Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2018 FIFA World Cup Thread

Comments

• Options
    Belgium have started playing really badly. I can't really understand. If they click second half it could be a rout as I say, but...they keep taking the wrong option
  • Options

It's really not as easy as you think. I'd bet if we all picked our starting XI for 2022 no one would get more than 4-5 right. 4 years ago who had heard of Rashford? There was a feature on Gabriel Jesus last week saying that in 2014 he helped paint the streets of his town before the tournament, 4 years later he's their number 9.

If i was to pick mine i'd go with the likes of Pickford, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Foden, Alli, Sancho, Sterling, Kane as the nucleus of my side but you just don't know.

As per those names you've mentioned you can guarantee there will be someone unknown as if an 18 year old gets called up they're currently 14 so we wont have a clue about them at the moment
  • Options
  • Options
    Don't think anyone would have predicted Hart would lose the shirt 4 years ago. Shaw, Ox, Sturridge Wilshire would be in and around the team now if their injury records were better.

Surprised none of them called Walcott or Rooney in any of those teams as well so not that lazy journalism I think I would have had them still in the team 4 years ago.
  • Options

Michael Johnson was a quality player.
  • Options
    With the lack of support and touches, Lukaku must think he's playing for Mourinho again
  • Options
    ffs
  • Options
    great goal though
  • Options
    Bit lucky the way it fell to him but still a great finish
  • Options
    That thrashing I mentioned earlier? I reckon it's coming now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Was it him who was spotted working in a chicken shop??
  • Options
    Panama can’t tackle
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Hopefully we can rest some players against Panama, dont need injuries to key players the way they're currently kicking Belgium off the pitch
  • Options
    Belgium play with a bit of pace and incisiveness, and it's a completely different game
  • Options
    Leuth said:

That thrashing I mentioned earlier? I reckon it's coming now

They need to test the 'keeper first

Four shots on target for Belgium, none of them have really tested the Panama Goalie and took a wondergoal to beat him
  • Options

Was it him who was spotted working in a chicken shop??
    Not a clue but he lost his way and put on a lot of weight I seem to remember.
  • Options
    Panama are a shithouse team. Should have had a bet on yellow cards.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

This word is underused.
  • Options
    think there could be a first red card in the last 24 world cup games on the way here.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Can’t wait ‘til we have 48 teams involved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty much all the top sides look vulnerable in behind. Pace is the key this tournament
  • Options
    Apart from 5-0 Russia in the first game and 2-0 Croatia, every match has been decided by one goal (or a draw).
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Pretty much all the top sides look vulnerable in behind. Pace is the key this tournament

See Mexico.
  • Options
    KDB can't play this badly...ever again, really
  • Options
    Leuth said:

KDB can't play this badly...ever again, really

Oops
  • Options
    I'm claiming that one :D
  • Options
    Has Dembele been injured?

If not then it's incredible that he doesn't start.
  • Options
    Floodgates have opened. Panama rivalling Saudi as the tournaments worst side.
  • Options

Has Dembele been injured?

If not then it's incredible that he doesn't start.

Their starting midfield is...pretty great
  • Options
    Did I just hear Mark Lawrenson correct, saying Darío Gómez is known as "The Truncheon" for obvious reasons