Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sun Bets closed down

As of today, Thursday 19th July 2018, Tabcorp UK Ltd will cease providing gambling services on behalf of The Sun and Sun Bets will be closing.

Your funds are – and will remain – safe.

This message outlines what will happen to any funds and unsettled bets or bonuses you may have with us. Your personal data will continue to be used in accordance with the Sun Bets and News Group Newspapers privacy policies.

If you have any queries or concerns regarding the information, please read our FAQ pages here or contact the Sun Bets Customer Services team on Live Chat or by phone on 0800 092 7767 between the hours of 8.00am and 8.00pm.

I have money in my account, how do I access it?
• Any funds we hold on your behalf are safe and your account will remain accessible for a period of time as outlined below
• Please log in to your account here and withdraw any funds as soon as possible
• If your registered card has expired or been lost or stolen, please update it as soon as possible here to enable you to withdraw on to it
• You can reset your password if required here or learn how to verify your account if required here
What happens if I do not withdraw the funds in my account?
• If you do not withdraw funds by Thursday 2nd August 2018, we will make proactive attempts to return any balances via the card you have registered to your account
• If we are unable to do this, we will make attempts to contact you directly until Monday 17th September 2018
• If we are unable to contact you or otherwise return your funds by Monday 17th September 2018 any remaining funds will be donated to GamCare
I have unsettled bets, bonuses, games, tokens or free spins; what happens to them?
• Any unexpired free bets, spins, bonuses or tokens will be credited to your account as cash in the coming days: please withdraw this as soon as possible
• Any unsettled bets will either be credited as a winner or have the stake returned: please check your account to learn the status of these bets and withdraw any balance as soon as possible
Thank you for being a customer of Sun Bets!

Stay in control. Leave before you lose it.
View our Responsible Gaming policy at
Sunbets.co.uk/responsible-gambling

You are receiving this email because you are a Sun Bets customer and this email has been classified as a customer service message. Please do not reply to this email as this inbox is not monitored.

For more information about how we handle your personal data, please read our Privacy & Cookie Policy.

Sun Bets is operated by Tabcorp UK Limited (P.O. Box Sun Bets BM 6435 London WC1N 3XX). Tabcorp UK Limited is licenced by the UK Gambling Commission (licence number: 000-044547-R-324037-004) to provide facilities for gambling to residents of Great Britain. For customers located in the Republic of Ireland, Tabcorp UK Limited is licenced by the Office of Revenue Commissioners (licence number: 1011196).

Tabcorp UK Limited uses the Sun Bets brand and trademarks pursuant to an agreement with News Group Newspapers Limited (NGN), publishers of The Sun. Sun Bets is not operated by NGN.

Comments

• Cheers mate, only had £5 in there but better in my pocket than theirs.
  • Had a great brand but ran the firm badly.
  • "Any unsettled bets will either be credited as a winner or have the stake returned: please check your account to learn the status of these bets and withdraw any balance as soon as possible".

They might want to provide clarification upon which are settled as winners and which are voided! Quite an important point they might want to add...
  • probably found that sunbets was in competition with another Murdoch brand, skybets
  • Nathan Prior still searching for that free bet they offered.
  • probably found that sunbets was in competition with another Murdoch brand, skybets

Or probably not. As Skybet is wholly owned by a Canadian company called The Stars Group Inc which merely pays a fee to Sky to use the name. (A bit like many of the Virgin businesses are nothing at all to do with Branson.)
  • This has featured in Private Eye a lot recently, TabCorp reputedly very unhappy that the promised tie-ins with The Sun hadn't happened, and worse, they kept doing promos with rival betting firms.
  • They gave me a free £10 bet when i opened an account and i won £900 off it. So yeah, cheers ScumBets.

What the hell did you back?