Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Absolute radio - O'C breakfast show

Anyone else gutted it's over?

Comments

• Options
    Yep. Listened in the mornings for so long, Friday was pretty sad going at the end. Had got in to work early and was listening with earphones in. Told my assistant to save any questions until I took them out after 10am.
  • Options
    Yes, very sad. I like Dave Berry, but not as much.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    TelMc32 said:

Yep. Listened in the mornings for so long, Friday was pretty sad going at the end. Had got in to work early and was listening with earphones in. Told my assistant to save any questions until I took them out after 10am.

I've been grieving since Friday mate as if someone has died Ridiculous. I'm a 38 year old bloke ffs!

This is what did me in

The bit at 1.23 when poor old Richie goes did me in ha ha.

Actually used to use the same gym as Christian a few years ago and used to chat to him in there regularly. Top bloke and pretty gutted that won't be waking up to that as have listened to it every morning for 10+ years.

Really didn't think I would be that bothered but it's been a hilarious constant in a pretty grim decade (news and economy wise) to start the day with.

At least it is a good Charlton lad in Dave Berry stepping into his big shoes and that Matt with him is a funny bloke too.

You don't know what you got til it's gone!
  • Options
    Nice to put a face to the voice.
  • Options
    I loved waking up with OC and Ritchie every day. They got me through many rainy mornings, train delays and boring work shifts. Will miss them a lot.
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

I've been grieving since Friday mate as if someone has died Ridiculous. I'm a 38 year old bloke ffs!

This is what did me in

The bit at 1.23 when poor old Richie goes did me in ha ha.

Actually used to use the same gym as Christian a few years ago and used to chat to him in there regularly. Top bloke and pretty gutted that won't be waking up to that as have listened to it every morning for 10+ years.

Really didn't think I would be that bothered but it's been a hilarious constant in a pretty grim decade (news and economy wise) to start the day with.

At least it is a good Charlton lad in Dave Berry stepping into his big shoes and that Matt with him is a funny bloke too.

You don't know what you got til it's gone!
    Used to work just off Oxford Street, in Great Titchfield Street and would often see him up there. Always really friendly. Had a friend who felt exactly the same way about Moyles a few years ago. She lived on her own & used to wake up to his show every day. “Unique” how they get into the fabric of your life.

Dave & Dyson should be good. Surprised Bushy didn’t get it to be honest. Always like his taste in music a bit more too.
  • Options
    Listened to him on XFM, didn’t make the transition to Virgin. Good broadcaster though not quite to my taste. Don’t even listen to XFM anymore or whatever it’s called.
  • Options
    you think you've got it bad......I listen to Radio 2's Drivetime show & its been ruined by now having Jo Wiley co-present with Simon Mayo.

All in the name of equality ffs !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

you think you've got it bad......I listen to Radio 2's Drivetime show & its been ruined by now having Jo Wiley co-present with Simon Mayo.

Just about the worst and most unfathomable decision ever made in British broadcasting. Such uncomfortable listening, It cannot last.
  • Options
    Have i missed out on something here ?
    Never listened to it - never even knew about it.
    What made it good?
  • Options

Have i missed out on something here ?
    Never listened to it - never even knew about it.
    What made it good?

Always upbeat and humorous. Excellent chemistry between the two hosts. Hilarious calls with fans and regular features.

Interspersed with decent music too.

Very unpretentious and authentic. Won't have been for everyone but I loved it as it was a great uplifting way to start each day amid the quagmire of shit weather, depressing news and commuting misery.

Definitely missing it today as my 20 minute late train trundles through new cross at a snails pace.

• Options
    Sounds a bit like ChrisTarrant show on Capital.
  • Options
    Why have they changed it?
  • Options

Why have they changed it?

On reading up about the show, it seems that O'Connell is emigrating......to Oz.
  • Options
    Christian is moving to Australia with his family

I'm pretty gutted, massively gutted in fact. I was homeless for breakfast radio after BamBam and streetboy left Kiss 100 until me and my car and van share buddy found Christian O'Connell. A lot of genuine belly laughs on our schlep up the M20 or A2

Dave Berry is a decent replacement I'm still sad Ritchie and Christian are not doing it anymore
  • Options

Make you right mate. Maybe start a thread on this show. Been listening to drive on 2 for years but this show is embarrassing.
  • Options
    Gutted it’s gone been listening since I was an apprentice, well over 4 year/5 years. I like Dave Berry but found the OC and Richie hilarious. Enjoyed hitlers toilet immensely.
  • Options
    OC was always my breakfast show of choice after the Treehouse went, missed the last show on Friday as I was away but slightly in bits from that video. Richie was always the butt of his jokes but to see him in tears showed how much those two got on, a proper radio marriage if you like.

Watch the two of them playing battleships, utterly brilliant and real laugh out loud stuff.

Will miss the OC but DB is a decent replacement along with Matt Dyson who is as grumpy as most of us are usually in the morning.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is how I felt when XFM got rid of Jon Holmes for that waste of space Chris Moyles...
  • Options
    Aaaaghhh. Chris Moyles and Johnny Vaughan. I can't bear them for more than 5 mins max.

Does anyone genuinely like listening to either of them ?
  • Options

Aaaaghhh. Chris Moyles and Johnny Vaughan. I can't bear them for more than 5 mins max.

Chris Moyles yes, Vaughan no.
  • Options
    Last time I was this gutted was when Evans left Virgin.

O’C and Richie made the early morning drive ins a lot more bearable.

Looking forward to seeing how Dave Berry gets on though.
  • Options

Chris Moyles has his moments but he annoyed me intensely when we'd be half way to work by the time he'd even played a record
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Last time I was this gutted was when Evans left Virgin.

O’C and Richie made the early morning drive ins a lot more bearable.

Looking forward to seeing how Dave Berry gets on though.

Jonathan Ross covering for Evans when he was away was some of the funniest radio I've heard.
    Ross was just starting to get a foothold back in the national media at the time and sounded as though he'd been given carte blanche to take the piss as much as he wanted...which he duely did!
  • Options
    Oh and why we're at it Jason Manford one of the most unfunny comedians, is also a shite DJ. (Absolute Sunday mornings).
  • Options
    Frank Skinner and his droning sidekicks on Saturday mornings are utter shite.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Frank Skinner and his droning sidekicks on Saturday mornings are utter shite.

It's rather slow, but Skinner is very quick witted. He's better than Manford.
  • Options

I like Vaughan, I know he's marmite.