Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match thread: Accrington v Charlton | Sat 18 Aug 2018

Comments

• Options
    73' POST! Grant cuts in brilliantly from the left and fires against the left-hand upright from a tight angle.

#asfc 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    73' SUB | Mark Marshall replaces George Lapslie who receives a standing ovation from the travelling Addicks

#asfc 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Maybe we should score the third one first
  • Options
    ross1 said:

73' POST! Grant cuts in brilliantly from the left and fires against the left-hand upright from a tight angle.

#asfc 0 #cafc 1

Why can't we ever make it 2-0?

• Options
    Granted they have to stand in that old-school terrace, but they've appreciated the academy graduates efforts all the same.

#asfc 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    75' Good work from Phillips to tip away a dangerous Stanley cross.

#asfc 0 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

Pls don't sack Robbo yet. I am pissing myself with laughter.

Sack him after 23rd October after they get tonked 5-0 away with an Aribo hat-trick and KR going into melt-down in his post-match interview over finding the next Dele Ali
  • Options
    ross1 said:

73' SUB | Mark Marshall replaces George Lapslie who receives a standing ovation from the travelling Addicks

#asfc 0 #cafc 1

Gone four at the back?
  • Options
    Accrington Stanley

Verified account

@ASFCofficial
    55s55 seconds ago
    More
    75' CLOSE! @RossySykes picks out Clark with a great ball, the winger races down the left shoots from an angle. Phillips dives to his left to give Stanley a corner. 0-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm starting to get nervous now
  • Options

How is Solly doing as a Wing Back?

Appears to be doing better since his recovery from injury and now under Bowyer, yet RWB seems to be a new role for him

Not well. Keeps getting caught drifting inside and upfield too often. Every threatening Accrington attack has been down their left. Solly needs some cover in front of or with him out there.
    Wonder if Bielik has the legs to last 90mins or whether we'll see Solly dropping back with Lapslie going over to RWB and Morgan coming on
    Bielik looks solid. It's not him I'd worry about.
    I'm not at all convinced that Solly has the legs for wingback at this stage of his career. I don't think it's a coincidence that he looked better in the first couple games as part of a back three where he has significantly less running to do.
  • Options
    Accrington Stanley

Verified account

@ASFCofficial
    49s49 seconds ago
    More
    76' The corner is taken on the far side, but Charlton's defence are able to get the ball clear. 0-1
  • Options
    Good commentary today. Drama less which I like.
  • Options
    77' McConville with a tame effort wide of the post for the hosts.

#asfc 0 #cafc 1
  • Options

Lewis Page is one hugely improved performer of late.

Signing him maybe one of the best things Jimmy Tarbuck did for us.

Would put JFC, Clarke, and Fosu up there. For all of his faults, most of Robinson's permanent signings were very good business.
  • Options
    78' Goal Stanley.

#asfc 1 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Poo
  • Options
    Great save from Phillips but they get the rebound. It's been coming for an hour that. We've been awful today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    78' Phillips kept out an initial effort brilliantly, but there was nothing he could do about Clark's rebound from close range and the home side are now level.

#asfc 1 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Oh well.
  • Options
    Felt like it was coming. Third time this season we've gone ahead only to let them equalize.
  • Options
    Time to go and do ir again Karlan!!
  • Options
    Bugger !
  • Options
    ross1 said:

If we don't get another goal, we all know what will happen

This....
  • Options
    80' Bielik booked.

#asfc 1 #cafc 1
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    We get a goal then tend to wait for the opponents to come back. How many times does it happen?
  • Options
    Oh dear... groundhog day again?
  • Options
    Fik
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!