Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Krystian Bielik - tracking progress at Derby (p9 out with ACL again)

Comments

• Options
    Was glad he got a good reception on Saturday. 

Watched him after the game hugging and talking to a few of the players after the final whistle. I wonder if he wishes he was still here. 
    A massive difference in pressure between coming on loan to us in the 3rd tier, and being signed by Derby for £10m though! 
  • Options

Watched him after the game hugging and talking to a few of the players after the final whistle. I wonder if he wishes he was still here. 
    Given the fact he's probably being paid a lot more at Derby than what we could ever offer here... probably not.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    It's a sign of Bowyer's tactical nous that we made him look very ordinary on Saturday, I liked the way we pressed him hard when in possession and there was one moment in particular when Pratley came all the way out of defence to press him and win the ball in a dangerous position, as one flaw he had in his game with us was getting caught in possession trying to bring the ball out of defence
    I imagine we'll see similar when we play Preston - Bowyer will remember Bauer's faults so will target them

Its no different to our struggles against Oxford with Robinson in charge of them; he still knew a lot of the squad and how Bowyer thinks so was able to setup his own team to focus on our problems
  • Options

Given the fact he's probably being paid a lot more at Derby than what we could ever offer here... probably not.
    You are almost certainly right, but I always got the impression with him it was always more about the football than the money. In his post play off interviews, he was so excited at the end of last season and seemingly very keen to come back, that I do wonder if a bit of him wishes he had been able to. That didn’t look like a happy team we played against on Saturday.

i do wonder if we’ll see him again in a red shirt one day.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    It's a sign of Bowyer's tactical nous that we made him look very ordinary on Saturday, I liked the way we pressed him hard when in possession and there was one moment in particular when Pratley came all the way out of defence to press him and win the ball in a dangerous position, as one flaw he had in his game with us was getting caught in possession trying to bring the ball out of defence
    I suspect this was one of the “traps” Lee referred to. Let Bielik free in midfield then swarm him when he got the ball.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Gallagher will eclipse them both.
    Genuinely believe in this statement from August and stand by it.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    If he was playing for us now, I don't doubt he would be playing as well as the rest of our lads. He is a top player. Maybe there is more pressure on him given the price tag. I know there are loads of bigger ones, but £10m for a Championship club, you may feel some expectation. 

I also agree what you say about Gallagher, he has ability but he has something else too. It is a Bowyeresque ability to compete in realtion to the uglier side of the game. I don't see that in Mount at all, excellent player that he is. If I was a Chelsea fan I would be quite excited, except I imagine most of them will have no idea what a talent they have. Anyway, he is best developing as he is with us and I'm sure Lampard will get that.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    RC_CAFC said:

You are almost certainly right, but I always got the impression with him it was always more about the football than the money. In his post play off interviews, he was so excited at the end of last season and seemingly very keen to come back, that I do wonder if a bit of him wishes he had been able to. That didn’t look like a happy team we played against on Saturday.

Bielik wanted to come back and if he were to have been loaned out, it would’ve been to us. Instead Arsenal decided to cash in and left us with no chance.

If he ever was to play for us again, we’d either be in the Premier League, or he’d have dropped down back to the Championship because with the right time and coaching, he’ll make it.

Such a down to earth, genuine young man too. He bought into the club and the direction last season. Was outstanding for us throughout. Will always be remembered for what he done, and I wish him all the best in the future. I think a part of him wishes he was still here, that’s for sure.
    Where’s the grammar police 🚨 when you need them?
  • Options
    If he was playing for us now, I don't doubt he would be playing as well as the rest of our lads. He is a top player. Maybe there is more pressure on him given the price tag. I know there are loads of bigger ones, but £10m for a Championship club, you may feel some expectation. 

I also agree what you say about Gallagher, he has ability but he has something else too. It is a Bowyeresque ability to compete in realtion to the uglier side of the game. I don't see that in Mount at all, excellent player that he is. If I was a Chelsea fan I would be quite excited, except I imagine most of them will have no idea what a talent they have. Anyway, he is best developing as he is with us and I'm sure Lampard will get that.
    Chelsea fans I work with already want him back, told them no. Really, it's a win-win for them as he's probably developing far better here under Bowyer than he would struggling to get in the side at Chelsea
  • Options
    Would be a big mistake for them to take him back this season. It would be the equivalent of cashing in too early. He is going from strength to strength with us and I could see him starting for them next season if he continues to improve at this rate. I'm sure Lampard gets that, even if some of their fans are too dumb to.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

Chelsea fans I work with already want him back, told them no. Really, it's a win-win for them as he's probably developing far better here under Bowyer than he would struggling to get in the side at Chelsea
    Yeah, you tell em!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    RC_CAFC said:

Bielik wanted to come back and if he were to have been loaned out, it would’ve been to us. Instead Arsenal decided to cash in and left us with no chance.

If he ever was to play for us again, we’d either be in the Premier League, or he’d have dropped down back to the Championship because with the right time and coaching, he’ll make it.

Such a down to earth, genuine young man too. He bought into the club and the direction last season. Was outstanding for us throughout. Will always be remembered for what he done, and I wish him all the best in the future. I think a part of him wishes he was still here, that’s for sure.
    What grammatical error? :wink:
  • Options
    It looks like he's out long term with a bad knee injury, stretchered off playing for the U23s
  • Options
    It looks like he's out long term with a bad knee injury, stretchered off playing for the U23s
    His time with us obviously did rub off on him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Good news for us.

Unlucky Krystian
  • Options

Not when he checks his pay packet.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    RC_CAFC said:

What grammatical error? :wink:
    Not sure whether you mean:

What, grammatical error?

or:

Which grammatical error? 😰
  • Options
    Good news for us.

Unlucky Krystian.    Why?
  • Options
    Confirmed as out for the season
  • Options
    Taken off on a stretcher today with what sounds like another nasty knee injury 

• Options
    FFS!! - Gutted for him
  • Options
    ☹️