Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 2018/2019 (In general)

Comments

• Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

atm its a fucking nightmare following charlton a pompey game that may/may not be on, an fa cup game where we dont know when its on and these are games that are 2/3 weeks away

Thought you were not going Mansfield
    i'm not but as a charlton fan i think its pretty poor when they cannot say when a game will be on when its scheduled for 2 weeks away.
    Not really if your not going Mansfield it doesn't matter and if your getting the train to Portsmouth is not the same money on the day unless your going from east Croydon then you can get cheaper booking earlier
    point taken wont comment on another game/charlton related event unless i'm attending.
    I just think it could be worse we could be playing someone like Plymouth or Sunderland waiting to book cheaper trains
    of course, crossed wires.

under 21 internationals?
    One of me mates said there's no u 21 fixtures the weekend of Portsmouth would that leave us with only 2 internationals
    Yeah Republic of Ireland dont appear to have any fixtures now as Euro U21 Qualifying has ended for them

Poland U21 do have their Play-Off to qualify against Portugal though so Bielik | Ward | Taylor can be the ones called up
  • Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

atm its a fucking nightmare following charlton a pompey game that may/may not be on, an fa cup game where we dont know when its on and these are games that are 2/3 weeks away

i'm not but as a charlton fan i think its pretty poor when they cannot say when a game will be on when its scheduled for 2 weeks away.
    Not really if your not going Mansfield it doesn't matter and if your getting the train to Portsmouth is not the same money on the day unless your going from east Croydon then you can get cheaper booking earlier
    point taken wont comment on another game/charlton related event unless i'm attending.
    I just think it could be worse we could be playing someone like Plymouth or Sunderland waiting to book cheaper trains

under 21 internationals?
    One of me mates said there's no u 21 fixtures the weekend of Portsmouth would that leave us with only 2 internationals
    Yeah Republic of Ireland dont appear to have any fixtures now as Euro U21 Qualifying has ended for them

Poland U21 do have their Play-Off to qualify against Portugal though so Bielik | Ward | Taylor can be the ones called up
    I stand corrected
  • Options
    How can Ward or Taylor be called up for a Poland v Portugal U21 game?
    clive said:

Now that all the televised matches have been announced does this mean our game is on Saturday ?

No,the BBC can move up to 8 games to Sunday.
    Be good if the BBC thought about fans and said what games are moving to Sunday so that fans can make travel arrangements.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

under 21 internationals?
    poland under 21s have a playoff game against portugal

12/11/2018 & 20/11/2018

personally i think we should play the game on saturday, a midweek winter game with an in form team is not something i can see us winning, a sell out crowd on a saturday could make the difference plus a good piss up.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

How can Ward or Taylor be called up for a Poland v Portugal U21 game?

clive said:

Now that all the televised matches have been announced does this mean our game is on Saturday ?

No,the BBC can move up to 8 games to Sunday.
    Be good if the BBC thought about fans and said what games are moving to Sunday so that fans can make travel arrangements.
    taylor plays for monserrat and they are doing v well in qaulifying

ward northern ireland.
  • Options
    Yeah I know was just trying to be funny.

• Options

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

under 21 internationals?

12/11/2018 & 20/11/2018

personally i think we should play the game on saturday, a midweek winter game with an in form team is not something i can see us winning, a sell out crowd on a saturday could make the difference plus a good piss up.
    And play without Taylor, Bielik and Ward? No thanks
  • Options
    edited October 2018

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

clb74 said:

under 21 internationals?

12/11/2018 & 20/11/2018

And play without Taylor, Bielik and Ward? No thanks
    we ain't that good, bowyer has made comments on the crowd and what a difference it makes .

imo i think this whole calling games off thing is a bit of a joke anyway if you choose to sign international players etc, could end up with a serious backlog of saturday/tuesday games - which from this weeks showing we are not able for.

what about if the 3 above get injured. being a charlton fan in recent years hasnt been much fun i expect pompey and gills the only large away turnouts this season where we actually get a decent sized away end.
  • Options
    Half our players can't do Saturday Tuesday games anyway
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bd1c71f570b2/fa-cup-first-round-date-with-mansfield-confirmed

Glad to see that the convenience of us idiots that actually pay money to go to games has taken a back seat in order to protect the interests of the hordes of people across Japan, China and Malaysia who will be absolutely desperate to tune into the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sunday Nov 11th 12.45 - twats.
  • Options
    Ridiculous
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Sunday lunchtime KO is an absolute joke. Twats.

I had blamed the BBC but it's for international broadcasts. Who in America will be up early for that?! How many Asians want to stay up late to see Naby Sarr?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bd1c71f570b2/fa-cup-first-round-date-with-mansfield-confirmed

Glad to see that the convenience of us idiots that actually pay money to go to games has taken a back seat in order to protect the interests of the hordes of people across Japan, China Belgium and Malaysia who will be absolutely desperate to tune into the game.

Amended for you.

• Options
    F#ck the cup and f@ck mansfield
  • Options
    #boycott even Seb can boycott then
  • Options
    Had mates that were planning on going, now cannot get there via train, a heads up if anyone is doing anything that weekend Bexleyheath line has engineering work AGAIN FFS
  • Options
    https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2018/october/date-confirmed-for-charlton-cup-tie/
    Ticket prices are confirmed as follows:

Pre-purchased:

Price

Adult

£15

Concessions
    (65+ and U18)

£10

U11*

£5

*Supporters aged under 11 must be accompanied by a paying adult.

Ambulant disabled supporters should produce the necessary paperwork and be on the higher rate of disability to receive a free carer ticket free of charge.

Matchday:

Price

Adult

£17

Concessions
    (65+ and U18)

£12

U11*

£7

For the avoidance of doubt, the Quarry Lane Stand will also be open for the match.

Hospitality for the match will include an English brunch prior to the game followed by a steak & ale pie at half-time. Admission prices are £40 for adults and £35 for under 18s. The price also includes an official teamsheet, match programme and VIP seating,

Book your tickets by telephoning commercial manager Paul Nyland via 01623 482 482 (option 3) or e-mail sales@mansfieldtown.net

In the event of scores being level after 90 minutes, a replay will take place at The Valley on Tuesday 20 November and the following ticket prices would be charged by Charlton Athletic both in advance or on matchday:

Category

Price

Adult

£15

Concessions
    (65+ and U18)

£10

U11*

£5

Emirates FA Cup games are not available for live viewing internationally or domestically on iFollow Stags – the club’s online premium broadcast channel.

• Options
    They just don't effing care about the fans one bloody jot.
  • Options
    Nice one, a time I can make.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Due to engineering works, takes four-and-a-half hours from St Pancras! Dep 0733, stops everywhere to Bedford. Change to bus - takes 90 mins to Leicester. Train to Nottingham; change for train to Mansfield, arr 1202. No thanks.
  • Options
    Any Charlton fans going to this deserve a bloody medal
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Sunday lunchtime KO is an absolute joke. Twats.

I had blamed the BBC but it's for international broadcasts. Who in America will be up early for that?! How many Asians want to stay up late to see Naby Sarr?

Not many fans want to see Naby Sarr at 3pm
    on a Saturday
  • Options
    Unfortunately being on Remembrance Sunday, that’s me out.
  • Options
    How many does that that now knock off the away attendance
  • Options
    FFS!!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Ffs

Trains a no go I don't really think I can be arsed to drive.
  • Options
    Proper odd
  • Options
    I'll be there.