Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Laptop repair

Can anyone recommend a repair shop in SE or Central London. turned my laptop off saturday morning turned it back on 5 hours later & nothing !!!

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018
    Have you tried taking the battery out and waiting a minute before putting it back in ?
    It could be to do with a Windows 10 update, which always gives my laptop temporary glitches (resolved as above).
  • Options
    Always use Diskworld in Welling. Had laptops and Desktops fixed there. Very honest, if they think it'll be too expensive to repair they'll tell you it ain't worth it.

0208 304 3040. Very close to Welling FC
  • Options
    Creative IT in SE1. They have fixed my laptop and my PlayStation 4...... 2 years on both running like new

The Willows, Unit 1, 80 Willow Walk, London SE1 5SY

020 7237 6805
  • Options
    Google the symptoms, if it's fixable it'll be on the web somewhere. I've fixed tv, laptops, ps3, washing machine and all other bits and bobs around the house. I'm not a trained tech person or electrican.
  • Options

Can anyone recommend a repair shop in SE or Central London. turned my laptop off saturday morning turned it back on 5 hours later & nothing !!!

Thanks

You've already used up all your options to fix it.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I looked up local computer repairs then online reviews. Found one who picked it up on my doorstep at an agreed time and returned it 2 days later - they had to order a part - and price was very reasonable. My one is in Herts, but have you tried that? My google search was laptop repair my town!

http://www.laptoprepairwelwyn.co.uk/
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

Google the symptoms, if it's fixable it'll be on the web somewhere. I've fixed tv, laptops, ps3, washing machine and all other bits and bobs around the house. I'm not a trained tech person or electrican.

he would do, but his laptop isn't working.

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

PopIcon said:

he would do, but his laptop isn't working.

He managed to post on here :)
  • Options
    Thanks for all comments :smile:
  • Options
    have you threatened it hugely and hit it with a stick yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know an excellent place which I and my family have used many times and would certainly recommend as they are very reasonable.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

You should have married my Mrs.
    All the things I can't do you fu$$%$g can.
    I think I might hate you
  • Options
  • Options
    Diskworld Welling, sorted my daughters laptop out for me
  • Options

Have you tried taking the battery out and waiting a minute before putting it back in ?
    It could be to do with a Windows 10 update, which always gives my laptop temporary glitches (resolved as above).

Barman give that man a pint ............. Never even considered that, removed battery, left it for 5 minutes plugged it into the mains & it sparked into life. I have windows 8.1 so not a 10 update, bloody weird but thanks CE & to all other posters :smile:
  • Options

Barman give that man a pint ............. Never even considered that, removed battery, left it for 5 minutes plugged it into the mains & it sparked into life. I have windows 8.1 so not a 10 update, bloody weird but thanks CE & to all other posters :smile:
    Good stuff.
  • Options
    OK, now just to be on the safe side, back everything up in case it dies again.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

OK, now just to be on the safe side, back everything up in case it dies again.

Yes thanks practically everything was, I learnt my lesson the hardway with my previous laptop :-(