Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ray Wilson RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    Great player and part of our football history
    RIP Ray
  • Options
    R.I.P. Ray.
  • Options
    RIP, one of a small, rare bread of English footballers.
  • Options
    RIP Ray......RIP.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Ray
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Sad to hear this
  • Options

Very sad news. Saw him play at the Valley in the early 60's for Huddersfield. RIP.

I too saw him play for Huddersfield. Didn’t he own a funeral Directors?

• Options
    Legend. RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sleep tight Ray

you

Rest In Peace as a legend of English football even if your own story was one that was under estimated and not as popular
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Very sad news. Saw him play at the Valley in the early 60's for Huddersfield. RIP.

Family business I think.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Yes Dick, successful business man when he gave up playing.

I think I read that he couldn't make the World Cup 50th Anniversary event two years ago because of his health.

Of the remaining members of the team, Bobby Charlton, Roger Hunt and Geoff Hurst are doing ok, but Peters, Stiles, Banks, Jack Charlton and George Cohen. are not so good I believe.

Best wishes to them all, wherever and however they are.

What a team.

I just despair of what Sky and the Premier League has done to the football i once loved so much.

• Options
    I remember someone saying that there were 4 world class players in that team, Banks, Moore, Charlton and Wilson.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    On a side point some cracking old fashioned tattoos on the photo of Ray that Huddersfield used.imageimage