Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Least Plausible Story involving you that's true.

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

It was at Knebworth.
    Neither of them had heard of Jimmy Seed.

A lot of addicks haven't either.
  • iainment said:

JamesSeed said:

It was at Knebworth.

So all these Charlton fans sit there in the North, East and West stands looking at the name above the Jimmy Seed Stand and don’t know who he is ? I’ll grant you there are probably a few youngsters who might not but that’s not what you meant.
  • iainment said:

JamesSeed said:

It was at Knebworth.

So all these Charlton fans sit there in the North, East and West stands looking at the name above the Jimmy Seed Stand and don’t know who he is ? I’ll grant you there are probably a few youngsters who might not but that’s not what you meant.
    I meant there are layers of knowledge in fans.
    Many take little interest in stuff that happened before their time. And, let's face it, Jimmy Seed's time at Charlton ended in 1956.
  • iainment said:

iainment said:

JamesSeed said:

It was at Knebworth.

I meant there are layers of knowledge in fans.
    Many take little interest in stuff that happened before their time. And, let's face it, Jimmy Seed's time at Charlton ended in 1956.
    Troll

• If only his name was emblazoned somewhere in the stadium. On a stand perhaps.
  • McBobbin said:

If only his name was emblazoned somewhere in the stadium. On a stand perhaps.

Maybe a statue might be in order?
  • McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

If only his name was emblazoned somewhere in the stadium. On a stand perhaps.

Maybe a statue might be in order?
    Yes. Right next to that we already have of Thomas Myhre.
    Troll.
    ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• During Euro 96 I was working as a volunteer for the FA.

On the Friday before the opening match, I collected the kit for the first game against Switz, drove it to (old) Wembley and placed each of the bags under a peg in the dressing room. Each bag had a post-it note with the player's name on it - very professional for a national team playing at home!

We won.
  • Moody Adams pen draw weren’t it?
  • Moody Adams pen draw weren’t it?

Aye, 1-1...Pearce handball I think gave away the pen. Pretty sure Woy was their manager too.
  • I’d have been tempted to dust the inside Rooneys shorts with pepper just for the craic.
  • TEL said:

I’ve got two sisters, both called Lorraine.

Actually I just found out I have a third sister but to my relief her name isn’t Lorraine. However I also found that I have another 4 brothers to go with the three I already had.
  • Sponsored links:

• I’d have been tempted to dust the inside Rooneys shorts with pepper just for the craic.

he was about eight or nine at the time
    That’ll teach me to skim read.

Still think it should’ve been done though.

• Probably bored them shitless.

Probably would have done Robbo.
  • cafcpolo said:

We won.

Did we? I must have watched a different game.

Maybe we drew - it was 22 years ago and I can't remember (my bad).
  • cafcpolo said:

We won.

Did we? I must have watched a different game.

Maybe we drew - it was 22 years ago and I can't remember (my bad).
    You get a flag now for confessing you can't remember a footy score from 22 years ago ?
    Wow. tough crowd.
    You may have received it for (my bad).