Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD deliver 100 bottles of water to Sparrows Lane

Comments

• Options
    Terrific stuff - well done to all involved.
  • Options
    Just wondering whether it might be an option to bring a water bottle to the game on Saturday and leave it in the car park outside the management suite. Maybe people could also fetch in their old torches and leave those as well, to pass on to the youth team to keep the changing room lit.

How about a pocket full of cornflakes etc and discreetly drop it out of their pocket whilst in the ground. A clean up would cost tightarse some of his fortune.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Great idea and should be very embarrassing to that tight . Surely if this gets to the media it's a far better concept and cheaper than going to Belgium and ha ding out flyers

Well done to all.involved
  • Options
    Brilliant. The branding on the bottle really made me laugh. It doesn't matter whether you think protesting or boycotting or whatever don't help the team, refusing to give academy players breakfast and bottled water is just unnecessary meanness and demeans our status as a supportive family club, and will inevitably reduce our chances of recruiting and keeping talented young players.

Plus no doubt it'll still wind up the mouth breathers on the forum we don't talk about so win-win.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Surely if this gets to the media it's a far better concept and cheaper than going to Belgium and ha ding out flyers

He needs embarrassing in Belgium now.

Thinking caps on.

• Options

Well done CARD.
    Where do I make my next donation to the water fund/breakfast club?

Cue CARD producing an advertising campaign “your donation of just £2 per month could provide water for these children who find themselves in these appalling conditions”.
    Come on @Nug, you know you want to!

It's been a while since we had a CARD video ...
  • Options
    Great idea that exposes ridiculous cost cutting!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

shine166 said:

Surely if this gets to the media it's a far better concept and cheaper than going to Belgium and ha ding out flyers

Thinking caps on.

Good point about embarrassing Roland in Belgium. I wonder if anyone already has this in mind?

Roland Out Today!
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

Oggy Red said:

shine166 said:

Thinking caps on.

Good point about embarrassing Roland in Belgium. I wonder if anyone already has this in mind?

Roland Out Today!
    Perhaps just as well to surprise him. And not discuss it on here?

• Options
    Bring loads of bottles of this on Saturday and fans can buy them. And then leave them in strategic places

I can’t believe they cost more than a pound each so if you sell them for a pound anything left over goes in the card fund

Everyone’s a winner and we all stay alive
  • Options
    Well done CARD great work
  • Options
    Gets my seal of approval but has the water been passed by the management?
  • Options

Just wondering whether it might be an option to bring a water bottle to the game on Saturday and leave it in the car park outside the management suite. Maybe people could also fetch in their old torches and leave those as well, to pass on to the youth team to keep the changing room lit.

How about a pocket full of cornflakes etc and discreetly drop it out of their pocket whilst in the ground. A clean up would cost tightarse some of his fortune.

Love this idea, all bring a box of cereal and bottles of water and leave outside the reception for the Acadamy players.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Bring loads of bottles of this on Saturday and fans can buy them. And then leave them in strategic places

I can’t believe they cost more than a pound each so if you sell them for a pound anything left over goes in the card fund

Everyone’s a winner and we all stay alive

take the tops off, drink contents, go down front, lob on the pitch.
  • Options

Order 1000 to be delivered to his house

yep, likely to be more effective imo

Over about 20 deliveries lol

Order 1000 to be delivered to his house

Filled with "yellow" water?
    Yeah, was gonna say piss in a couple, so he can't drink any
  • Options
    Did anyone carrying out this brilliant stunt think of filming it and putting it on social media ?
  • Options

Did anyone carrying out this brilliant stunt think of filming it and putting it on social media ?

No
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good work CARD, Another clever and imaginative PR event that hopefully will gain a wider coverage
  • Options
    edited August 2018

Perfect timing on deadline day too. Well done CARD.

great idea and well done, however I disagree with regards to the timing.

I think it will get lost amongst all the transfer tweets etc and general football news that goes on today. Would've had more of an impact on another day in my opinion.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    “The club looked at the spend on plastic water bottles as part of a current cost analysis process.

“The decision was made that given the high wastage and the environmental impact of plastic bottles the club would be better served providing water in other ways. “The club provides fresh water at the training ground, the first team have individual refillable bottles and the U23s and U18s are also provided with refillable bottles.

“The solution has saved costs, reduced wastage and has environmental benefits.

“This is not the only way the club are saving money by becoming more environmentally friendly. In June, the club’s electricity consumption was cut by 11% and in July by 29%.

“The water sent to the training ground won’t be wasted and the plastic bottles the water came in will be recycled.”
  • Options
    Well done CARD !!
  • Options
    man, you lot at CARD would be such an asset for any new owners. just for the marketing ideas if nothing else.