Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best designed thing you own?

The best thing I've ever owned in terms of design and durability has to be my throwaway Casio watches. They take you back to the 80s, are indestructible and cost next to nothing.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I have finally found a holy grail of pepper grinders after years of ones that were totally cack.
    Made by Peugeot, it works properly and keeps on working.

• Options
    A Panasonic video player I've had for about 25 years. Still works perfectly.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    My car is my hobby:

<"https://goo.gl/images/eFJNvz" />

Now 28 years old and still looks as good!
  • Options
    My Fisher Space Pen. It'll write in zero-g, at -30 degrees, underwater, but mainly just in the office.
  • Options

Missed It said:

My Fisher Space Pen. It'll write in zero-g, at -30 degrees, underwater, but mainly just in the office.

Apologies in advance but I read that as Fisher Price and envisaged a great big crayon.
    As you should apologise, that'd be a Crayola.
  • Options
    My trusty Beretta 301. Built in 1977, it cycles just as good (and better in some cases) as any new / nearly new semi auto I've ever shot or owned and it cost me all £150.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

I have finally found a holy grail of dildos on grinder after years of ones that were totally cack.
    Made by Peugeot, it works properly and keeps on working.

Good grief Seth, CL is a family forum!
    I don't know what you mean matron.
  • Options
    triggers broom
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Missed It said:

Apologies in advance but I read that as Fisher Price and envisaged a great big crayon.
    As you should apologise, that'd be a Crayola.
    You laugh and learn.....
  • Options
    Two Ralph Lauren long sleeve cotton shirts a colleague bought for me in New York in the early 90's. Such quality, nothing like the crap you get these days from outlet stores and the like. One pink and one lilac, still wear them today.
  • Options
    My Casio G-Shock i'm fairly sure is indestructible
  • Options

My Casio G-Shock i'm fairly sure is indestructible

Give it to Roland, he'll break it in no time.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Heard the story about how the Yanks spent millions on designing a pen that would write in space - the Russians just used pencils!!
  • Options
    iPod ... even the packaging is great
  • Options
    This...
    (the bike, not the lion...)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My wallet - never been out of my pocket.
  • Options
    My Hugo Boss suit... Lovely and light to wear
  • Options
    A number of my watches (they are my guilty pleasure) by a certain Swiss brand. Supremely engineered, faultless quality and classic timeless designs.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    My loft ladder. Simple and effective.

Now things get put away and retrieved when they should and not put off until I can be bothered to venture to the garage find the step ladder take upstairs and then do that in reverse.

Not exciting but does a job welll.
  • Options
    Cordless Dyson.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

A number of my watches (they are my guilty pleasure) by a certain Swiss brand. Supremely engineered, faultless quality and classic timeless designs.

I W C what you mean there ;)
  • Options
    Probably my car. I still haven't the faintest idea how it works over and above a steering wheel and pedals that you press with your feet.
  • Options

Cordless Dyson.

Can't beat em. A pleasure to Hoover with
  • Options

bobmunro said:

You can't beat a good Swatch.
    I love Swatch!