Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

First cricket, now rugger

Comments

• Just high spirits...
  • What a wally after all that efffort to get picked again.

International career over
  • I expect he got confused. As I understand it, you can assault players in a game of rugby as long as you shake hands at the end, get hammered and sing bawdy songs in the bar.
  • “common assault, larceny, assault on police, resisting arrest and being disorderly on licensed premises” - pretty good going to be fair!
  • Cipriani has always had a self destructive tendency sadly.

A shame because he is a talented player when fit and focused.

Now he is the wrong side of 30 you have to think that's it now at international level if he is found guilty.
  • Larceny lol.
  • There's a certain smugness in some sports which look down on the grubby world of football and footballers...
  • He's always been a knob.
  • Larceny lol.

• Sponsored links:

• I expect he got confused. As I understand it, you can assault players in a game of rugby as long as you shake hands at the end, get hammered and sing bawdy songs in the bar.

Correct Thai. And it’s such a better sport played by real men. As opposed to football that’s a game for tarts and divers. Not a fan of the way a lot of the rugby types I know think they’re real men compared to those who follow/play football
  • cabbles said:

I expect he got confused. As I understand it, you can assault players in a game of rugby as long as you shake hands at the end, get hammered and sing bawdy songs in the bar.

Correct Thai. And it’s such a better sport played by real men. As opposed to football that’s a game for tarts and divers. Not a fan of the way a lot of the rugby types I know think they’re real men compared to those who follow/play football
    Rugby snobs are generally inbred gobshites with small willies, who deserve appropriate levels of abuse when they spout their inane dribble.
  • cabbles said:

I expect he got confused. As I understand it, you can assault players in a game of rugby as long as you shake hands at the end, get hammered and sing bawdy songs in the bar.

Rugby snobs are generally inbred gobshites with small willies, who deserve appropriate levels of abuse when they spout their inane dribble.
    This is true 100%. FACT. Especially the bit about small willies. Some of them are even Scottish.
  • cabbles said:

Rugby union is what football would become if you removed the excitement and replaced it with snobbery
  • cabbles said:

I resent that remark. I played rugby to a high level and I'm not an inbred gobshite.
  • Rugby is a great game as is football. Cipriani has wasted his talent, such a shame, it happens in all sports, guess he just can’t help himself.
  • Reflecting on the recent travails of Ben Stokes and now Danny Cipriani, I am always drawn back to Dickie Bird’s auto-biography, when he recollected about his first trip to London with Yorkshire to play Middlesex in 1956.

He had barely left Yorkshire before this point, and was understandably nervous about visiting the ‘big smoke’, so asked his Dad for some advice on how to behave in one of the world’s biggest cities.

“Stay off the booze, don’t smoke, steer clear of women in nightclubs and be in bed my midnight – nothing good ever happens after midnight”.

You can’t help feeling that over sixty years later, our modern day sports stars would do well to follow Dickies Dad’s words of wisdom!
  • I imagine the police provoked him. Hopefully common sense will prevail and they apologise.
  • cabbles said:

Have we met?
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't know much about rugby so had to Google him. He used to shag Kelly Brook. Lucky bastard!!
  • They always got tattoos haven't they. Do they put something in the dye?
  • Actually yes, they do. The list of ingredients is horrendous. This from wiki:

Manufacturers are not required to reveal their ingredients or conduct trials, and recipes may be proprietary. Professional inks may be made from iron oxides (rust), metal salts, or plastics. Homemade or traditional tattoo inks may be made from pen ink, soot, dirt, blood, or other ingredients.

Heavy metals used for colors include mercury (red); lead (yellow, green, white); cadmium (red, orange, yellow); nickel (black); zinc (yellow, white); chromium (green); cobalt (blue); aluminium (green, violet); titanium (white); copper (blue, green); iron (brown, red, black); and barium (white). Metal oxides used include ferrocyanide and ferricyanide (yellow, red, green, blue). Organic chemicals used include azo-chemicals (orange, brown, yellow, green, violet) and naptha-derived chemicals (red). Carbon (soot or ash) is also used for black. Other elements used as pigments include antimony, arsenic, beryllium, calcium, lithium, selenium, and sulphur.

Tattoo ink manufacturers typically blend the heavy metal pigments and/or use lightening agents (such as lead or titanium) to reduce production costs.

• edited August 2018

I don't know much about rugby so had to Google him. He used to shag Kelly Brook. Lucky bastard!!

That has been the highlight of his career.

Danny boy is a real danger when he drinks:
    In Leeds he ran across the road in front of a bus; the bus won, and Cipriani spent time in hospital with a busted body.

He goes one step forward, then two steps backward in his rugby career, similar to the incident with the bus.
  • The drink obviously doesnt react well with him. What a waste of a talent.

Famous for his off field activities more so. Larceny - non violent theft. Was that for nicking a glass?

• I don't follow Rugby too closely, but I think Cipriani has always been a bit too Rock n'Roll for the powers that be. If this latest thing is true, he's displayed a quite brilliant sense of timing considering he's just got back in the England team.
  • Curb_It said:

The drink obviously doesnt react well with him. What a waste of a talent.

Famous for his off field activities more so. Larceny - non violent theft. Was that for nicking a glass?

Bottles of vodka apparently
  • I like football AND rugby, is my dick small, large or just an average 12 incher!?
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-jersey-45206046

Cipriani fined £2000 for assault, the other charges dropped

An interesting contrast with the Stokes case which took 10 months to go to court
  • Cipriani has previous .. seems he just can't hold his booze .. Danny .. give it up, you're too old now to be wrestling on the floor with old bill after a few sherberts