Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who knew, that there is an Independent Football Ombudsman?

Comments

• Options
    No
    No
    N/a
  • Options
    No
    No
    N/A
  • Options
    No, no & no!
  • Options
    No
    No
    N/A
  • Options
    It’s like being stuck in a 2unlimited record being on this thread
  • Options
    No, No and No.
    I did however speak to somebody at the EFL to ask if there was any info' they were able to give in relation to the takeover but they were so non committal that it was a waste of effort. Even when asked about integrity of competition (League 1) due to our lack of CEO, CFO and permanent manager with a current owner (who they passed as "fit and proper") who is asset stripping by selling players at less than expected value the answer was "we cannot comment on individual clubs".
    Roland Out !!!
  • Options

No to all 3.

So what's this person doing ??? sitting around waiting for fans (who don't know he/her exists) to contact them or avidly trying to police things....

my guess is the former. Nice office, desk & chair & on £100k pa.

Never change Golfie. Although you are probably right on this one
  • Options
    No
    No
    n/a
  • Options
    No no no
    (You don't love me yes I know now)
  • Options
    No No No
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:

I Googled football ombudsman. Here you go:

https://www.theifo.co.uk

Sure but I wantted to find out how many knew of him without Googling. Before you searched, could you answer yes to either 1 or 2? Just trying to gauge level of awareness of its existence which seems to be very low; and thus a problem for it.

Sorry clearly I didn't read what you were actually asking.

Before I searched the answer to all 3 was no.
  • Options
    They must of been on holiday when the Belgian State Circus rolled into town...
  • Options
    Nay
    Nay
    Thrice Nay
  • Options
    No
    no
    no
  • Options
    sarge1g said:

No, No and No.
    I did however speak to somebody at the EFL to ask if there was any info' they were able to give in relation to the takeover but they were so non committal that it was a waste of effort. Even when asked about integrity of competition (League 1) due to our lack of CEO, CFO and permanent manager with a current owner (who they passed as "fit and proper") who is asset stripping by selling players at less than expected value the answer was "we cannot comment on individual clubs".
    Roland Out !!!

Sounds like another toothless quango not worth the money they are being paid.

• Options
    No, no and no.
  • Options
    Nope nope & nope...
  • Options
    1) No
    2) No
    3) See 2 above
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Yes
    No but didn't think it was one person
    No
  • Options
    Gillis said:

1. No
    2. No
    3. N/a

Same for me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. No
    2. Gelan Swift
    3. N/A
  • Options
    1. {...}
    2. {...}
    3. Huh

That's three negatives from me In case you were wondering, Prague. Judging by the answers above, I guess that either it's a very recent appointment or that the football ombudsman is not doing a very good job.
  • Options
    No no no.
  • Options
    Q) Are there rules regarding EFL club's having a CEO, FD etc ?
    If there are, has the Trust contacted the EFL ?
  • Options
    Nay, nay and thrice nay
  • Options
    Re the questions which are starting to emerge above...

First of all, my own answers would have been No No, N/A too. Which makes it all the more gobsmacking for me to learn, from the link which @Scoham posted, that the Ombudsman has existed for 10 (ten) years, and that something similar existed before that. But if you read that website you will also see that his remit is very tightly constrained. On the surface he has no remit to take up the issues of overall ownership behaviour at distressed clubs like ours.

However as you have probably guessed this thread isn't a completely random one. But if you all will forgive me I won't say more right now; that's because the football establishhment always manages to disappoint even the most modest expectations.
  • Options
    No.

No.

n/a.

(Like Stuart Broad's DRS reviews).
  • Options
    No to all 3
  • Options
    No, No and thanks