Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Greetings grappling fans

Professional Wrestling returns to ITV this afternoon at 17.00 after 33 years,will it be as popular as the days of Mick Mcmanus,Big Daddy, Les Kellett etc with Kent Walton commentating.
https://inews.co.uk/culture/television/world-of-sport-itv-wrestling/

Comments

• My guess is no
  • Who are the fans grappling ;-).

The great Kent Walton's opening was to grapple fans.
  • Thought this was going to be new procedure at the valley!
  • Will Ospreay and Davey Boy Smith (billed as British Bulldog Jr) are both very good wrestlers, Will especially has made a name for himself in the wrestling world in Japan
  • Also Paige from the UK has done well in the ladies WWE , I especially liked her videos that are available online though if you’re checking them out don’t forget to turn on incognito browsing ;)
  • Only one problem. I am not 9 years old and my grandad wont be watching with me. Loved that old sod.
  • Only one problem. I am not 9 years old and my grandad wont be watching with me. Loved that old sod.

The same for me Soapy!

Grandad occasionally took me to the Lewisham town hall Catford (as Kent Walton used to say) when it was staged (pun intended) there.
  • Each to their own I guess.
  • Watched a bit of it, but it was just too cheesey for my liking. It’s aimed at families as light entertainment along with the other ITV shows around that time.

I’m a huge professional wrestling fan. Nothing beats the edge of WWE/NXT at its best.
  • sam3110 said:

Will Ospreay and Davey Boy Smith (billed as British Bulldog Jr) are both very good wrestlers, Will especially has made a name for himself in the wrestling world in Japan

Can’t understand why they didn’t put Ospreay over
  • Sponsored links:

• The camera work was absolutely fucking atrocious. This is what happens when you get Emmerdale's camera crew to film your wrestling show; bizarre cuts and shaky camera so big spots get missed completely or end up being a close up of someone's knee cap when he's trying to hit a suplex. The Gladiators-style instant replays were pretty cringe too, as was the fact it felt like they'd borrowed the set from The Big Break.

It doesn't help however that WWE are so averse to competition that when they got wind of WOS starting up again they signed pretty much all the British talent worth seeing just so they couldn't be on the show. The likes of Pete Dunne, Zack Gibson and Tyler Bate being available would have made a huge difference
  • Anyone posting on this thread is a fag paper away from a flag by me.
  • Including yourself?
  • sam3110 said:

Will Ospreay and Davey Boy Smith (billed as British Bulldog Jr) are both very good wrestlers, Will especially has made a name for himself in the wrestling world in Japan

Can’t understand why they didn’t put Ospreay over
    Most likely because they were trading on the nostalgia impact the British Bulldog name has on casual fans. Plus Ospreay is still doing a lot of work in Japan whereas Smith is likely to put more hours in for WOS and so gets more out of the rub

Why, pray tell ??

Why, pray tell ??
    I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you
  • I thought this was hilarious, nostalgic fun when they did it a couple of years ago
  • I can't believe they couldn't find someone better than Alex Shane to commentate. NXT UK has the better talent, Osprey excluded, that should be pretty good and not family orientated.
  • I'm still a big fan of wwe, but WOS was too tacky & cheesy for me. Probably won't watch again
  • Sponsored links:

• The camera work was absolutely fucking atrocious. This is what happens when you get Emmerdale's camera crew to film your wrestling show; bizarre cuts and shaky camera so big spots get missed completely or end up being a close up of someone's knee cap when he's trying to hit a suplex. The Gladiators-style instant replays were pretty cringe too, as was the fact it felt like they'd borrowed the set from The Big Break.

It doesn't help however that WWE are so averse to competition that when they got wind of WOS starting up again they signed pretty much all the British talent worth seeing just so they couldn't be on the show. The likes of Pete Dunne, Zack Gibson and Tyler Bate being available would have made a huge difference

But the likes of Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate (who are both exceptionally gifted), wouldn’t be allowed to be anywhere near as interesting if they were involved in WOS.

NXT is the best place for them.