Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• The Decline and Fall of the RD Empire...
  • edited July 2018
    Thanks for posting @Big in Brasov.

Roland spreading his joy far and wide. In fact, far from “not doing failure” (per our former, unloved chief executive), the man has been a 100% failure at every football club he’s been involved at.

Reading about the Újpest players’ skinflint travel arrangements for their Europa Cup tie neatly encapsulates his penchant for false economies, given that it could have cost the team a lucrative tie against Seville.

At least the lucky Hungarians got sarnies for their trip abroad, whereas our Academy players have now had to forgo their breakfasts as part of the latest austerity drive.
  • it is a very good article which captures the essence that is Duchatelet very well. The fact is, when it comes to football, he clearly isn't a good businessman as his approach loses him money. He can blame whoever he likes, but even a village idiot could tell you it is Roland's fault! I look back at his ownership and can see many opportunities to keep fans onboard that simply didn't trouble him - even if it was just attempting to bullshit us. Yes, Meire and her ego may have played a big part in this, but she was working under him to his plan.
  • A good summary of his activities in football. He really is a nasty, arrogant, short-sighted and mean man.
  • Thats an excellent article and an interesting if obvious view of our club from the outside looking in.

• One thing that is noticeable is that he often promises managers support, but it is always in the next window, and then there are always excuses for him not delivering it!
  • One thing that is noticeable is that he often promises managers support, but it is always in the next window, and then there are always excuses for him not delivering it!

You're right, and the excuse is usually that it is a different manager for the next window.
  • An interesting and thought-provoking article; thanks for posting the link.

I wonder what use ROT might make of this?
  • edited July 2018
    25May98 said:

One thing that is noticeable is that he often promises managers support, but it is always in the next window, and then there are always excuses for him not delivering it!

You're right, and the excuse is usually that it is a different manager for the next window.
    Or, we were about to sign somebody but it/they fell through at the last minute, or I am looking to sell the club so have changed my mind, or there is a different manager as you say. Whatever the reason, he gets out of doing what was anticipated, either by the manager, the fans or both.

What I found incredible is how many transfer windows we needed to realise that the next one was going to be no better than the last one!
  • Sponsored links:

How can something so shit to begin with actually decline??
  • I thought Lord Ducktapes hotel had gone to the wall for a minute.

He didn’t get where he’s is today.
  • Just proves that in any language Roland the Douch is a cnut!
  • You missed a great headline...

UPSET AT UJPEST