Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The rise of the vegans.

Comments

• Options
    Stevelamb said:
    Hardly.

"There's no good evidence that vegan poo is better than any other human faeces"
  • Options
    I could donate a super amount of poo. I’d be somewhat guarded about advising anyone to eat any of it though.
  • Options
    Poo and the decline of the high street - causes to celebrate veganism.
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:
    Correction:

Vegan poo donor. Absolutely spurious to state that it is somehow 'super' poo

A lot of stuff in this thread is bollocks, or sniping, or just windups - but it now seems you're suggesting that vegans' shit doesn't stink? That's going a bit far, even for you! :lol:
  • Options
    Barking mad.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    Here's a picture of the "love burger" I just had in Leon - it's not as good as a proper ham or beef patty but it was enjoyable.

• Options
    Keep meaning to try the Greggs vegan sausage roll. Not had a chance yet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone want to give it a go,

Vegan Vibes
    Greenwich Market
    5th April @ 6pm
    Old skool garage and R&B
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I have tried Greggs vegan sausage roll and seriously if you didn't know you cannot tell the difference.
    I think though this probably shows how poor the quality of the meat one is.
  • Options
    Stevelamb said:

seth plum said:

I have tried Greggs vegan sausage roll and seriously if you didn't know you cannot tell the difference.
    Did you eat a real one at the same time?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Stevelamb said:

seth plum said:

Did you eat a real one at the same time?
    No, but I did a few years ago.
    The bloody thing gave me something I have not had since going vegan though.........................indigestion.
  • Options
    Looking very authentic and original features there.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47003878

Despite my previous posts on this thread, I have to say it's pretty appalling that a "resaurant" can get it wrong so many times.

Of course you have to question what the hell a vegetarian is even doing in mcdonalds in the first place in this day and age with the many options available,

One thing that I feel is relevant to the thread as a discussion is the final quote of the story;

"I think companies are now catering to vegetarians and vegans more because they're worried about the backlash if they don't," she says.

"Companies are now bringing out vegan food just because it's cool and trendy."

This is not a quote from somebody on my side of the discussion, by the way - this is from a non meat eater. It sort of belies the cultural change narrative that is being suggested doesn't it?
  • Options
    Consumer choice is always a good thing.

I welcome the day when vegans and non-vegans alike are able to have access to high quality and sustainable food at a reasonable cost.
  • Options
    At an appropriate cost I would say. Which may mean sustainable meat is a lot more expensive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Josh Parker is vegan.
  • Options

Josh Parker is vegan.

How do you know?
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

I’m somewhere in between a vegetarian and vegan. I don’t eat meat nor will I drink milk or eat eggs. My weakness is cheese so if anyone has any decent vegan cheeses, please shout. Ive tried a few and they were terrible.

Generally feel a lot fitter and healthier since converting 3 years ago. Whether that’s psychological or not, I’m not sure. If someone had said that to me back in the days when I was eating meat, I’d have called them a bullshitter so can see both sides of the coin.

Still find not eating meat to be a bit inconvenient when living a busy life. All my meals have to be cooked from home as there are limited options here in NZ, certainly of a healthy variety.

Be keen to hear about any decent vegans recipes if possible. Too often after a busy day at work, I end up eating a falafel or halloumi wrap for dinner and want to add a bit more variety.

Get either of Anna Jones' recipe books. Mainly vegan, and they all have vegan alternatives if they're not.