Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland, Or someone who thinks their clever cancelled Christmas ( sorry kids breakfast)!

Pathetic backbone Charlton management - please come on here and explain why you think minimum wage employees are penalised first?

Comments

• The bully boy Keohane ....... A horrible man
  • Explain please.
  • If a young player breaks into the first team, he doesn't get appearance money, but he gets a free breakfast.
  • Any idea how much that costs, surely we can all put some money to make sure the young lads get it.

Soneone set up a just giving page, show the young lads us fans care
  • All the.Aussies fault
  • Any idea how much that costs, surely we can all put some money to make sure the young lads get it.

Think the point is that Roland should be made to pay for it - one way or another.
    Agree but in the meantime the kids will suffer, so i think we should so them that the fans care even if Roland doesnt
  • It's obviously nothing to do with the breakfast. You need to realise how much money Keohane has saved by sacking 'Full English' Doris.

The boys have been told to bring their own balls on Monday.

Glad that the focus hasn't gone from achieving Category 1 Academy status.
  • edited June 2018
    Copied from takeover thread;

Apparently Charlton can no longer afford breakfast for all the development squads before training. Seriuously? What planet are they on?

Planet Roland W*nker, he's down to his last E400m.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh please, it’s hardly Maggie taking my milk away, I bet they all have coco pops before they get to training anyway :wink:
  • edited June 2018
    It's not good, but let's be honest, if the young men were at school, uni or work, I don't think they would be getting a free breakfast.
    Especially if said school, uni or business were losing £10M pa.
    Sorry, to piss on your corn flakes.

Or maybe the senior players could chip in a tenner/week.
    And if they did Roland would think what a good idea, what else can I cut that others will then stump up for? If we had a whip round and covered the cost for a season it would just encourage Roland.

We need to find a way for Roland to pay, whether monetarily or otherwise.
  • It's not good, but let's be honest, if the young men were at school, uni or work, I don't think they would be getting a free breakfast.

Sorry your missing the point, piss on the first team cornflakes not the minimum wage employees. Secondly manage the club property and you would not have this problem.
    Properly.....oops
  • Are the youth team on minimum wage?

Think the point is that Roland should be made to pay for it - one way or another.
    I agree in principle, and since there is little chance of fan pressure forcing RD into a U-turn, if this rumour is true we should be looking at ways of using the situation to garner favourable publicity for the fans and bad publicity in his home town for tight-wad Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• How much money is this actually saving the club?
  • It's not good, but let's be honest, if the young men were at school, uni or work, I don't think they would be getting a free breakfast.

It's the spirit of the club that gets diminished with such seemingly trivial yet significant actions.

Underlines the complete disconnect the "owner" has with the actual club and those who make it up.
    Yes,

It's not good, but let's be honest, if the young men were at school, uni or work, I don't think they would be getting a free breakfast.

Presumably school, uni or work wouldn’t be quite as interested in their specific diet and nutrition needs though?

Youth recruitment and retention is competitive, so the benchmark is what other clubs provide, not what happens in other settings.

All that said, the issue is about Duchatelet reducing the club to the level of a Walsall or a Rochdale, which is the budgetary objective he has set (a typical L1 club). I doubt if that will be achieved just by cutting breakfasts.

Agreed. We'll be getting 13 chips next season.
  • How much money is this actually saving the club?

Does it save more than stopping free tea in the lounges that KM bought in during her time iirc? Is she back making this genius call?
  • Addickted said:

It's obviously nothing to do with the breakfast. You need to realise how much money Keohane has saved by sacking 'Full English' Doris.

The boys have been told to bring their own balls on Monday.

Be nice to finally see players who bring some balls.
  • Not life threatening but....

It's petty. Only a complete and utter wanker would make the decision to take that away considering the circumstances of, it really isn't necessary and critical in any way shape or form to save that particular expense.

Something nice ...taken away for not a good enough reason.