guys didn't even knock on my door. Happened to be looking out upstairs window and one told the other to take it over the road where a car was in the drive.
    Went to the door and just waited as my neighbour pointed over that I was in. Got a sheepish apology but unacceptable in my eyes.

This complaint looks to have come back and bitten me on the arse. Meant to have a delivery today between 2.30 and 3.30. Been in the whole time, no knock at door but tracking says it's been signed for by my surname. Have tried some neighbours. Means I have pretty much zero chance of getting my money back back through eBay or PayPal. Have phoned them, not much help they tried to ring driver but couldn't get through. All I can hope for is that that the gps shows he wasn't on my road. I'll try see a copy of the signature.
    Meant to have another dpd delivery tomorrow as well!
  • Options
    dpd for me are excellent deal with most of them at work myhermes or tuffnells probably the most unreliable.
  • Options

dpd for me are excellent deal with most of them at work myhermes or tuffnells probably the most unreliable.

I was eyeing up a few of these deliver from home type of companies if work ever dried up for me

Fucking hell, talk about a race to the bottom. I won't share the rates in case anyone does it and I don't want to disrespect anyone's chosen career......

I don't know how anyone can do that job and be totally legal, it put me off even as a fall back

No wonder they chuck stuff under parked cars and over fences to complete a delivery

• Options
    To their credit Dpd phoned me back and said it's definitely been delivered to a neighbour, so knocked at houses further down, turns out they delivered to someone 8 doors away whom I've never spoken to before. Yet it was apparently signed for by me, no card through door and yet again no attempt to even knock at mine.
    Still least I've got the item but awful service, get better from Hermes round here.
  • Options
    The problem with Hermes and a lot of the other delivery companies is they employ drivers on piece rate so the drivers have no incentive to produce a good service, only to "deliver" where they can. Sadly, that is too often just left on the doorstep if the experience of some of my customers is anything to go by. I try to use Royal Mail or Parcelforce where possible but for some of my low value items the markup is so small I have to use a cut-price service. As least they always pay up if an item does go walkies.
  • Options
    Just had an email from Yodel saying an item has been delivered. Not had anything so looked on doorstep and there it was so thought I'd have a quick look at cctv as didn't hear anything. The guy just dropped it there, no knock or ring. What is wrong with them? Even if it's a ring of the bell then walk off it's better than nothing.
  • Options
    They get paid per "delivery" - all they care about is being able to mark as many orders as delivered as quickly as possible. 

Pay them a proper hourly rate and watch the quality of service go up. 
  • Options
    I get that, but like I said ring the bell and walk off if they have to it would take them a second longer. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Just had an email from Yodel saying an item has been delivered. Not had anything so looked on doorstep and there it was so thought I'd have a quick look at cctv as didn't hear anything. The guy just dropped it there, no knock or ring. What is wrong with them? Even if it's a ring of the bell then walk off it's better than nothing.
    Exact same thing happened to me with Yodel yesterday, I had it was left in a safe place. Saw the guy from my kitchen just drop it at the doorstep and walk off. If it wasn't school clothes for the nipper I'd have been on to the sellers saying I've not received it and asking for another.

EastStand said:
    They get paid per "delivery" - all they care about is being able to mark as many orders as delivered as quickly as possible. 

I've heard in some instances of drivers being deducted pay due to parcels being left in a "safe" place but recipients claiming they've not been received...You'd have thought that'd encourage them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a delivery from Hermes last week. Wasnt in when they came told me they would try again next day, came no problem. I am lucky though as I work shifts.
  • Options
    It would appear I'm extremely lucky, as I've never had an issue with any deliveries and we must have had hundreds over the last few years.
  • Options
    Used once, packaged up some mulled wine goblets I sold on eBay, really carefully packed and used tape on the outside to show it was fragile. The fella who got it said he watched the van pull up outside, the guy literally threw it about a bit, knocked on the door,  shook it in front of him so he could hear the smashes and smiled !  To be fair to them they paid out to me fairly easily on the insurance but I would not use them again.  It turned out the man buying was a collector and said every time Hermes were used they turned up smashed but never had with other couriers.
  • Options
    EastStand said:

True, but I suppose the company would argue that if they were paid hourly there’d be little or no incentive for them to get their deliveries done quickly and efficiently.
  • Options
    The problem with Hermes is the service is very variable, it depends on your local agent. Our previous one was awful but our current one is good. 
  • Options

For me they are the worst of the lot

2 parcels over Xmas lost both said delivered, card left contradicted itself on one

2 full refunds which was fine as I found 1 item cheaper on another site so happy days

• Options
    My local My Hermes drivers are great. They are a retired couple, drive around together, are always polite a very friendly. Take their time and even bring treats for the dog.

• Options
    My local My Hermes drivers are great. They are a retired couple, drive around together, are always polite a very friendly. Take their time and even bring treats for the dog.

This is a good point, your experience can differ dramatically depending who does the job. I doubt a retired couple have got any motivation to be launching parcels over fences or leaving stuff on door mats. 

Someone with a family to feed or a pub to get in by 5pm not so much, not that it should make a difference. Physically I worked a lot harder when I was in my early 20s, took every call out going, overtime, the lot. I was also blowing out of my arse half the time. The more experienced blokes who were twice my age, did the same job but knew what was achievable on a daily basis weren't out of breath every day we got back to the yard. 

You get people who tear around and make a big scene of how much they have done, they were always people who would leave a job in a shit state for someone else to sort out. They are wankers. Do the job properly first time even if it means spending a bit of time and the horrible element of re-doing something isn't there and it pays off in the long run as speed naturally comes with experience. 

Of course the paymasters of the world don't see that, they'd rather bang things out at a rate of knots and sing from the rooftops about delivery (literally in this case of Hermes) and brush quality under the carpet 
  • Options
    Bought a mobile off musicmagpie recently and got a terrible service. Not sure who they use to deliver, but after paying for a guaranteed next day on the thursday, it was delivered the following monday. Except of course i wasn't in, so had to pick it up from RM later that week. Amateurs. I was gonna complain, but just couldnt be bothered in the end. The worse thing was they kept emailing updating me on the progress of the delivery. Your package is here, it's now here, its at you local sorting office etc etc. I paid a fiver for next day ffs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2019
    My tip is try to get friendly with your Hermes delivery person. Not always possible, but they are just members of the public, not postmen or women. If they like you, they are more likely to go the extra mile for you.

It is a waste of time complaining to Hermes. As a company they couldn't care less.
  • Options
    Our local Hermes guy is excellent - friendly and efficient. Not only does he return the next day if we're not in, but he takes returned goods with him.

His biggest complaint is that his round is not ready for him to collect from the warehouse and sometimes him and his colleagues have to wait up to a couple of hours before they can even load up.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Our local Hermes guy is excellent - friendly and efficient. Not only does he return the next day if we're not in, but he takes returned goods with him.

His biggest complaint is that his round is not ready for him to collect from the warehouse and sometimes him and his colleagues have to wait up to a couple of hours before they can even load up.
    Are you in Bromley, sounds just like the guy we have. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Addickted said:

It's probably a bad idea saying so, but I've never had a single problem with deliveries from anyone (Bromley).
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Addickted said:

It's probably a bad idea saying so, but I've never had a single problem with deliveries from anyone (Bromley).
    I've probably had one bad delivery myself... Ordered a new Golf Bag from somewhere which was being delivered between two times. Remember my parents were due to go out during that period and literally sprinted off the train from work and ran home so that I could get back, so they in turn could go out - Not once was someone out of the house, yet the courier (cant remember who it was) claimed no one was home despite never stopping... Meant I had the hassle of actually getting it as no card had been left etc
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Ditto, Addickted.

In fact, despite not being in the habit of giving a " Christmas Box " these days, I managed to catch him this morning & belatedly handed over an envelope with a little something inside. 

Also have one waiting for the postie when I see him. 

Both have been excellent during these past 9 months & deserve our thanks for continuing to provide a great service.