Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    I’ve been talking about this to a Wimbledon mate, he reckons taylor was on £3k a week with them and moved to us for £12k a week. Rubbish or true?
  • Options
    I’ve been talking about this to a Wimbledon mate, he reckons taylor was on £3k a week with them and moved to us for £12k a week. Rubbish or true?
    Not a chance 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Not a chance 
    That’s what I said, he wouldn’t have it that sarr was on more
  • Options
    Obviously they’re all bigger clubs than us, but I wonder if the big move he spoke of was always a choice of Forest, Burnley, Galatasary, Celtic and Rangers. 

I’d thought that Forest had been play off contenders for many years in a row, surprised to see last 5 have actually been 7th, 9th, 17th, 21st and 16th. 
    Lyle probably doesn't give a toss about that as long as they pay him £20,000 a week.
  • Options
    No player at Wimbledon is.on 3k a week. One of my former work colleagues is well involved there and says that is well above there pay structure. 
  • Options
    Wherever Taylor goes, I reckon his head will be well and truly mucked up by the fallout of his cowardly exit from Charlton. Don't think he'll ever be the same. Couple of games without a goal for his new club - whoever that is - and fans will be getting on his back. That will continue his downward spiral. Good riddance.
  • Options
    Well, part of me is happy about this because I like to imagine he was sat at home watching Forest get spaffed 4-1 by Stoke on the final day and miss out of the Play-Offs on goal difference. That must have been a real kick in the nads.
    Having said that though, if they've only opened talks with him this month then it sort of implies that this isn't the magical life-changing move he had lined up. I'm beginning to wonder if there ever was a real move lined up, or if he just assumed that he could get a better deal by leaving Charlton and told Bowyer he had something in the pipeline to justify sitting at home over the summer.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Given Forest have been paying Jenkinson between 25k and 45k a week depending on your source I can see Lyle getting at least £25-30k there.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/footballleaguefc.com/nottingham-forest-2019-20-player-wages/

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Given Forest have been paying Jenkinson between 25k and 45k a week depending on your source I can see Lyle getting at least £25-30k there.
    But where does all this money come from?

They don't have any parachute payment money, surely paying players that kind of money puts them at risk of FFP and a points deduction in the 2030/31 season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mate of mine who is a Forrest fan was telling me they have offered stupid wages to players who came to them inJanuary.

Gaetan Bong from Brighton is on 30k a week, he has only played one game since he joined and that was against us, we know how that went. 

Looks like Cash and Worrall could go for big money which will settle things. 

Pains me to say but I think Taylor could do OK there as Grabban doesn't have a full season in him due to his knees. 

He could definitley get his reputation sacrificing 20k a week aswell I think. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    But where does all this money come from?

They don't have any parachute payment money, surely paying players that kind of money puts them at risk of FFP and a points deduction in the 2030/31 season?
    Very good  :D
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    No player at Wimbledon is.on 3k a week. One of my former work colleagues is well involved there and says that is well above there pay structure. 
      I agree though they did go through a little period in L1 where they went over budget signing ex-champ players like Liam Trotter.  He signed his last contract for AFC in L1 so may have been on 2-3k.
  • Options
    It makes sense tbf, they'll pay him the money he wants and he'll fell they're close enough to the PL that he could be the difference in them going up next season.

I hope they fail miserably.
  • Options
    Not sure Forest is the "big step up" he was hoping for. Decent Championship side but have flirted with relegation more recently than being on top 6 side. 

Hope we draw them in the cup over the next couple of years as I'm sure he'll be reminded of how unprofessional he was.
    Probably a big step up in salary though. Don’t forget he can only afford to watch a blank TV screen at the moment.
  • Options
    There was a squad salary from last season posted on Facebook earlier and if it was true can't blame him for leaving but will not forgive him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Forest are a big club in fairness, but haven't seen success for decades. They're constantly throwing money at it, but with no end result. Lazy players with big bank balances, who don't give a shit. They bottled it last season too. Taylor has one contract left in him, but I'd be worried about a 30yr old bloke with 2 good seasons signing a big contract at say 25k per week if I was a fan. Especially as he's already prooved hes willing to down tools if it dont suit him.
  • Options
    I hope he falls into the river Trent.
  • Options

They should be used to pricks like Taylor. 
  • Options
    20k a week may seem a lot but ultimately for a free transfer at a fairly big Championship club it's really not. It works out at just over £2m for a 2 year deal, that's hardly a huge outlay.
  • Options
    Blokes a snake 
  • Options
    Passed medical and agreed finance
  • Options
    Is he still playing international football for the pub team?
  • Options
    Very rarely have ill feeling towards an ex-player but LT really can get fucked. Hope forest go down next year, another club that think they have a divine right to be in the prem.