Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celtic Champions Already??

Comments

• Options
    supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Ross County
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Just turned on Sky Sports and they are reporting fans outside protesting, with a helicopter over the stadium.  Seemingly press interviews are being shortened as well.
    Lennon has ONLY won nine titles in a row, and 38? consecutive cup matches.
    They have passion up there, to be admired given the dross and predictable results they see.  They ought to spend a season watching a team down here.
    I will add that I do like Celtic and have had a couple of cracking trips up there over the years.
    9 titles and 38 cup matches(not including European competitions) against teams massively inferior to them lol.

Hardly a big achievement is it, just look how they have got in in Europe lost 4-1 twice to Sparta Prague(thats there only 2 wins in their last 6 games before this weekend) then you look at getting knocmed out of the Champions League to Ferencvaros, its alright beatinf St Mirren in the league and Cup but when u cant beat Ferencvaros u need to look at yourself 
    Of course they were inferior. That's what winning the league means, you're the best team and the others aren't as good so they are "inferior"

Good to see you're interested in Celtic again @paulie8290 as you were saying how you had no interest at all when they were winning.  What's changed? 😂
    Difference is when do I tag u in anything.

I dont post to try and get a rise from you, i post as and when I feel like it to get what I want to say out there.

You on the other hand feel the need to tag certain people all the time, like u tagged me in this, obviously living in your head rent free 
    Whooooooooosh

Sing when you're winning, you only sing when you're winning. 😂
    RENT FREE
    Rent free

Saying it in capitals doesn't make it any more lame.

You cried about Celtic results meaning nothing to you when they were winning, now you want to gloat but that's not how it works.

Ive given it out so now I get it back, fair enough but not from you.

Go on, say "rent free" again cos you read that on the internet and you think it means something.

😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Seems the Celtic followers on this thread, who have been winding up the Ranger followers on this thread since it started are now starting to get awfully defensive when the tables are turned.
    Just turned on Sky Sports and they are reporting fans outside protesting, with a helicopter over the stadium.  Seemingly press interviews are being shortened as well.
    They have passion up there, to be admired given the dross and predictable results they see.  They ought to spend a season watching a team down here.
    I will add that I do like Celtic and have had a couple of cracking trips up there over the years.
    9 titles and 38 cup matches(not including European competitions) against teams massively inferior to them lol.

Hardly a big achievement is it, just look how they have got in in Europe lost 4-1 twice to Sparta Prague(thats there only 2 wins in their last 6 games before this weekend) then you look at getting knocmed out of the Champions League to Ferencvaros, its alright beatinf St Mirren in the league and Cup but when u cant beat Ferencvaros u need to look at yourself 
    Of course they were inferior. That's what winning the league means, you're the best team and the others aren't as good so they are "inferior"

Good to see you're interested in Celtic again @paulie8290 as you were saying how you had no interest at all when they were winning.  What's changed? 😂
    Difference is when do I tag u in anything.

I dont post to try and get a rise from you, i post as and when I feel like it to get what I want to say out there.

You on the other hand feel the need to tag certain people all the time, like u tagged me in this, obviously living in your head rent free 
    Whooooooooosh

Sing when you're winning, you only sing when you're winning. 😂
    I think you'll find that most responses are to Celtic being knocked out of the Scottish League Cup at home to lowly Ross County.

Four home defeats on the trot and Milan up next.
    It's a terrible, unacceptable run.

Lennon isn't up to it and has to go, been saying it from when Rogers left.

Thankfully, Rangers and the rest were "inferior" to Celtic even when Lennon managed Rogers team.
  • Options
    IPS Law employees trying to stop Sandgaard repossessing the Range Rovers.

• Options
    He's undone everything Brendan Rodgers did there in about 18 months.
    Indeed, as soon as the Rogers team and impact faded, as it had to, Lennon was shown to be not up to it as many predicted.

Long hard rebuild now needed that should have started 18 months ago and much harder to get a top notch manager to do it.

But football is cyclical, we've had nearly a decade on top now Rangers win the league for the first time ever and on merit.
    Tut tut tut 
  • Options
    Another 4 goals conceded, guaranteed to finish bottom of the group and have conceded more goals than any other side in the group stage.

Keep up the good work Neil.
  • Options
    Another 4 goals conceded, guaranteed to finish bottom of the group and have conceded more goals than any other side in the group stage.

Keep up the good work Neil.
    They were 0-2 up as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When was the last time that Celtic had a season as bad as this one? They've lost 7 games already and only won 2 of their last 11. By comparison, Rangers, under Gerrard, have won 20 and drawn 4 this season and that includes winning 7 times in Europe. Celtic have also conceded more goals in their last 4 games than Rangers have all season!

The most remarkable thing about those stats is how is Lennon still in a job? They're out of Europe and the League Cup and won't win the League.

It's going to be a painful last half to the season for Celtic fans.

• Options
    I really wish that someone would break the Old Firm dominance in the way Fergie did with Aberdeen in the early 80's. 

I had hoped that another club would  challenge Celtic during Rangers exile from the SPL. It never happened.

The nine in a row won by Jock Stein in the 60's and 70's was a major achievement. It is a shame that it was equalled under these circumstances as pre Gerrard there was no meaningful competition. 
  • Options
    When was the last time that Celtic had a season as bad as this one? They've lost 7 games already and only won 2 of their last 11. By comparison, Rangers, under Gerrard, have won 20 and drawn 4 this season and that includes winning 7 times in Europe. Celtic have also conceded more goals in their last 4 games than Rangers have all season!

The most remarkable thing about those stats is how is Lennon still in a job? They're out of Europe and the League Cup and won't win the League.

Do not count any chickens until they have hatched wrapped in a Union Jack & singing God Save the Queen!
  • Options

I'm amazed, especially when their arch enemies have qualified for the knockout stage with a game to go, which really rubs it in

Rangers 5 games 11 points
    Celtic 5 games 1 point

• Options
    Richard J said:
    I really wish that someone would break the Old Firm dominance in the way Fergie did with Aberdeen in the early 80's. 

I had hoped that another club would  challenge Celtic during Rangers exile from the SPL. It never happened.

The nine in a row won by Jock Stein in the 60's and 70's was a major achievement. It is a shame that it was equalled under these circumstances as pre Gerrard there was no meaningful competition. 
    Rangers also did 9 in a row 1989-1997
  • Options
    The Scottish Premier League is a bit of a joke - the whinging Celtic fans just about sum it up. They've been winning the league for years with virtually no competition and now Rangers have improved they've gone into meltdown.

• Options
    edited December 2020
    DA9 said:
    Richard J said:

Sorry wasn't that achieved by financial irregularities?

Before you ask I do not support Celtic. My Scottish team is Raith Rovers. 

That said, I am a big fan of the Protestant Jock Stein's achievement in sectarian Scotland  when he took over a failing team in the 60's and turned it around to become European Champions before Busby's Man Utd. 

His achievement of nine in a row was even more impressive because Rangers themselves were a good team in this period and won European Competitions unlike the Souness Rangers nine in a row when Celtic were crap and Rangers brought the title which led to the situation we have endured for the last ten years. 

I actually hope Rangers win the title this year because I like decent competition and hate the dominance that both Rangers had in the 80's and the current day Celtic have in contrast to Stein's footballing achievement.

I really believe along with Busby and Shankley, Stein is iconic. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:n
    DA9 said:
    Richard J said:

That said, I am a big fan of the Protestant Jock Stein's achievement in sectarian Scotland  when he took over a failing team in the 60's and turned it around to become European Champions before Busby's Man Utd. 

His achievement of nine in a row was even more impressive because Rangers themselves were a good team in this period and won European Competitions unlike the Souness Rangers nine in a row when Celtic were crap and Rangers brought the title which led to the situation we have endured for the last ten years. 

I actually hope Rangers win the title this year because I like decent competition and hate the dominance that both Rangers had in the 80's and the current day Celtic have in contrast to Stein's footballing achievement.

BJK

That is all 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    DA9 said:
    Richard J said:

No, the alleged illegal use of EBT’s (at the time) was for the period of 2001-2010

Later found to not have been illegal, but like any other tax management scheme, you either sit on the “fair enough” or the “immoral” fence
    Just ask Jimmy Carr, Gary Barlow etc etc, 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/use-of-ebts-was-not-illegal-but-it-finally-broke-rangers-hkngr7xfc
  • Options

Under Brendan Rodgers, Celtic lost just 26 games out of 169 (just 8 league defeats in 103). He won every single domestic trophy available whilst he was there, and would've won more at the end of that last season had he not left for Leicester, inflicted Rangers heaviest defeat at Ibrox for over 100 years, went an entire domestic season unbeaten, and eventually a British record 69 games unbeaten.
    In their entire history Celtic have won 6 trebles, 3 were down to Rodgers.

Since Lennon went back although they've won trophies under him (largely down to still having Rodgers' team) he's pretty much destroyed Rodgers' work in about 18 months. Added to that, Rangers have improved dramatically so it's not going to be a good season for them.

As you say, it's pretty incredible he's still there. He should've gone after the second Sparta Prague hammering, but how he's still there after the Ross County defeat is beyond anyone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    Now losing (edit drawing) at home to the mighty St Johnstone. The gift that keeps on giving.
  • Options
    Surely that is the end of Lennon?

In the name of God, Go
  • Options
    Excellent result, however I think the fun and games at Lennon’s expense will end now and they may even have someone competent in charge by the next match. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Think this thread title needs to be changed. Rangers Champions Already??? 
  • Options
    Think this thread title needs to be changed. Rangers Champions Already??? 
    Nope, like I said;

se9addick said:

Do not count any chickens until they have hatched wrapped in a Union Jack & singing God Save the Queen!

• Options
    2 wins in 12 games, conceding 28 goals.

Honestly can't remember Celtic going on a worse run in my lifetime.
  • Options
    Surely that is the end of Lennon?

In the name of God, Go
    The 8th Dec is not the date to give Lennon the bullet.