Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2018/19

Comments

• Options
    PeterGage said:

PeterGage said:

What I found strange on this thread is a number of the more viciferous anti Roland posters have bought a season ticket. Absolutely amazing - giving him money and vilifying him at the same time!!

You could also argue that it's strange to stop going to watch your team because they've got a bad owner. As far as I'm aware all clubs charge for tickets?

I stop going because I believe that giving him money does not speed up the selling process. Simple really.
    You were buying a ticket I imagine or were you making direct donations to RD? Charlton charged for tickets before RD took over as far as I can remember.
  • Options
    Cheers. Surprised it's that many.
  • Options

Very disappointed its that many myself. Not getting at anyone that did, just wish they hadnt.
  • Options

Yep, however I expect some took a gamble on the takeover being competed by now which took it over the 5k mark.
  • Options

rikofold said:

Here's something I find amazing.
    My S/T costs £340.
    If I bought a ticket for each game (I would), it will cost approximately £21 + £1.50 =£22.50 x 23 = £517.50.
    So if I didn't buy a S/T as some would like/advise, I'll be giving the Belgian &%$% an extra £177.50.

That's if you still went.

For me, not buying a season ticket is unthinkable, and boycotting is unthinkable. I've supported the club for over 40 years and had a season ticket for 25 of them. I watched us when there were 4k at the Valley, less than half that at Selhurst, I watched us under Gliksten Hulyer, etc. I got excited when we found £100k for John Pearson and even more so when £600k was found for Mendonca. I've been there when times have been good and when times have been very very low. Why on earth wouldn't I buy a season ticket now?

Because the heart of the club has been ripped out by this shyster, someone with all the capability of building on what Powell had achieved on and off the pitch and chose to do the opposite in wilful ignorance. His treatment of our club and its fans merits not a penny more, and my individual choice is to give him precisely that.

I won't be buying a season ticket, I'll be boycotting until the day he's gone. The day he's gone I'll be back in full heart, but until then not a penny more.
    I understand your point of view, but surely when we went to Selhurst that ripped the heart of the club out far more than what Roland did?
    Disagree completely. Ridiculous as the decision to leave the Valley was, Sunley had a plan and some ambition. We got promoted the first season there and Lennie Lawrence made a fist of it back in the top flight for a few seasons until we moved to West Ham by which time we were under new ownership. Duchatelet has had zero ambition since his first season when it become clear FFP was a dead duck. He's been cutting corners and managing expectations ever since. We have now reached the point where the cat is well and truly out-of-the-bag in terms of the scale of the mismanagement and his inability to sell the club because of his failure to get real on the price and conduct a proper sale.
    But at the cost of nearly destroying us. Our gates at Selhurst were dismal, but if Lennie hadn't kept us up for 4 season, the club could easily have folded completely.

Again I'm not saying that the current situation isn't a shambles, but surely the 80s were worse?
  • Options
    buckshee said:

I know someone in their forties who’s been going in the covered on an under 11s ST since they installed the auto turnstiles and has never been challenged.

What a hero!
  • Options
    rikofold said:

My S/T costs £340.
    If I bought a ticket for each game (I would), it will cost approximately £21 + £1.50 =£22.50 x 23 = £517.50.
    So if I didn't buy a S/T as some would like/advise, I'll be giving the Belgian &%$% an extra £177.50.

For me, not buying a season ticket is unthinkable, and boycotting is unthinkable. I've supported the club for over 40 years and had a season ticket for 25 of them. I watched us when there were 4k at the Valley, less than half that at Selhurst, I watched us under Gliksten Hulyer, etc. I got excited when we found £100k for John Pearson and even more so when £600k was found for Mendonca. I've been there when times have been good and when times have been very very low. Why on earth wouldn't I buy a season ticket now?

Because the heart of the club has been ripped out by this shyster, someone with all the capability of building on what Powell had achieved on and off the pitch and chose to do the opposite in wilful ignorance. His treatment of our club and its fans merits not a penny more, and my individual choice is to give him precisely that.

I won't be buying a season ticket, I'll be boycotting until the day he's gone. The day he's gone I'll be back in full heart, but until then not a penny more.
    Well done Rich. I applaud your stance. I have come very close to joining you but I can’t quite break the ties yet. It does pain me when I hand over the cash once a year - at least I know that I not bought anything at the shop/bar for 3 years.

I understand your position and am glad that you can understand those of us that still attend but try our damnedness (sp?) to minimise our spend.

I too stood on that shitty terrace at Selhurst and wondered it that was going to be as good as it got.

Let’s hope that this nightmare ends soon
  • Options

My S/T costs £340.

There are plenty of ways round that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Does anybody know how many STs have been sold so far?

CLB74 said he's returning his one.
  • Options

buckshee said:

I know someone in their forties who’s been going in the covered on an under 11s ST since they installed the auto turnstiles and has never been challenged.

What a hero!
    I had a free ST from my uni last season so got in without paying a penny.

I also know a friend who has used an U11 ST for the last two years and never had a problem, paid £55 for this season (£2.39 per game) and will also receive a welcome pack and gift from the club too, bonus.
  • Options

rikofold said:

My S/T costs £340.

I understand your point of view, but surely when we went to Selhurst that ripped the heart of the club out far more than what Roland did?
    Disagree completely. Ridiculous as the decision to leave the Valley was, Sunley had a plan and some ambition. We got promoted the first season there and Lennie Lawrence made a fist of it back in the top flight for a few seasons until we moved to West Ham by which time we were under new ownership. Duchatelet has had zero ambition since his first season when it become clear FFP was a dead duck. He's been cutting corners and managing expectations ever since. We have now reached the point where the cat is well and truly out-of-the-bag in terms of the scale of the mismanagement and his inability to sell the club because of his failure to get real on the price and conduct a proper sale.
    But at the cost of nearly destroying us. Our gates at Selhurst were dismal, but if Lennie hadn't kept us up for 4 season, the club could easily have folded completely.

Again I'm not saying that the current situation isn't a shambles, but surely the 80s were worse?
    but then everyone decided to sing from the same hymn book unlike now and get us back to the valley
  • Options

rikofold said:

My S/T costs £340.

but then everyone decided to sing from the same hymn book unlike now and get us back to the valley
    Some boycotted, some went to Selhurst, some indeed accepted Selhurst
  • Options

rikofold said:

My S/T costs £340.

Well you know it was during those days I discovered where the identity of the club lay. That this regime went to war (KM's own words) with the fans for me places RD way above any other figure in our history in terms of the damage he's doing.

Then we were united behind one single cause - Back to the Valley, whether we expressed it through protest, action or boycott. Today we still have fans who prefer to pretend that nothing's wrong, some who even still support this rotten regime. That disharmony may be a reflection of today's pantomime society, but at the very least RD and his faithful minions have exploited that and severely disrupted that which this club has long been about.

So no, I don't believe Selhurst is comparable to today in those terms, although it was very much an existential crisis as well.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

rikofold said:

My S/T costs £340.

Well you know it was during those days I discovered where the identity of the club lay. That this regime went to war (KM's own words) with the fans for me places RD way above any other figure in our history in terms of the damage he's doing.

Then we were united behind one single cause - Back to the Valley, whether we expressed it through protest, action or boycott. Today we still have fans who prefer to pretend that nothing's wrong, some who even still support this rotten regime. That disharmony may be a reflection of today's pantomime society, but at the very least RD and his faithful minions have exploited that and severely disrupted that which this club has long been about.

So no, I don't believe Selhurst is comparable to today in those terms, although it was very much an existential crisis as well.
    A minuscule number though. Indeed I've never met in person anyone who has those views, even "older West Stand types"
  • Options
    Buying a season ticket is supporting the club not the owner. If people had totaly boycoted Charlton at Selhurst then the club would not be hear today, and for many years the owners where the people who moved us out of the Valley without notice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

buckshee said:

What a hero!
    I had a free ST from my uni last season so got in without paying a penny.

I also know a friend who has used an U11 ST for the last two years and never had a problem, paid £55 for this season (£2.39 per game) and will also receive a welcome pack and gift from the club too, bonus.
    I was being ironic - pretending to be a child to save cash is pretty naff. I wouldn't be boasting about it.....
  • Options
    No Charlton supporters went to Millwall when we went to Selhurst, fact. If you are a Charlton supporter you simply couldn’t do it. I am suspicious of anyone who says they won’t go to watch the team until Douchbag goes. I know some will find that argumentative, but it’s how I feel. Protests I agree with, but staying away because you don’t like the owner? Do me a favour.
  • Options
    masicat said:

No Charlton supporters went to Millwall when we went to Selhurst, fact. If you are a Charlton supporter you simply couldn’t do it. I am suspicious of anyone who says they won’t go to watch the team until Douchbag goes. I know some will find that argumentative, but it’s how I feel. Protests I agree with, but staying away because you don’t like the owner? Do me a favour.

Wrong mate, plenty went and watched Millwall with Millwall mates rather than go selhurst.

• Options
    msomerton said:

Buying a season ticket is supporting the club not the owner. If people had totaly boycoted Charlton at Selhurst then the club would not be hear today, and for many years the owners where the people who moved us out of the Valley without notice.

We moved to Selhurst in the autumn though, so those of us that had season tickets had two choices throw it in the bin or give it a go. My family chose the latter. Whether we would have renewed had we not got promoted is doubtful and probably would have joined the boycotters. We did renew and the rest is history.
  • Options
    masicat said:

What favour would you like?
  • Options
    masicat said:

in what way suspicious?

• Options

rikofold said:

My S/T costs £340.

Some boycotted, some went to Selhurst, some indeed accepted Selhurst
    Some just fucked off to Millwall and never came back.

Easy out is what I think, obviously didn't want to watch Charlton that bad.

I don't feel I have to over explain why I still want to take my son to Charlton but it seems every boycotter is trying to over justify why they won't pay for a season ticket.

I reckon TOPS there is 1000 not Getting a ST because of RD (prob 4000 more because we are in League 1) £3m tops, he's lost more than that since end of last season.

We got young lads on the pitch that need our support yet they will be playing in a stadium 1/5 full.

Forget roly and think about the beer with your mates and helping this group of dispanded players through this shit patch.

I'm sure Millwall and Palace will benefit more out of this in the long run, guaranteed.
    what he said
  • Options

How many season tickets did we have at the start of SCP’s promotion year .
    Was that our third season in the third tier on the spin after a shit finish .
    See what the difference is now between there and then and you’ll have your difference in numbers to what we’d have if this prick owner hadn’t sucked the life out of most .
    I understand people buying season tickets but not until the last few weeks or so .
    I do not understand buying of beer or food in the ground .
    Spend minimum if you have to go .
    Clearly money matters to the twat who owns us , look at the mingey savings he is making on the youngsters breakfast and whatever else , so every penny counts .
    Spend as little as possible

• Options
    Have they not got the players delivering the season tickets this year.mind you if they did some of the players will feel left out with none to deliver.