Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jay Dasilva

Just read in the Mirror that Frank Lampard is interested in signing Dasilva for Derby. Could be a good move for the boy, don't think he was ever going to break into Chelskis first team.

Comments

• Vincenzo said:

Why on earth would he go to Derby when he can take his pick of any position he likes at Charlton. Left Back, Finance Officer, CEO. Whatever you fancy Jay.

Hadn't thought of that! Mind you, in 11 or so months he could be playing Premiership football...maybe that's why?

• Wonder what his hopes for the new season are... Not sure if he's gone out to Australia with the Chelsea team (despite Kasey Palmer and Hudson-Odoi going) as isnt in the team to face Perth Glory today

• edited July 2018
    I'm amazed Michael Hector is still there. It was a bizarre signing 3 years ago, he was hardly a sought after youngster when they bought him
  • I'm amazed Michael Hector is still there. It was a bizarre signing 3 years ago, he was hardly a sought after youngster then they bought him

26 years old, has been on loan at 14 clubs. Jesus.
  • edited July 2018

Da Silva will never play for Chelsea. Fact.

I wonder if Kasey Palmer ever will.

Pretty unhealthy for the game the way Chelsea hoover up talent that are never going to play for them. I'm sure part of it is to keep them out of the hands of rivals.
  • Wonder what his hopes for the new season are... Not sure if he's gone out to Australia with the Chelsea team (despite Kasey Palmer and Hudson-Odoi going) as isnt in the team to face Perth Glory today

I think they are looking for a player named Lake, then they will have Emerson, Lake and Palmer
    Toshio Lake is a 17 year old Dutch striker who currently plays for Feyenoord
  • Vincenzo said:

Pretty unhealthy for the game the way Chelsea hoover up talent that are never going to play for them. I'm sure part of it is to keep them out of the hands of rivals.
    Thought Kasey Palmer was joining Derby this summer, wasnt clear when I read though if it was only a loan deal or not
  • Sponsored links:

• Vincenzo said:

Thought Kasey Palmer was joining Derby this summer, wasnt clear when I read though if it was only a loan deal or not
    Yeah I think I read he was going permanently but doesn't seem to have happened (yet).
  • Vincenzo said:

Yeah I think I read he was going permanently but doesn't seem to have happened (yet).
    Conte being replaced by Serri has probably put a slim spanner in the works there
  • I'm amazed Michael Hector is still there. It was a bizarre signing 3 years ago, he was hardly a sought after youngster then they bought him

26 years old, has been on loan at 14 clubs. Jesus.
    Lease lend player.

Saw this advert in "Football Manager Monthly":

"If you need to borrow a player, choose Chelsea!"

"Cheap player leasing. Choose from every position. New Summer catalogue. Available now!"
    https://www.chelseafc.com/megastore

• That actually is there policy. It makes them massive profits as well. They royally ballsed up 4 very high profile ones, generally it works for them.
  • That Chelsea team is full of big name players, who all missed out on the World Cup! A reflection on how well they played last season...
  • Vincenzo said:

Conte being replaced by Serri has probably put a slim spanner in the works there
    Is Serri an anorexic former Millwall player?
  • There should be rules in place to prevent stockpiling of players. i.e. if a player between the ages of 16-21 hasn't played 20 (as an example) league games for you in a certain period of time then you have to release / sell them.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

That actually is there policy. It makes them massive profits as well. They royally ballsed up 4 very high profile ones, generally it works for them.

Sold over 500m worth of players since Jan 2014.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

That actually is there policy. It makes them massive profits as well. They royally ballsed up 4 very high profile ones, generally it works for them.

They also sold Lukaku, De Bruyne and Salah for a fraction of what they are now worth.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

They also sold Lukaku, De Bruyne and Salah for a fraction of what they are now worth.
    True but i guess it's natural the way they do things that there will be some young players who don't get a chance there but then go on to do very well elsewhere. But overall i don't think they'll be too unhappy with shifting 500m of players in 4 years.

And it's not as if they haven't been winning trophies since those 3 left.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2018

Cafc43v3r said:

And Matic, had to buy him back at a big loss, generally works well.
  • edited July 2018

Cafc43v3r said:

True but i guess it's natural the way they do things that there will be some young players who don't get a chance there but then go on to do very well elsewhere. But overall i don't think they'll be too unhappy with shifting 500m of players in 4 years.

How much have they spent in that time tho.

This year
    52m on Jorginho

last year they spent
    30M on Rudiger
    40M on Bakayoko
    58M on Morata(who they wouldnt have needed had that not sold Lukaku
    23M on Zappacosta
    35M on Drinkwater
    18M on Giroud
    17M on Emmerson
    15M on Barkley

Then the year before
    35M on Batshuayi
    32M on Kante
    23M on Alonso
    30M on Luiz

The year before
    14M on Rahman
    22M on Pedro
  • Cafc43v3r said:

This year
    52m on Jorginho

last year they spent
    30M on Rudiger
    40M on Bakayoko
    23M on Zappacosta
    35M on Drinkwater
    18M on Giroud
    17M on Emmerson
    15M on Barkley

Then the year before
    35M on Batshuayi
    32M on Kante
    23M on Alonso
    30M on Luiz

The year before
    14M on Rahman
    22M on Pedro
    But that's the whole point isn't it. Their hoovering up and selling on of young talent allows them to invest heavily in their first team squad without just relying on Abramovich's pocket
  • Cafc43v3r said:

This year
    52m on Jorginho

last year they spent
    30M on Rudiger
    40M on Bakayoko
    23M on Zappacosta
    35M on Drinkwater
    18M on Giroud
    17M on Emmerson
    15M on Barkley

Then the year before
    35M on Batshuayi
    32M on Kante
    23M on Alonso
    30M on Luiz

The year before
    14M on Rahman
    22M on Pedro
    But that's the whole point isn't it. Their hoovering up and selling on of young talent allows them to invest heavily in their first team squad without just relying on Abramovich's pocket
    Selling of young talent isnt what they are doing.

Most of that 500M had comr from selling Ramires, Costa and Matic
  • heard on the radio that Chelsea now only spend money from income. This has happened the last couple of years.
  • IT_Andy said:

heard on the radio that Chelsea now only spend money from income. This has happened the last couple of years.

Yeah income from Roman Abramovich lol.

Cant be player sales.

Last season they earnt around 160M from player sales 50M of that came in January from Costa

They spent around £240.

I know there is sponsorship and everything but with wages and agents fees I doubt the finished ahead
  • Read somewhere that Chelsea’s Academy is judged on profit and loss instead of getting players to make the first team.

Obviously, no team wants to loose millions of pounds but if your academy is producing; Harry Kane, Rashford etc then you would have to deem that as a success.
  • IT_Andy said:

heard on the radio that Chelsea now only spend money from income. This has happened the last couple of years.

Yeah income from Roman Abramovich lol.

Cant be player sales.

Last season they earnt around 160M from player sales 50M of that came in January from Costa

They spent around £240.

I know there is sponsorship and everything but with wages and agents fees I doubt the finished ahead
    Abramovich doesn't subsidise them now, they're self sufficient and made a profit last year.

They got over 140m from Sky plus whatever they made in the champions league. Add that to their player sales and it's well over 300m even before ticket sales, merchandise and sponsorship.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

This year
    52m on Jorginho

last year they spent
    30M on Rudiger
    40M on Bakayoko
    23M on Zappacosta
    35M on Drinkwater
    18M on Giroud
    17M on Emmerson
    15M on Barkley

Then the year before
    35M on Batshuayi
    32M on Kante
    23M on Alonso
    30M on Luiz

The year before
    14M on Rahman
    22M on Pedro
    Selling of young talent isnt what they are doing.

Most of that 500M had comr from selling Ramires, Costa and Matic
    124m is not most of 500m.

But again, you're missing the point. The point is that they're buying and selling first team players, and supplementing their income by dealing in young players who will never make the first team but go for a profit, meaning that they can invest more on bringing players in and still be in the black. Matic was a good example initially. They signed him for £1.58m and when he wasn't developing enough for them sold him for £4.5m. Easy profit, no risk. The fact he developed and then they brought him back (and then sold him for yet another profit) doesn't even figure into it, because as far as they're concerned they sold an asset that wasn't affecting the first team and then bought an asset later to go into the team. Thorgan Hazard was signed for £450,000 and sold for £7.2m, with the option to buy him back for cheap if they fancy it. That's an extra nearly £7m in the bank to throw at first team signings and as far as they're concerned they've lost nothing. It's not great for football but it's a good plan given that Roman doesn't want to keep dipping into his pocket every time they drop out of the top 2