Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dijksteel has pnuemonia

Get well soon Anfernee.

Charlton defender Anfernee Dijksteel is suffering from pneumonia.

The 21-year-old has not featured in any of the Addicks’ four pre-season games due to the illness.

And Valley caretaker boss Lee Bowyer is unsure how long the versatile defender will be out for.

He told News Shopper: “He’s ill, I think he’s got pneumonia. He’s had it all summer. I think he has it on one of his lungs so he's on antibiotics now. Hopefully he’ll come back soon.

“His fitness is really, really down. That’s how we found out because normally the kid is a machine. He’s up and down, up and down, but in the running [tests] he was at the back.

“We were like ‘what’s wrong with him? What’s he done all summer?’ He’s lost weight, he’s lost about five kilos, he hasn't got five kilos to lose.

“We gave him a load of tests and that’s how we found out about it. He’ll be out for a little while and he’ll have to catch up as well.

“We’ve got Solls, who’s looking very sharp. I like Chris Solly.”

Charlton are set to be without Dijksteel, Ben Reeves, Billy Clarke, Igor Vetokele and Darren Pratley for their League One opener against Sunderland next month.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/16364475.charlton-youngster-anfernee-dijksteel-out-indefinitely-with-illness/?ref=mr&lp=20
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!