Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton managers and touchline bans

Anyone know When was the last time we had one?

I’ve a suspicion one may be coming after tonight..

Comments

• Powelly had a spell in the stands if o remember rightly.
  • Powelly had a spell in the stands if o remember rightly.

Was gonna say I am sure Powell did
  • Parky was fined not sure he was banned though
  • The annoying thing was that 'Fat Boy' Evans was continuously out of the technical area throughout the first half. Constantly in the fourth official's ear yet nothing done. Thought the ref was absolute shite.
  • Am I wrong but don't normally they just get sent to the stands. I can't remember a yellow card ever getting shown at a manager before
  • redman said:

Am I wrong but don't normally they just get sent to the stands. I can't remember a yellow card ever getting shown at a manager before

New rule! Chris Powell was red carded for Southend on Saturday!
  • redman said:

Am I wrong but don't normally they just get sent to the stands. I can't remember a yellow card ever getting shown at a manager before

New this season I think - red and yellow cards for managers
  • redman said:

New this season I think - red and yellow cards for managers
    Only in the Football League though

In the Premier League the Managers are too precious to be shown a card and can only receive a verbal warning
  • Sponsored links:

• Powell was sent off twice, once he got a ban for it.

Parky, Luzon and Curbs were also sent off although neither got a ban

• Redweb said:

Would love to have seen Bowyer two foot tackle that fat prick Evans for a straight red!

I am sure we could all club together and pay his fine as well
  • I thought it was only a matter of time before Karl was gonna get sent off.
  • I remember Curbs being sent off at Southend, in 91/92 I think!
  • I remember Curbs being sent off at Southend, in 91/92 I think!

I was telling my boy tonight that the ref reminded me of a certain Mr Kelvin Morton who always seemed to think people came to watch him, he was the ref in that Southend match. Most famed for giving five penalties in half an hour in a Palace V Brighton match but also did some other very nutty things such as forcing an Orient fan to move from his seat because the colour of his shirt was clashing with the lino's flag.
  • addick05 said:

The annoying thing was that 'Fat Boy' Evans was continuously out of the technical area throughout the first half. Constantly in the fourth official's ear yet nothing done. Thought the ref was absolute shite.

Evans showed a yellow card in the tunnel at half time
  • clive said:
    Weird a footballers ban would be the next game, but Powell was on the sideline for Tuesday game at Luton and misses saturdays game
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm sure Chris Powell got banned and watched the game from just inside the players tunnel at The Valley, peering round the corner when the ball went up the other end. Lot of banter with the North Stand as well.
  • A lot easier to be banned at a home game where it's much easier to keep in touch with the bench
  • A lot easier to be banned at a home game where it's much easier to keep in touch with the bench

They are away on Saturday tho haha
  • edited September 2018

Evans is banned

Steve Evans League One Manager of the Month despite his recent altercations with referees and managers over the last month.

• Kap10 said:

Evans is banned

Steve Evans League One Manager of the Month despite his recent altercations with referees and managers over the last month.

No surprise... Was the only League One Manager with a 100% record for August