Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great band names taken from CharltonLife quotes

Comments

• Options
    Slightly off topic but isn’t Slade, Green Loop To Crayford, a band and album title?
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Marxist Emmerdale writers (from some utterly bizarre stuff on the HoC section - best avoid!)
  • Options
    A Particular Pawnbroker 

More a book title than a band . I’m thinking Le Carre. Although The Particular Pawnbroker sounds more right. From the thread of a similar name.
  • Options
    Davison and the wide boys are so good together.
  • Options
    Roddy and the Black Box.

Talk of a new progressive era, a few nodding heads amongst the pseudo intellectuals, but actually this is self indulgent twaddle. A case of the Kings new clothes for me.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    “Same Old Shit”

80’s glam metal covers band with Thomas S and JJ on guitars
  • Options
    NA NA NA UDE
  • Options
    Robot Lawn Mowers
  • Options
    ULEZ Checker

Spinal Tap album, with the cover photo showing band watching 2 naked women as they get intimate...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Studs Up - Old School Punk band. Possibly an all women punk band who own their own sexuality. From my own comment on Twitter thread. 
  • Options
    There was a punk band back in the day called "57 Arseholes". They changed their name from "bleeding piles" after 57 arseholes showed up to their first gig.

Synchronicity strikes again.

• Options
    Seat Thrower
  • Options
    Committee of Outright Perverts, with their debut album Designed by. Courtesy of Leroy Ambrose, cited on the Crushes thread.
  • Options
    "Dog Crypto Token Pump and Dump" are playing their debut gig tonight at The Spotted Dog, Barking. Thanks to @kentaddick for bringing this to our attention on the Culture Wars thread.
  • Options
    Out of their depth.
    Tactically naïve.
    Slower than a snail on Crutches. 
    Sacked in the morning.
    Your mother is your sister.
    Your not fit to sing a song.
    Can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.
  • Options
    The Entitled
  • Options
    Crossrail Monkeypox

• Options
    “Total melt down” a new album by The Bed Wetters @Dazzler21 has an advance copy on the Next Manager thread. 
  • Options
     Mock the Sausage - I fckn love this band. @Cafc43v3r mentioned them on the new manager thread. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Entitled

Charlton fans should have empathy with that band. Especially the ones who thought Curbs had taken Cafc as far as he could when we were 7th in the Premier !
  • Options
    "Climb it James" new song from her forthcoming album "I'm going to heaven because I picked up straws from the North Sea once" by Grotty Beefburg and her vile gobby Gothenburg children's climate choir yawn. 
  • Options
    Wet Fish / Seafood Stalls.
  • Options
    Fourteen chips.
  • Options
    "Punches of Salt" Gets a shoutout from @Callumcafc on the transfer thread. I am not sure what sort of band they are, but judging by the name i'm guessing they don't do children's parties.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    A new release comes in at no 10 - New Excuses from The Albie Apologists
  • Options
    A Case of The Gilbies with their new album 'Better than the levels they're now playing at'.
  • Options

@Davo55 has come up with not so much a band name as a fabulously discomforting name for a Roman centurion: Tortoise interference . On the takeover thread . 

Meanwhile in an associated post @eaststandmike has got us back on track with his referencing of a little known flamenco guitar album released by Fanny “tingle”  Fanackapan called ‘Light Fingering’ 

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/95181/the-takeover-thread-2022-edition-methven-deal-collapsed-p277/p309
  • Options
    The album, Chinese Laundry, by Cryptos. 
  • Options
    And McGrandles.

Journeyman Scottish folk troupe.  Play pubs and bars, never likely to step up to arena status, but do provide a white background noise to get pissed to.