Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ref tonight

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018

Championship ref last season apparently! Unbelievable

• Options
    edited August 2018
  • Options
    Watch game on I follow Peterborough commentators couldn’t believe it said we should have had penalty at one end when IvanToney hand balled then they went straight up over end and get penalty that was never a penalty they could not believe there luck and we’re laughing there heads off. Admitting ref made a total balls up.
  • Options
    Any highlights of the penalty?
  • Options

DRAddick said:

Apart from the not giving the same decisions our way he was giving them, and the fact there's no way he could have seen clearly it was a pen from where he was, I think he did alright. He got the result he wanted in the end.

Not his fault we didn't score or even create any half decent chances though.

What game did u watch??

Created some decent chances
    BFG came close
    Twice they blocked it on the line.

We were very unlucky not to score
    Two goal line blocks when we only had 1 attempt on target. Impressive defending.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

Apart from the not giving the same decisions our way he was giving them, and the fact there's no way he could have seen clearly it was a pen from where he was, I think he did alright. He got the result he wanted in the end.

What game did u watch??

BFG came close

Two goal line blocks when we only had 1 attempt on target. Impressive defending.
    I was stood in the upper north, taylor had 2 great chances that were blocked

May not have bee on the line, but if the defender wasnt there they would have gone in
  • Options

DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

What game did u watch??

BFG came close

May not have bee on the line, but if the defender wasnt there they would have gone in
    So just regular blocked shots then?
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

What game did u watch??

BFG came close

You said we didnt create another half decent chances.

We clearly did, maybe u need to go specsavers
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Championship ref last season apparently! Unbelievable

if
    No need for the homophobia.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    All the shit league shit ref comments are bollocks.
    Plenty of good refs last season and more than the fair share of shit refs at home when in the prem.

I said after about an hour to the missus that this bloke is the most one sided ref is seen since we use to play Arsenal, Chelsea, Man utd.

He was out for us tonight for some reason and just couldn't wait for them to get in our box.

Bent as a nine Bob note, and not in a gay way (credit David Brent)
  • Options

All the shit league shit ref comments are bollocks.
    Plenty of good refs last season and more than the fair share of shit refs at home when in the prem.

I said after about an hour to the missus that this bloke is the most one sided ref is seen since we use to play Arsenal, Chelsea, Man utd.

He was out for us tonight for some reason and just couldn't wait for them to get in our box.

Bent as a nine Bob note, and not in a gay way (credit David Brent)

Problem is that anyone who is half decent at our level gets fast tracked up to the top level never to be seen again, leaving us left with the left over dross.

Best ref last season against Blackburn (Robert Jones) is now regular in the Championship and won’t be long before he’s in the Premier League.
  • Options
    Who'd be a ref eh, agree he was not that good but some comments on here are farcical, cant play a game without a ref.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

What game did u watch??

BFG came close

You said we didnt create another half decent chances.

We clearly did, maybe u need to go specsavers
    You said we had two blocked on the line. Clearly we didn't, maybe I can just borrow your rose tinted ones.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

I thought he missed the worse tackle of the game when Solly did their player on the touchline.

Just bizarre decisions all night but we did create enough clear cut chances.

100% agree on that, it was a nasty challenge. Made me laugh that he didn't give it though.

As another example of how poor he was there was the incident by the north east corner flag where their fella purposely reached his leg out as far as he could to get a free kick off Taylor but the ref didn't give it, Taylor had a word in the lad's ear and the lad then chased Taylor back to the halfway line to have a pop. We all saw this starting but the ref turned his back on it, proper bottle job.
  • Options

Hope him and Roland both die in a tragic car accident

Hope him and Roland both die in a tragic car accident

Mate come on now, it wouldn’t be tragic.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

It's not even just about the missed decisions. It's the actual cognitive functions and processes - or lack thereof - engaged in making any sort of decision.

There were a few incidents that came to mind:

- Ball goes out of play halfway line by the dugouts. Neither referee nor linesman signal. No communication is apparent. Peterborough pick the ball up and go to take the throw. Our players ask whose throw it is; no clear response from the referee or any other match official. Peterborough thus take the throw, with no explicit instruction.

- Aerial challenge initially deemed fair, Charlton in possession. Peterborough player goes down with a head injury. Whistle is blown, at which point the referee points to the head, indicating it's a head injury. All fair enough. HOWEVER. Play is then restarted with a free kick to Peterborough. No indication as to why this is, or what prompted a change in mind. No clarity in communication.

- Lack of consistency applied when (in particular) Lyle Taylor "made a back" for defenders. Sometimes it would be given as a foul; sometimes it would not. In my opinion, this is one of those things that always either is, or is not, an offence. (Personally I think it is, as it jeopardises player safety more than just going up for the ball usually would.)

- No consistency behind decision-making when giving fouls for one-on-one tussles. Usually they just seemed to go against us. A couple didn't, but again, there was no consistency there.

As for some of the individual decisions:

- How did he miss Solly's dangerous tackle when eight yards away? (Scythed in, scissor motion, reckless play, probably a yellow - worst tackle of the match)

- How did he miss Toney handballing it when eight yards away?

- What the fuck was their pen decision?

There was just so much wrong with the refereeing and I expect a complaint to be made. Too little too late, of course, but poor officiating is simply detrimental to football as a whole.

A well reasoned and thought-out post and one which I am in total agreement with. However, we have to remember that we are playing in the THIRD Division and therefore we will have commensurate officials. For many of whom this will be the highest level they will achieve. I'm afraid we will have to grin and bear it until we can escape this division. I do think that the referee should be invited to explain some of his more bizarre decisions to the appropriate authorities.
  • Options
    Not seen a bad refeering performance like that in the Kent league, and the only communication they have is by signal and mouth. This League One means shit refs stuff is crap when the basics aren’t even being done properly.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

It's not even just about the missed decisions. It's the actual cognitive functions and processes - or lack thereof - engaged in making any sort of decision.

- Ball goes out of play halfway line by the dugouts. Neither referee nor linesman signal. No communication is apparent. Peterborough pick the ball up and go to take the throw. Our players ask whose throw it is; no clear response from the referee or any other match official. Peterborough thus take the throw, with no explicit instruction.

- Aerial challenge initially deemed fair, Charlton in possession. Peterborough player goes down with a head injury. Whistle is blown, at which point the referee points to the head, indicating it's a head injury. All fair enough. HOWEVER. Play is then restarted with a free kick to Peterborough. No indication as to why this is, or what prompted a change in mind. No clarity in communication.

- Lack of consistency applied when (in particular) Lyle Taylor "made a back" for defenders. Sometimes it would be given as a foul; sometimes it would not. In my opinion, this is one of those things that always either is, or is not, an offence. (Personally I think it is, as it jeopardises player safety more than just going up for the ball usually would.)

- No consistency behind decision-making when giving fouls for one-on-one tussles. Usually they just seemed to go against us. A couple didn't, but again, there was no consistency there.

- How did he miss Solly's dangerous tackle when eight yards away? (Scythed in, scissor motion, reckless play, probably a yellow - worst tackle of the match)

There was just so much wrong with the refereeing and I expect a complaint to be made. Too little too late, of course, but poor officiating is simply detrimental to football as a whole.

Very well said...
  • Options
    Still feel cheated this morning. As scandalous as the Rotherham 15 and Fulham 06 decisions. Though the latter I was much more mad with the lino than Graham Poll as it was the lino who give it. But Poll is still an flipping a**e hole.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick05 said:

PaddyP17 said:

A well reasoned and thought-out post and one which I am in total agreement with. However, we have to remember that we are playing in the THIRD Division and therefore we will have commensurate officials. For many of whom this will be the highest level they will achieve. I'm afraid we will have to grin and bear it until we can escape this division. I do think that the referee should be invited to explain some of his more bizarre decisions to the appropriate authorities.
    This would be the referee that's been officiating at Championship level for about a decade, been full-time in the Championship the last two seasons, and has had two Championship matches already this season.

• Options
    It is about time referees where held to account,apart from the penalty,we had a player rightly booked for pulling back,10 minutes later,their guy did the same thing,no booking.Page won a ball in midfield without even touching the opponent and he was penalised.Are their assessors in the stand at this level,if yes what do they do about such profound incompetence.Can we officially complain about a referees performance,or do we have to just take this sort of crap.Bowyer will no doubt be punished for his comments,this referee will just turn up at another game and carry on as normal.
  • Options

addick05 said:

PaddyP17 said:

This would be the referee that's been officiating at Championship level for about a decade, been full-time in the Championship the last two seasons, and has had two Championship matches already this season.

Blimey are you saying he's been of this 'quality' for the past decade!!?

• Options
    He probably accepted a bribe from Steve Evans to give Peterborough a penalty and cost us the game.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

DRAddick said:

What game did u watch??

BFG came close

If a block is made when a shot is on target, shouldn't that be added to the stats, when if a keeper blocked it, it would be?
  • Options

He probably accepted a bribe from Steve Evans to give Peterborough a penalty and cost us the game.

I take it you don't like him.
    You should have told us earlier.
  • Options
    Still a complete and utter helmet.

Useless attention seeking twat.

Hope he doesn't get a big game at end of season with us, God forbid a play off game.
  • Options

Still a complete and utter helmet.

Useless attention seeking twat.

Hope he doesn't get a big game at end of season with us, God forbid a play off game.

He's a Championship referee. League 1 is too small for him.
  • Options
    Bowyer just bypassed him at the end (he was the same ref as Peterborough. Didn't even shake hands with him. Don't blame him. Hope he doesn't ref any play off games with us.