Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FA Cup 2018/2019 (In general)

Comments

• Class. Will look forward to that!
  • Ground tickers will be happy! Nice to get someone new, and a new ground for most. Indeed there will probably be more of us wanting tickets than if we were playing them at home!
  • Tough for Bromley being at home to Peterborough

They'll get good takings from the pie stall though with Evans about.
  • Hour away...well chuffed.
  • edited October 2018
    From the club website

Last season, Charlton beat non-league Truro City in the first round at The Valley.

They should have added

before predictably being knocked out in the next round by the wombles
  • Not a new ground for me so I probably won't be going
  • Mansfield eight draws from 12 league games so far, another draw looks nailed on
  • Away end holds 1800. Like going back to the 70's up there but one or two decent pubs in the town
  • edited October 2018
    Within my catchment area so that will do very nicely.........Wemberley, Wemberley, we're the famous CAFC and we're going to Wemberley :smiley:
  • I'm up for The Cup and shall go to Mansfield. New ground for me.

Last time I saw them at Brentford (long time ago) the game ended 9 a side after a punch up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can see it being on TV, wouldn’t book any trips just yet
  • Nice one, I have a mate who supports the scabs.

What happened to just watching the team you support play? Not meant to be a dig at you specifically Blackpool, but i do find it bizarre the amount of posters obsessed with ticking off new grounds etc

Well it wouldn't be last time we played there was 1932
  • LouisMend said:

Doesn’t seem to be any direct trains from London to Nottingham that I can see that weekend.

Engineering work Between Bedford & Leicester that weekend,alternative route from Kings Cross via Peterborough & Nottingham.
    I will post a thread when kick-off date/time confirmed.

What happened to just watching the team you support play? Not meant to be a dig at you specifically Blackpool, but i do find it bizarre the amount of posters obsessed with ticking off new grounds etc
    Might be his doing Blackpool few weeks later
  • Following Welling's unfortunate loss to Woking, would like to see Charlton get them and duly slaughter them.

Those wankers are welcome to Torquay away.
  • clive said:

LouisMend said:

Doesn’t seem to be any direct trains from London to Nottingham that I can see that weekend.

Engineering work Between Bedford & Leicester that weekend,alternative route from Kings Cross via Peterborough & Nottingham.
    You're too good to them Clive, I'd have let them sweat a little bit longer :wink: .
  • Not a new ground for me - went to Field Mill one friday night before we played Forest one year......prob around '98 or '99. I think Mansfield were playing Shrewsbury & a player I quite liked was playing (Iyseden Christie).

may go to this... . depends if we are selected to play on a sunday as part of BBC's stupid "as it goes in" show.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2018
    I’ve seen / been too a few Mansfield games last few seasons with a mate from Mansfield, their fans will be right up for it, Gary Flitcroft is the manager, I can’t believe how much abuse the fans give him when things are not going well, let’s hope Karlan and Lyle have got their shooting boots on!

I’ll be interested how Danny Rose (star striker) gets on for Mansfield, he wanted a move away in the summer, didn’t get his dream move, and was left out of the team at the start of the season.

Mansfield have struggled without him, and have had to bring him back in the fold, the Mansfield fans absolutely love him.

They’ve recently changed their keeper, and he looks quite decent, their defence can be got at if put under constant pressure, they do like drawing matches!

I am torn as I have a family birthday to go to in the evening, but this game means more than most.

Be prepared for plenty of C’mon you stags chants and yellows, yellows, yellows.
  • RedChaser said:

clive said:

LouisMend said:

You're too good to them Clive, I'd have let them sweat a little bit longer :wink: .
    Elfsborgs going via wigan

it does also depend on whether the club want to take it seriously or like the League Cup play mostly youngsters or players coming back from injury. Cabt blame the fans not getting uninterested if the club dont.
  • They have a nice ground, fairly new, and so much better than their old 'Field Mill' place. Its just on the outskirts of Mansfield town centre, a couple of decent boozers, well there used to be when I lived just a few miles away in 2004.
    If I remember rightly I think the late, great Bob Curtis ended up playing for them after he left us in 1978.
    Its a good draw and one we should win......I hope!!
  • Those train delays and diversions are nasty. The club could make a killing running a full coach service but they'll schedule just one as always.
  • Didn’t Charlton legend Bob Curtis come from Mansfield?

Have you ever been to Mansfield.
    I would guess not.
    I have been to about 80 different clubs supporting Charlton.
    So I will pick and choose as I please from now on.
    What @blackpool72

Been waiting to see us play at Field Mill for about 35 years.
  • New ground for me.
  • Didn’t Charlton legend Bob Curtis come from Mansfield?

He was born in Nottinghamshire, and returned to the East Midlands after 10 years with us: signed for Mansfield for £8,000 in February 1978. He was transferred to Kettering Town in 1980.

We signed Bob, aged 14, as an associate schoolboy in 1964. In 1967 we sent Shirebrook Miners' Welfare FC a donation of £50 in connection with his signing professional forms.

Info from Colin Cameron's The Valiant 500.