Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Aaaarrrrggghhh....can't believe I'm back on this thread! This fucker proper boils my piss and I hope this goes horribly wrong for Birmingham. Am amazed Bowyer sanctioned it (dunno if he has any say in transfers?). Employing the fella who so publicly mugged you off just a couple of seasons ago? Weak.

Nothing against Bow at all, he was a brilliant player and manager for us in difficult times. Probably shouldn't be surprised as this is football in 2022, but I think Bow has really shown a lack of bollocks here.
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    Bowyer and Taylor are perfectly fine together.
    Bowyer spun a line to the media about Taylor downing tools to galvanise the squad in fight of relegation. 

If that's true then Bow has certainly gone down in my estimations 
  • Options
    Shame that despite letting Bowyer/us down before, Bowyer rewards his behaviour by signing him on loan!
  • Options
    Two pricks, deserve each other.
  • Options
    Not sure why but made me think of the Phil Collins song (Two Hearts) when I first read that  :D

• Options
    Why wouldn't Bowyer sign him? Lyle was brilliant for Bowyer at Charlton. A very specific set of circumstances happened that ended up with Lyle letting us down badly, but that was a fairly unique situation unlikely to repeat. Birmingham are 18th, 12 points off the drop (with Peterborough two games in hand over them) and they absolutely cannot afford to go down. If they spend too long near the bottom Bowyer will lose his job. Lyle scored 11 goals in 22 Championship games for Bowyer and he'll feel that it's worth bringing in a bloke he doesn't like to do a job; it'll be worth it if Taylor gets the goals to steer them clear of the drop and Bowyer can still think he's a prick at the same time. Personally I'm just delighted that Lyle failed at 'big school' and has had to go running back to the manager that made him a potent striker at this level for more instruction. It's hilarious really when you think about it, a huge win for us bitter types.
  • Options
    We've seen Bowyer sign another striker who was successful for him and with us but that didn't work out well for Birmingham did it? Although the £300K profit probably offset the lack of goals. History might be repeating itself.
  • Options
    Bit different with Chuks as I think Bowyer never really trusted him to stay fit - only started him in one game for Birmingham. I think he came in as a risk-free free transfer but Bowyer wouldn't have paid money for him. I also think that Chuks is a bit of a lower league David Nugent. Too good for League One but completely ineffectual at Championship level. Bowyer got a tune out of Lyle at Championship level though so he'll be hoping to repeat that, unless Lyle has completely lost interest which would not be a massive surprise.
  • Options
    Bowyers network must be as bad as ours if he only keeps signing players that have played for him.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    sad thing is majority of players that he got relegated put comments on his instagram as

" go get it baller " or something equally as embarassing
  • Options
    Not sure why but made me think of the Phil Collins song (Two Hearts) when I first read that  :D

Sing it:

"Two pricks, that beat as one"
  • Options
    Bit different with Chuks as I think Bowyer never really trusted him to stay fit - only started him in one game for Birmingham. I think he came in as a risk-free free transfer but Bowyer wouldn't have paid money for him. I also think that Chuks is a bit of a lower league David Nugent. Too good for League One but completely ineffectual at Championship level. Bowyer got a tune out of Lyle at Championship level though so he'll be hoping to repeat that, unless Lyle has completely lost interest which would not be a massive surprise.
    That might well be the case. But I will ask the question again. Why did Bowyer sign Aneke? He didn't trust his fitness as you say and he was anything but proven as a scorer at Championship level in any event. 
  • Options
    That might well be the case. But I will ask the question again. Why did Bowyer sign Aneke? He didn't trust his fitness as you say and he was anything but proven as a scorer at Championship level in any event. 
    I imagine because he was free and had looked unplayable in L1 the season before. Probably didn't need a big wage and was there to be a back-up and maybe break through but couldn't. 6 months later Bowyer made a profit on him that could be put towards another striker. Good business in the end
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    I imagine because he was free and had looked unplayable in L1 the season before. Probably didn't need a big wage and was there to be a back-up and maybe break through but couldn't. 6 months later Bowyer made a profit on him that could be put towards another striker. Good business in the end
    Free in the sense that there was no purchase price but one has to offset his wage against any ultimate profit - he contributed absolutely zero in terms of impact on the results of games. We kept being told by Bowyer that Aneke couldn't start matches and he treated him likewise after his move. Potentially Birmingham could have been left with someone incapable of scoring or even playing but drawing a wage, more than we were prepared to pay him so I would guesstimate at least £500K per annum. That doesn't really sound to me as being "risk free".
  • Options
    absolutely shocking

how we let these 2 go i will never understand
  • Options

Fresh ego kid jumper...pointing to the camera. 31 years old

Tad cringe but there you go.

It's a record breaking huge loan move to Birmingham city where they will probably stay up anyway.

He'll most likely net 4 or 5 goals in 19 games  

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Had a lot of time for Bowyer, but admittedly lost quite a bit of respect for him in that final stretch with us - all starting from the moment he complained about the fans not being loud enough in a game where his side served up absolute dross.

From then onwards it was downhill and his attitude seemed to just get worse. 
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    Bowyer and Taylor are perfectly fine together.
    Bowyer spun a line to the media about Taylor downing tools to galvanise the squad in fight of relegation. 

The same for Solly?
  • Options
    Puts Brum 1 up at Derby 
  • Options
    Jesus
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Puts Brum 1 up at Derby 
    Forest player scores against Derby.

That will go down well.

Nice side foot finish across the keeper too.
  • Options
    Good finish
    Cnut
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Done more for Forest fans in 7 minutes as a Birmingham player than he did in 18 months as a forest one. 
    Forest have felt the wrong club for a good few players of late now