Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Teams you hate international edition

Comments

• Options
    Yes the won the final without him but that was 1 match and more to do with France falling apart under pressure.
    Home Tournament
    Favourites to win
    Ronaldo off injured(which made them even more favourites)
    The pressure got to them.

Lets face it Portugual won 1 match in 90 minutes in the whole of Euro 2016.

Love the fact you mention Messi's tax dodging considering Ronaldo was just given a £16.4 Million fine and suspended sentence for Tax Evasion
  • Options

ireland/scotland/wales i dont care about, what gets me is the whole anti english stuff, they could only dream of getting to and dissapointing in major competitions.

its the fans of ireland who are annoying the constant videos of the boys having the craic was tedious at euro 2016, roy keane was spot on that until that mentality changes that they are there for a laugh they will never progress.

a lot of these african sides im not liking constantly rolling around the floor and looking for fouls just pissing me off now, thankfully egypt and morocco are now gone and hopefully soon to be saudi arabia.

I know this is not appropriate to the thread, but Roy Keane can f*ck right off in discussions about international football after engineering his departure from the Irish team in Saipan in 2002.

I don't care what country you represent, it should always be the pinnacle of your career to represent your nation at the highest possible level (I'm a dinosaur, I know).

He let down the rest of the squad and the whole of Ireland coming out with the big I am (he set up an interview on RTE with him sitting in front of a concrete wall, so that it looked like conditions were grim, when swing the camera in virtually any other direction would have shown a 5 star resort, world class golf course, palm trees, blue skies and pristine sandy beaches).

There were issues, but you don't address them by f*cking everyone else over, and you particularly don't do it by waiting until just after the deadline for replacing players in the squad...

It was all about him, he couldn't give a toss about anyone else (and, given how crap the World Cup was that year, and the way the matches panned out, Ireland had the best chance it would ever have of doing something impressive).

As for international teams, in the spirit of Irish begrudgery that a few seem annoyed about I'll say England that I don't really hate any team, and like to support the underdogs.

I do, however, hate the UK TV commentators, even if their occasional timely reminder about 1966 is useful, because it's not like anyone ever talks about it (I also hate BBC's Jackie Fullerton for Norn Irn games and RTE's George Hamilton when Ireland are playing, and anything that involves Jim Beglin).
  • Options
    Uzbekistan.

(oh, and the Germans)
  • Options
    Argentina for me. Nothing like playing the argies to stir me up.
  • Options
    Wales
    Brazil (Not in the past but their new crop of players)
    Spain (Purely because of Ramos & Carvahal)
    Russia (Stolen a World Cup with dirty money)
  • Options
    Wales
    Scotland
    Ireland
    Argentina
    Uruguay
    USA
    Pointless teams like San Marino and Liechtenstein.
  • Options

iainment said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Australia in any sport. Convict Bastards.
    The Germans.
    The Jocks.

This. 100%

And anyone England are playing at the time. So Thursday - hate Panama, Sunday - hate the Belgians. Especially "our" one.
    We play Panama on Sunday
    Noted and amended my post.
  • Options

Republic of Ireland, because my Grandad was from there and he was a complete cunt.

Ditto to that....

But Argentina and Portugal, can't stand Ronaldo.

No time for Italy either...filthy bastards.
  • Options
    Argentina
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Republic of Ireland, because my Grandad was from there and he was a complete cunt.

Ditto to that....

But Argentina and Portugal, can't stand Ronaldo.

No time for Italy either...filthy bastards.
    How did you know Brendans grandad?
  • Options
    In order.

Scotland, Argentina, Wales, Portugal, Germany and Brazil.

Not really fussed about anyone else
  • Options
    Since 7pm, Iran.
  • Options
    England fans hate England fans from the sound of things

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44553686
  • Options
    Always had a disliking of Iran because of that bloody Flock of Seagulls song.
  • Options

Always had a disliking of Iran because of that bloody Flock of Seagulls song.

Brilliant
  • Options
    Kyrgyzstan because it sounds like Crystal Palace. Well, a bit anyway.
  • Options

Have you taken something haha
  • Options

Have you taken something haha
    Goodness me, no.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

Japan, South Korea, for obvious reasons.

Used to dislike Portugal as they knocked England out a couple times in the World Cup/European Cup.

Germany because too many people here pretend to be football fans by 'supporting' the champions. Plus whenever a major tournament comes around there'll be a lot of girls on social media posting photos of German players and writing silly things about how good-looking the German squad is. And a lot of them think the head coach of Germany is handsome. Ridiculous...

What are the obvious reasons for South Korea?
    Japan I understand if it's to do with history.
    A bit like local rivals. In addition to that, South Korea has a tradition of cheating in international sports. Not just football. They attempt to win at all costs. Besides they often claim a lot of Chinese things (including land, cultural figures and traditional holidays) as theirs. For example they think Confucius is Korean...
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    In 3 weeks all of them.
    At the moment Portugal for being so fucking lucky, and Israel for being too smug to qualify.
    Ah, and Australia. If you ever witnessed this lot winning...
  • Options

Lucky Mali for escaping the clutches of your phonetic logic.
    Or have they..?
  • Options

Wales
    Scotland
    Ireland
    Argentina
    Uruguay
    USA
    Pointless teams like San Marino and Liechtenstein.

Bit harsh isn’t it?
  • Options
    Scotland
    Ireland
    Wales
    Argentina
    Brazil
    Turkey
  • Options
    No. All they do is clog up qualifying groups and set out to spoil. Celebrate if only lose two nil.
  • Options
    Scotland.

Took great joy watching the 1978 documentary last week.

Ally McLeod was a genius.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Scotland for obvious reasons.
    France because they're French.
    Turkey ever since they killed the 2 Leeds fans. That Euro 2004 qualifier at the Stadium of Light is one of the best England atmospheres i can remember.
    Germany because they always win.
  • Options
    Team I want us to trash every time? - France

Team I dislike most? - Argentina

Always cheer on the plucky Home Nations