Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Todays friendly - Cambridge United

Comments

• Options

I reckon the triallists are just kids. Players like Poyet and Pratley wouldnt just get dumped in with the kids for the last quarter

Maybe they will both be starting tomorrow, probably both there 1st games in months
  • Options

I reckon the triallists are just kids. Players like Poyet and Pratley wouldnt just get dumped in with the kids for the last quarter

Pratley would'nt be a trialist.
  • Options

Elliott Ward is probably the one in Defence; Poyet could be the other

Cant see Pratley being prepared to go on trial at clubs as sides should know how well he can do
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

Or even wouldn't be a triallist..
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

Doesnt have a club so would be if he was on trial with us.

Think the 2 trialists are Ward and either Poyet or Pratley
  • Options

unless they only arrived at the club a day ago and LB had named his teams prior to their arrival
  • Options
    redbuttle said:

Yesterday someone posted that he had signed.

But if he has, it must be the best kept secret ever around the club.

• Options
    Pratley would tell clubs where to go if they asked him to sign on trial before being offered a Contract
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Cant see Pratley being prepared to go on trial at clubs as sides should know how well he can do
    Not just about what he can do but how he fits in with the team.

Most free agents in lower leagues have a trial even a short 1, before they get offered a contract
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Not just about what he can do but how he fits in with the team.

Most free agents in lower leagues have a trial even a short 1, before they get offered a contract
    Pratley played 30 times in the Championship last season though isnt exactly lower league especially when it comes to signing at level lower than the one he was last season - Be like that Japanese side asking Iniesta to play on trial before they commited

Would also hope that if we're looking to sign him; Gallen and Bowyer would already have assessed videos of his performances to confirm if he'd suit our system or not
  • Options
    Or he can only play as a trailist if he hasn't signed a contract yet?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Last 30 mins line-up:
    Maynard-Brewer, Yao, Cummings, Stevenson, Mascoll, Trialist, Sarpong-Wiredu, Dempsey, Trialist, Hackett-Fairchild, Umerah. #cafc

That line up looks totally U-23 Development squad.

• Options
    we will be told who the trialist twins are or will it be "undisclosed" like our transfers.

shitfest of a club.
  • Options
    Why would we name Dawkins (who is on trial) but not others? Seems strange.
  • Options

Wasn't Azeez a Charlton product...

Went to Wimbledon?
  • Options

Maybe at the request of the players
  • Options

Good point!!

Dont want Man Utd or Barcelona being aware of who we've got with the club and pinching them from under our noses
  • Options
    The trialists are either players we don't others sniffing around or incognito as they don't want to be associated with their desperation in trying out for our joke of a club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Named Elliot Ward also.

• Options
    My prediction

119 - Goal Cambridge

Former academy star Azeez pokes in from close range after mistake by Trialist 2-3
    #cafc
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Named Elliot Ward also.

When was he named
  • Options
    Aren't they only dubbed 'triallist' when they're still under contract to another club?
    What's the point in keeping them anonymous in a bcd friendly if they're free agents? Their indentity will be obvious to all present.
    A free agent touting for work is hardly in a position to determine whether a prospective employer reveals they've played in a training game.
  • Options

My prediction

119 - Goal Cambridge

Former academy star Azeez pokes in from close range after mistake by Trialist 2-3
    #cafc

Azeez ? Didn't he play for Charlton?
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Named Elliot Ward also.

When was he named
    Erm ..... on the team sheet at Welling United on Saturday.

Bowyer mentioning him in the post match comments.

I could go on .... :smile:

• Options
    FULL TIME | Charlton 2 @CambridgeUtdFC 2.

A good run out for the lads at Sparrows Lane and the spoils are shared. #cafc
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Named Elliot Ward also.

When was he named

My bad.

Was thinking todays teamsheets lol
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

Named Elliot Ward also.

When was he named

My bad.

Was thinking todays teamsheets lol
    Never mind, Paulie. You wait until you get 'senior moments' :smile: