Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

School Sports days soon to be a thing of the past?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-44466618

Same thing happened at my boys school last week.

Comments

• The picture was enough to stop me reading any further. Grown ups high fiving each other is cringe worthy.
  • I don't understand why parents are there.
  • How sad do you have to be... deary me.
  • edited June 2018
    It is good that parents are there as long as they are supportive of all the kids. As a youth football coach I have seen some very poor behaviour from parents. But actually the worst was in a Greek league where a rabid parent was urging 10 year olds to break a player's legs! Fortunately, our league is very hot, in terms of clamping down on this. We have actually avoided signing a good player because of his dad!

The general rule for spectating parents should be, if you can't say something positive, don't say it at all.
  • Fake news.
  • Doesn't surprise me. We had a parents race last year and are having it again this year. The example they set to their kids was awful.

Was never a fan of sports day!
  • Can't believe in this day and age they haven't got VAR.
  • bellz2002 said:

Doesn't surprise me. We had a parents race last year and are having it again this year. The example they set to their kids was awful.

Only cos you didn't win! :wink:
  • They obviously didn't win by a large enough margin. Usually the Parents of wannabe Athletes reliving their childhood. Shame on them.
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

bellz2002 said:

Doesn't surprise me. We had a parents race last year and are having it again this year. The example they set to their kids was awful.

Only cos you didn't win! :wink:
    I play the part of the class teacher sitting at the sides with my head in my hands :lol:
  • Had some experience reffing junior teams, and you know what I am going to say - nightmare parents.

BUT..........
    I played in a dads v boys junior school cricket match, with the Headmaster as umpire.
    When I asked him who was keeping the score etc, he said "me, because the boys will win it in the last over"

I was batting in the last over, and sure enough the Head announced that the dads needed 4 off the last ball.
    We ran 2 and I was run-out.
    The boys were thrilled.

I knew we had beaten them in reality, but the defeat was more than worth it as the boys celebrated like they had won the World Cup.

Happy times, now seemingly disappearing.