Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    He also didn't make anything of Taylor's injury with Montserrat on sub standard pitches and the decision for him to return back by plane/train via Ebbsfleet. Bang went our hopes of staying in the Championship. 

The irony is that they both consider themselves to be the people's person!
  • Options
    Carter said:
    For once I'd like to see a banner at football. And that banner to read 

"LYLE TAYLOR PUSSY AND BOTTLE JOB" 
    This is actually perfect 
  • Options
    Letting Taylor play for Montserrat was what got us relegated and was probably the stupidest decision made by the club - apart from letting Yann go - in the last 20 years. 
    Notts Forest didn’t let him go and nor should we. 
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    Letting Taylor play for Montserrat was what got us relegated and was probably the stupidest decision made by the club - apart from letting Yann go - in the last 20 years. 
    Barnsley scoring in injury time in the last game of the season at Brentford relegated us, not anything Taylor might have done had he been playing for us, but didn't. Fact versus conjecture.
    Even that Barnsley goal looked like it could have potentially been offside too, everything just went against us that season.
  • Options
    I can understand Swordfish's point. Dealing with the 'there and now'. But I'd still like to take this opportunity to label Taylor an absolute bell.
  • Options
    No club should be able to stop a player representing their country. 
    Not really his country but yeah, obviously.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    masicat said:
    Times article today on how Taylor was responsible for Bowyer managing Montserrat. Unbelievable ….
    For those that haven't/can't read the article in question, here are the pertinent bits relating to his appointment:

It began with a phone call from Cassell (the Montserrat FA President) to Lyle Taylor, the captain of the national team, then at Nottingham Forest, who had played under Bowyer at Charlton and Birmingham. “Mr Cass said to me, ‘I want your man.’ ” Taylor explains. “And I said, ‘Who’s my man?’ And he said, ‘Lee Bowyer.’ ”

Some of the players have hinted, I tell Taylor, that it is because Bowyer is in charge that they have committed to represent Montserrat. “Yes, and that was why Mr Cassell and myself worked so hard to get him to be the manager,” Taylor says. “I played for him and we’ve been close since to the point where he trusts me and he took time out of his summer to see what we were talking about. He’s leaned on me as I expected. The way the Caribbean works is different to how football is in England.

“We have conversations at least five times a week. He was badgering me about tactics and sent me a video on YouTube and kept badgering me to see if I had watched it. So I started to, and the next time he called I could say, ‘I am watching it right now’. He’s a brilliant person, I’ve got a lot of love for him and the fact he trusts me enough to take this job says a lot for our relationship.”

Bowyer and Taylor, who is now at Cambridge United, share an agent who initially laughed at Taylor when he told him of Montserrat’s interest. But he spoke to Bowyer and Bowyer was not dismissive.

“It took an age,” Taylor says. “At times it felt like I was negotiating with my own agent on behalf of the Montserrat FA for Lee Bowyer to be my international manager! It was just a little bit mad but Mr Cass gave me authorisation to offer a contract. It was highly unusual but the best way to get it done.”

.....and then everyone in the ground applauded me.

Sounds like a DHOTY entry.
    And the kit man wiped a tear from his eye.
  • Options
    edited March 24
    swordfish said:
    J BLOCK said:
    swordfish said:
    Barnsley scoring in injury time in the last game of the season at Brentford relegated us, not anything Taylor might have done had he been playing for us, but didn't. Fact versus conjecture.
    Don't be silly, Taylor's goals would have kept us up, the Barnsley game would have been irrelevant. 
    Like I say. I'm stating fact, not guessing.
    You're right the fact that Barnsley scoring was the result that sent us down but.............
    With The Snake available for the last few games we wouldn't have been in that position and I think most would agree with that. 
    That's probably true I agree, but we'll never know for sure.

What I do know is we went into the last game outside the relegation zone and, despite a thumping at Leeds, were still out of it until Barnsley scored late on, but I'll say no more about it.

Edit. What I'm not trying to say is that Taylor has a get out of jail free card.
  • Options
    Big win for Port Vale yesterday. A bit more pressure on Taylor and Cambridge in relegation battle. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    FFS. The only reason I was excited about the match.
    Can have his shit stunt double MB
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    IdleHans said:
    Running scared of the mighty addicks
    Yeah fucking Morro, proper bottle job. 
  • Options
    Not a criticism of him, but I reckon he'll not attend the game as he'll know the abuse that will come from the away end.
  • Options
    Not a criticism of him, but I reckon he'll not attend the game as he'll know the abuse that will come from the away end.
    Hopefully he will be able to hear it on the video link....
  • Options
    Alternatively, he will absolutely love the attention…
  • Options
    edited April 11
    cafctom said:
    Alternatively, he will absolutely love the attention…
    And opening a monthly cheque of about 100k.

I'm in the minority but cannot bring myself to dislike him for previous events.