Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Abramovic UK visa not renewed!!

13»

Comments

• Options

And now, Bill Browder is arrested in Spain - Spain! - on a dodgy Russian Red Notice. Which of course is the name of his book, which I highly recommend, even if it won't improve your general mood.

Bill Browder has more financail resources than all of us on here put together, but it doesn't make him any less brave. Anyone worried about Putin, get on social media and tell those idiots in Spain to release him forthwith.

I have such mixed feelings about him because he made a tremendous amount of money in the Post-Soviet Kleptocracy, so my default reaction is to kind of hate him. But as you say, he is also incredibly brave to speak out in the way he did, and he has undoubtedly helped to shape our view of Putin's Russia in a way that few other individuals here in the west have.
  • Options
    I believe Roman now gets to live his first ten years as an Israeli citizen ..... tax free. Nice gig if you can get it.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

And now, Bill Browder is arrested in Spain - Spain! - on a dodgy Russian Red Notice. Which of course is the name of his book, which I highly recommend, even if it won't improve your general mood.

Bill Browder has more financail resources than all of us on here put together, but it doesn't make him any less brave. Anyone worried about Putin, get on social media and tell those idiots in Spain to release him forthwith.

I have such mixed feelings about him because he made a tremendous amount of money in the Post-Soviet Kleptocracy, so my default reaction is to kind of hate him. But as you say, he is also incredibly brave to speak out in the way he did, and he has undoubtedly helped to shape our view of Putin's Russia in a way that few other individuals here in the west have.
    That's an entirely understandable view, @SDAddick. But have you read his book? I had the same view as you, and it changed my mind. I think it changed his mind about what is important in life. It's not just the book either. He is on Twitter, taking on Putin every day. No amount of money buys that level of courage, and as we see from this episode, the threat is real enough.

• Options
    News worthy of putting in a cheeky offer for Dasilva ?
  • Options
    £1bn for a stadium was pretty horrendous for a start, and with cost overruns god knows what the final figure would be!

Roman was hoping for outside investors to help pay for it, I imagine with the current uncertainty, they've all run a mile!
  • Options
    where would they play while it's getting built?

• Options
    Chances of him having to sell up and Chelsea going back to being pre 2004 bang average ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RA sticking two fingers up the UK economy
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Chances of him having to sell up and Chelsea going back to being pre 2004 bang average ?

oh yes please !!!!

• Options

RA sticking two fingers up the UK economy

Seems like it's the other way around. His visa not being renewed might make investment more difficult for himself.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Chelsea these days must be relatively cost neutral, as in recent years the spending hasn't been massive (in comparison to Utd and City), and Chelsea have also recouped money through surprising player sales (e.g. Matic to Man U)

I imagine if Roman sold them, they'd find a buyer anyway.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:

Same thought just crossed my mind. I wonder how realistic that is.
  • Options

Just in front of their own penalty area. In two banks of five. As usual.
  • Options
    Chelsea are now are world brand. There would be plenty of mega rich interested in buying them.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Just in front of their own penalty area. In two banks of five. As usual.
    To be fair Mourinho left a couple of seasons ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018

Please let it be Millwall :-)
  • Options

Well I’m not sure that the Fulham owner would want Chelsea playing at his Wembley and doubt spurs or Arsenal would want them either
  • Options

Well I’m not sure that the Fulham owner would want Chelsea playing at his Wembley and doubt spurs or Arsenal would want them either
    The Fulham owner would be very happy to receive the rent from Chelsea (or anyone else) to use Wembley, as it's not as if it's going to be used for most of the year
  • Options
    Putting this article here for now, but maybe needs to go in the Russia thread in the Politics section.

It is an excellent summary of exactly how Abramovic made his money, and also confirms what i always understood, that any idea he was always a football fan, in the way that we are, is bullshit.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/nov/24/roman-abramovich-chelsea-russia-wealth-visa