Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welling Friendly - Sat 14th July (now 12.30 ko)

Comments

• Options

Bowyer revealed another trialist will link up with his squad on Monday.

He added: “There are some trialists that will come in and stay and some will go. We’ll be honest with them and we’ll see.

“We’ve got one trialist coming in on Monday.

“He’s a midfielder, one of these siting midfielders. I’m sure you’ll know who it is on Tuesday.”

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/946241735?-11197:833
  • Options
    ross1 said:

He added: “There are some trialists that will come in and stay and some will go. We’ll be honest with them and we’ll see.

“He’s a midfielder, one of these siting midfielders. I’m sure you’ll know who it is on Tuesday.”

Got a feeling it might be diego poyet. Think hes gonna be around very soon
  • Options
    There will be more on trial at Charlton, than at the Old Bailey
  • Options

ross1 said:

Seriously?
  • Options
    Iv told Bowyer I can't make Tuesday, I'm Wednesday's Triallist. I'm carrying a long term injury and am shit player, but hey ho, that's not in the criteria is it.
  • Options
    Who do we play Tuesday? It’s not on the OS fixture list so I assume it’s an U23 game.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Who do we play Tuesday? It’s not on the OS fixture list so I assume it’s an U23 game.

Cambridge united
  • Options

Iv told Bowyer I can't make Tuesday, I'm Wednesday's Triallist. I'm carrying a long term injury and am shit player, but hey ho, that's not in the criteria is it.

That's a pretty long term injury you've got.

No wonder you can't make Tuesday, you died 4 years ago.

• Options

There will be more on trial at Charlton, than at the Old Bailey

2 Charlton players (potentially) on trial already...
  • Options
    First half

Sarr shite. Overweight and slow
    Page decent
    Dawkins didn’t do a lot
    Maloney was intelligent and covered a lot of ground
    Ajose just pissed me off with his swagger

Second half
    Blumberg good
    Ward ok
    Igor fluffed a header
    Taylor looks good

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

First half

Sarr shite. Overweight and slow
    Page decent
    Dawkins didn’t do a lot
    Maloney was intelligent and covered a lot of ground
    Ajose just pissed me off with his swagger

Second half
    Blumberg good
    Ward ok
    Igor fluffed a header
    Taylor looks good

The other players "never turned up?" :smile:

• Options
    Sorry. Who is Blumberg ?
  • Options
    Australian centre back who signed for our u23s about a year ago.
  • Options

Sorry. Who is Blumberg ?

Aussie kid in u23s
  • Options
    Thank you
  • Options

ross1 said:

I also have got a feeling it may well be Poyet. And goodness me does he need to sort his career out and play regularly now, he is 23 and never played a full season for anyone.
  • Options
    Hes definitely back in greenwich saw on his instagram he was near the o2 today looked like he was on a flat balcony. With thenway bowyer said you will know.who he is by tueaday made me think its him
  • Options

Hes definitely back in greenwich saw on his instagram he was near the o2 today looked like he was on a flat balcony. With thenway bowyer said you will know.who he is by tueaday made me think its him

He has been back in London since May.

• Options

Exactly and with the “sitting midfielder” part of the quote as well, it backs up the point as that is Poyet down to the ground. He left Cyprus and is now out of contract.

On another note, where was Dijksteel today?! @Redhenry do you know anything or does he have a slight injury?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Australian centre back who signed for our u23s about a year ago.

but played left back today and did well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

Exactly and with the “sitting midfielder” part of the quote as well, it backs up the point as that is Poyet down to the ground. He left Cyprus and is now out of contract.

On another note, where was Dijksteel today?! @Redhenry do you know anything or does he have a slight injury?
    There was an U23S game today too so he may have been there.
  • Options

I read that to mean he’ll be playing Tuesday night.
  • Options
    Not much to call between the sides first half. Charlton were guilty of being too over-elaborate when in the Welling box and Welling carried a threat st the other end. The Charlton second-hand side did better but that might have been Welling tiring. 2-1 a fair result in front of a disappointing gate of 1020 - Half what would typically be there for this fixture.
  • Options

If it is Poyet, he should expect to have to prove himself at U23 level again before he walks into the first team. He starts at ground zero if I was in charge.

Hasn’t he already proved himself in our first team though ? I doubt there were many of us who didn’t think he was heading for very good things once he left us. I’m sure LB will know enough about midfielders to either recognise something or send him packing.

• Options
    Special note for Albie Morgan. I like the look of him. First time I’ve seen him but like the look of him
  • Options

If it is Poyet, he should expect to have to prove himself at U23 level again before he walks into the first team. He starts at ground zero if I was in charge.

We dont have that luxury, we have a small squad, if he comes in he needs to play
  • Options

We dont have that luxury, we have a small squad, if he comes in he needs to play
    At the moment I'd put Morgan, Maloney and others ahead of him because they've proved themselves deserving of a chance in the first team. Poyet has only squandered his opportunities wherever he's gone since leaving us.

He has potential and that potential can't magically disappear. That's the only basis on which I'd offer him a deal and as such, he needs to prove himself before walking into the team again.