Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Pratley (Page 22 - Signed for Leyton Orient)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Morgan did not play poorly in that game ffs.

He just wasn't as good as the last game, which he played very well in.

• Options
    When Pratley dumped that keepie-uppie pratt on his arse on Sunday, I imagined the ref telling Pratley he was a naughty boy and asking the Sunderland player "well, what did you expect?".
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Pratley will be a huge player for us this season, he brings experience and tough work rate, it isn't his fault we currently lack invention.
    lol at this comment now.
    That aged well
  • Options
    Pratley was certainly excellent on Saturday - seems to have improved since the middle of last season.
  • Options
    Good moment at Wembley when the Sunderland player was fannying around with the ball and Pratley went straight over pushed him away and took the ball.
  • Options
    Pratley was certainly excellent on Saturday - seems to have improved since the middle of last season.
    First half of last season, he was never match fit as he suffered injuries and niggles and unable to train properly.
    But he nevertheless still played when needed.

A good pre-season and match fitness makes all the difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    First half of last season, he was never match fit as he suffered injuries and niggles and unable to train properly.
    But he nevertheless still played when needed.

A good pre-season and match fitness makes all the difference.
    He definitely got stronger as the season progressed, a key player at Wembley as we needed an old hand to do the ugly stuff out there and he did it excellently.
  • Options
    He was still running in the last minute as if it was the first minute. 

Great game again Saturday, just a day where we had 4 MOM in Midfield. 
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    New song for Pratley. He's old He's shit Only plays when no-ones fit Darren Pratley Darren Pratley
    Time to review your opinion?  ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Leuth said:
    Is he better than Crofts? I'd argue Crofts was much better on the ball for all that he lacked presence
    And you Leuth?  ;)

Edit: Now waiting to be hoist by my own petard ;)
  • Options
    He was still running in the last minute as if it was the first minute. 

Great game again Saturday, just a day where we had 4 MOM in Midfield. 
    Compared to the player we signed he looks a different class - maybe he just needed to get fit as @Oggy Red said.
  • Options
    Think Darren needs the Lawrie Wilson song treatment at the moment!!
  • Options
    A good pro ...same as the Andy Hughes effect..valued by the coaches 
  • Options
    I'm happy for Pratley. I know that the modern footballer is supposed to be able to complete 50 step-overs and ping a 70 yard pass onto a penny but there's a reason that players like Darren Pratley still exist, and it's because the game is far more broad and complex than people often give is credit for. I think we've really benefited from Bowyer understanding this and with the youth in our squad having Pratley to guide players through is essential. I bet that if you asked Jack Ross which Charlton player he would have liked to swap onto his team that day at Wembley he would pick Pratley; he was the only one who kept his head after the own goal, and Sunderland's lack of a leader to remind the players to press and kill us off when we were reeling is what allowed us to survive without collapsing and ultimately move past it and grow into the game.

Pratley knows when to throw himself about, when to snap into tackles, when to keep the ball, when to sit and when to push (he was the one throwing himself into the box right after Marquis scored in the semi-final) and even when to start buying fouls and falling on the ball to force the ref to blow his whistle one way or the other. He won't last forever but he's key to our team while we integrate new, young players into the line-up and as long as Bowyer trusts him to come on late to see games out, or start to control how we play the game he's a key player for us
    All over the pitch on Saturday - didn't flag. Kept checking he was No 15...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pratley does a great job in breaking up play.  Average in possession but his mobility and tenacity are so valuable, particularly in games where we have less possession.  His performances in the playoff games were quite brilliant - he’s won me over completely 
  • Options
    The Andy Hughes of this team
  • Options
    I remember this time last year and all the what's the point of Pratley posts. Well done to the lad, he has proved a few wrong.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Have to say he seemed like a somewhat dud signing around Feb-March time but since then he’s been invaluable. His experience through the play offs was a big part in our promotion and he’s been massive in our two wins so far.

He’s the kind of player you don’t necessarily need when you’re playing as the strong favourite who is expected to break down the opposition and create the openings like we were through most of last season.

But we aren’t that team this season. The team now is a team that has to battle for every point. And in that aspect, Pratley is one of the best in the EFL.
  • Options
    With dynamic players around him, especially those that can run with the ball he is able to just go what he does best.
  • Options
    Have all the time in the world for Pratley. Always guaranteed to put in a shift and his experience will undoubtedly help the younger players. Also, one of the heroes of Wembley
  • Options
    I'm happy for Pratley. I know that the modern footballer is supposed to be able to complete 50 step-overs and ping a 70 yard pass onto a penny but there's a reason that players like Darren Pratley still exist, and it's because the game is far more broad and complex than people often give is credit for. I think we've really benefited from Bowyer understanding this and with the youth in our squad having Pratley to guide players through is essential. I bet that if you asked Jack Ross which Charlton player he would have liked to swap onto his team that day at Wembley he would pick Pratley; he was the only one who kept his head after the own goal, and Sunderland's lack of a leader to remind the players to press and kill us off when we were reeling is what allowed us to survive without collapsing and ultimately move past it and grow into the game.

Pratley knows when to throw himself about, when to snap into tackles, when to keep the ball, when to sit and when to push (he was the one throwing himself into the box right after Marquis scored in the semi-final) and even when to start buying fouls and falling on the ball to force the ref to blow his whistle one way or the other. He won't last forever but he's key to our team while we integrate new, young players into the line-up and as long as Bowyer trusts him to come on late to see games out, or start to control how we play the game he's a key player for us
    He was very good but I wouldn't say he was the only one to keep his head after the own goal - Cullen was superb during that period.
  • Options
    For me, Pratley looks better at championship level than he did at league 1. (Accepting that we've only played 2 games of course)
  • Options
    Pleased that big match Darren has been given another year contract. Ever since coming back in against Doncaster he’s being brilliant. One of the first players on the team sheet on current form.