Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Description of the last goal you scored in an 11-a-side game and the year you scored it

For me:

April 1982 - Nice throughball put me one on one with the keeper, but it was on my naff right foot. I mishit it badly. It ricocheted off the keepers legs for me to tuck away into an unguarded net with my left foot.

After that, it was the goals I scored in the garden against my kids

Comments

• Options
    About 1984, playing right back. Attacking corner half cleared to me moving forwards, badly controlled, I got to it just before a defender and beat him to the left, then just larupped it from 25 yards with my wrong foot (left) and it went through the crowd of players still up for the corner, beating the unsighted keeper, into the bottom corner.
  • Options
    2012, during games at school. An absolute pearler to be fair: cross came in from the right, was headed out to me, I took one touch and volleyed it complete and utter top bins from about 22 yards out.

Then I tore an ACL and haven't played 11 a side since. Ah well.
  • Options
    last season (April 2018), 44 next month, still playing vets and had my best ever scoring season, 17 goals from midfield (occasional left back/centre half)

scored some half decent ones as well, however the last one was a simple far post 'tap in' header.
  • Options
    1993, ball get's won in 50/50 challenge on the wing by our left back who hits a first time cross. Ball just too high for last defender to get head on it, with me just behind him. Hit cushioned volley with the inside of right foot, lobbed the keeper. Get in!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Late 2014. I come out of goal for the last ten and play striker. Long ball, other keeper comes out and tries to Neuer it, misses completely, I dribble it to the goal-line, turn around and backheel it in, whereupon full-time is declared. The guy who runs the match admits that he wanted to call full-time before I put it in, and that had he known how I was going to do it, he certainly would have done
  • Options
    July 2018 - got a bullet header on a corner 8 yards out from the back post. Unstoppable man
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

2012, during games at school. An absolute pearler to be fair: cross came in from the right, was headed out to me, I took one touch and volleyed it complete and utter top bins from about 22 yards out.

Then I tore an ACL and haven't played 11 a side since. Ah well.

Glad you mentioned that, can we have a separate thread for injuries that ended your 11 a side career? then I can mention the game on my honeymoon :-)

• Options
    Riviera said:

At school around 1978, I was standing in the centre circle and the keeper booted it in my direction. I instinctively hit it straight back towards him on the volley with remarkably clean contact. He was helpless as it went over his head and into the goal on the full.
    We lost that game 1-0.....

If this is true we can close the thread here
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2005, Garrison ground Gillingham

Went up for a corner, shit delivery of said corner doesn't clear first man, skims back to corner taker who flips in a diamond of a cross that just goes over the keepers hands and lands on my head which plants the ball to the side of the man on the post not really paying attention

• Options
    July.
    Left wing, aiming for a great mate charging up the middle.
    Strongest part of my game is spraying of Waddle-esque passes and crosses (but increasingly waddle-style 'runs'). Confidently deliver what I'm sure will be a pin-point cross for mate to nod home.
    Ball somehow gets stuck between my left foot and some kind of baked island on the pitch.
    Result; ball swerves madly into top left corner. Couldn't even hope to claim it as intentional.
    Apologise slightly more to their gk than to my exasperated mate.
  • Options
    Completely scuffed a clearance for a corner. Clipped my mates arse as it headed in for an OG.
    He wouldn't claim it though, as amazingly it was on target when it left my boot!

• Options
    edited August 2018
    I can tell you plenty I've missed!

Last one I scored was earlier this year from a quick pass inside from the left winger and I made a surging, Lampard-esque run onto it to sweep it into the bottom left with my left foot (I'm right footed) - I was the most surprised person on the pitch!
  • Options
    Saturday, got the ball on the outside of the box on the break with a defender in front of me... heavy first touch but defender stood off, went to wrap my foot around it for a Lisbie vs Liverpool finish (bent around the defender) and scuffed it, stretching because of said crap touch... but fooled everyone inc. the keeper who watched it pea-roll into the intended corner. Pretty horrible.
  • Options
    2007 corner came in and beat everyone, they had no one on the back post. I came through a pack of players to meet the ball smashed it in from so close in my foot followed through and i kicked the post, broken big toe for the privilege, haven't played 11 a side game since.....
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    My last goal was 21 years ago and somewhat spectacular!

Picked the ball up in midfield and drifted to the left of the area - cut back inside and gave the keeper the eyes to send it far right then smashed in at the near post. No, I didn't miss-hit it!

Within 5 minutes I had broken my leg and that was nature's way of telling a 40 year old to hang up his boots.
  • Options
    1993. Ball came to me on edge of the box my left foot (normally my standing one). Cross/shot with a surprisingly decent contact as i hit it i slipped, bottom half of right leg stayed planted in the ground, top half of leg went with bodily momentum.

Manged to look up from prone position with knee cap somewhere on the wrong side of the leg to see ball bounce off the post and in. 18 months on crutches, telling everyone how my Roberto Carlos-esq finish did for me.
  • Options
    2012 cup quarters against Trimpell, horrible squally wet day, playing in the middle at the back, 5 to go, long punt from their defence bounced between two of their forwards, both watching it and neither going for it so ran in between them and half volleyed it back where it came from. Wind caught it and it flew into top corner from about 60 yards. Took game to extra time which was the last thing I needed. We won on pens. Made it through to the final at the Globe Arena where we were destroyed.
  • Options
    2011 I think. Scuffed a free kick, it took about 4 deflections and then the keeper fumbled it in. Complete fluke.

I've scored a lot better!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Laid the ball wide, carried on the run into the box. Far post cross and I stretched to knock it in from a tight angle and proceeded to blow out my arse and not leave centre circle for last 30 mins. About 6 weeks ago.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Last "domestic" goal - 1996. Old Greenfordians FC - Tight angle, well struck, keeper went down too early and it went in the roof of the net.

Last goal - 2003 - Dynamo Wijndaal (Belgium) v Old Greenfordians FC - Near post header, in-swinging right wing free-kick, got across marker beyond near post, big running leap, beat the keeper who came to punch, glancing header flew into far side netting. 2nd best goal I ever scored (only scored about 20). Put a 6 inch tear in my right hamstring 5 mins later and have never been fit since.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Last "domestic" goal - 1996. Old Greenfordians FC - Tight angle, well struck, keeper went down too early and it went in the roof of the net.

Last goal - 2003 - Dynamo Wijndaal (Belgium) v Old Greenfordians FC - Near post header, in-swinging right wing free-kick, got across marker beyond near post, big running leap, beat the keeper who came to punch, glancing header flew into far side netting. 2nd best goal I ever scored (only scored about 20). Put a 6 inch tear in my right hamstring 5 mins later and have never been fit since.

I think my only goal on foreign soil was in Belgium. A well struck shot somewhere near Ostend in the first minute. Result: 1-6 loss.
  • Options
    2010 at a guess...Evening pre season friendly. Didn't make KO due to work, was brought on as a sub with about 20mins of second half left. Scored two pretty quickly, third I picked the ball up on the break on our right wing. Just ran diagonally across the pitch beating about four of their men on the way. Ball took a bobble just as I was about to unleash so had to run on further, made it just before their fullback. Instead of letting rip with my weaker left, I lost balance, caught the ball on the up with my toe and watched it loop up into the far corner over the keeper. Ball flight was just like Claus against Arsenal (with none of the composure) but on the other side of the pitch. Ending up falling through their fullback, hamstring went. Came off injured, not played since.

Everyone there thought it was an absolute beauty of a goal, of course I told them I meant it.

I didn't.
  • Options
    edited August 2018

(I'm really more of a holding player)
  • Options
    Probably about April 1978 for our first team. I had played most of that season in the reserves who already won one cup, finished runners up in the league and I was dropped for the second cup final 'upwards' to the first team, if that makes sense, to make way for a lad who had been on Derby County's books as a youngster.

I went up for a corner, edge of the 18 yard box and as the ball came through a crowded goalmouth I caught it as sweet as a nut and buried it the onion bag. I turned to the Reserve Team Manager on the touchline who had dropped me, saluted him with a victory sign and said not bad for a third team player eh! We went on to win that game and relegate the opposition.

Needless to say the reserves won the second cup final that same afternoon without me so the manager felt his decision was justified but I felt that I had had the last laugh.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Not my last, but best remembered. 1996. I had already intercepted a back pass and slotted past the keeper, then flicked one in from a corner at the near post similar to Karlan’s when another sloppy back pass gave the chance to complete a hatrick for the second week running. I beat the keeper but a covering full back slid in to clear a yard out. From the resulting corner I took up the near post flick position again only to be double marked. Last minute I peeled off to the edge of the six yard box, was picked out, and from a standing position powered one of the strongest headers I’ve ever hit into the net and got the full ‘ripple’. It was a cup game and we lost 5-4....
  • Options
    1988 diving header at that old sports ground along the Sidcup bypass. My second goal of the game and managed to cut my hand open on some broken glass buried in the mud. We won 3-0 my last ever 11 a side game against a side from Leeds.
  • Options
    Pre season friendly for my sunday team. Put clean through on left side of box, rounded keeper with left foot and slotted in from tight angle with left again. Done my cruciate two weeks later while training and only ever played with kids since. Still miss it though, and it's been 10 years.
  • Options
    2 nil down with a couple for minutes to go in a cup game. We get a pen and score to make it 2-1 with very little time left. From the centre as I standing in the left winger position and ran diagonally across the pitch towards their left back to intersect his back pass to the keeper (time wasting) which I hit first time on my right foot (normally for standing on) into the top corner. I was the only member of our team in their half and the other team then telling the ref that I haven't gone back into my own half after the pen. He had seen my run and allowed the goal. Beat them in the replay, a few weeks later, they were still staying I stayed in their half.