Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Personal Post (Warning: Pet Death)

Comments

• Options
    Sorry for your loss SD. She looked liked a great companion. Although she’s gone, I’m sure you’ve had many memories together and take heart in the fact that you looked after and cared for her all those years. I’m sure you made her very happy
  • Options
    Very sad they truly do become part of the family
  • Options
    That's a touching tribute. Sorry for your loss mate.
  • Options
    sorry to hear that mate. sounded like she was a real friend. died young as well. guess old shep will be on the record player tonight. RIP Cass.
  • Options
    I remember when we lost our old boy back in August, you put a very heart warming post up, thanks. I can tell you it's hard for the first few months, but we've got to a stage where we can talk about and look at pictures of Bob and laugh. But even after 7ish months I can still come down in the morning expecting the old boy to be about. proper feel for you.
  • Options
    RIP Cass, sure she had a wonderful and loving life.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this. They really are family, aren't they?

Take care, SD Addick. Celebrate the good times and the bond that you shared.

RIP Cass.
  • Options
    That wonderful tribute moved me to tears, @SDAddick .

I love dogs...always have, always will and spend an hour or so each day "sharing" posts on FB for dogs rescued from Thailand, Bulgaria, Romania, Cyprus and the dog meat markets of China.

The photos on the sites there break my heart. And I donate whenever I can towards those wonderful people who save & care for these poor animals and urge anyone looking for .

Your Cass knew love, warmth and security - you gave her something very special and she in turn gave you unconditional love.

I feel your pain but she is free from hers now. Remember all those special times together, although she will always be there in your heart.

Sleep tight, lovely girl.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear. Condolences mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bless her heart, @IdleHans .

Sleep tight, Kiera.
  • Options
    What many don't realise is that when the kids have gone and you have ...in our case...dog, that's your life.thats what depends on you for food love and affection.when they go it's such massive lose .
  • Options
    Cass must have been a wonderful dog and friend, I lost my dog Wiz in January and I will always miss him and I try and remember all the good times.
    I wish you strength in your tears and laughter in your memories of someone who was a marvellous friend to you.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    RIP Cass, all the best in getting through a tough temporary phase @SDAddick
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing that SD. Very moving. Really feel for you and others who have responded. Time is nearly up for one of our "family" and I have copied Rainbow Bridge to use sometime soon.
  • Options
    Very moving and heartfelt post SD it’s so dreadful to lose such a wonderful companion but you expressed it perfectly.

Not easy I know but try and think of all the good times and the laughs you had together.

Our thoughts are with you mate.
  • Options
    Thoughts with you SD, truly a moving portrait in words of Cass. Keep her in your heart, I know it's devastating at the moment, but it will ease with time.
  • Options
    Dogs are not just a pet. They are a member of the family. They are your best friend!
  • Options
    RIP Cass.
    SD your words are full of such truth beauty and love...
    And I remember well your kind words when my dog passed away.
    My heart goes out to you.
    Thank you .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel your pain SD. We lost our first dog mid December, she was only 9 months old ,had a seizure in the park and died in my wife's arms. Only a short time with us but what an impact she had on our family, all devastated.
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear about Cass. She was truly loved and gave you love back. That love never goes. RIP Cass
  • Options
    yesterday was 2 years since we lost Lucy our 17 yr old Springer Spaniel. I still think about her every day.
    Moving from SE9 to such a dog friendly place like Broadstairs added, i think, 3 years to her life. I know its a bit pathetic but we have her ashes in an urn in our lounge and i still say goodnight to her.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

yesterday was 2 years since we lost Lucy our 17 yr old Springer Spaniel. I still think about her every day.
    Moving from SE9 to such a dog friendly place like Broadstairs added, i think, 3 years to her life. I know its a bit pathetic but we have her ashes in an urn in our lounge and i still say goodnight to her.

It isn't pathetic at all. The word pet doesn't accurately describe what our dogs are to us. They are our loyal friends and companions and part of our families. They bring joy and love into our lives and we are richer for having them in our lives. A dog's life is relatively short and we will all have to face that fateful day, but when you know you loved that dog and importantly, they knew it to, when you know you gave them a good, happy life and you have the memories, they will always be with you.
  • Options

Dogs are not just a pet. They are a member of the family. They are your best friend!

Very true.

So sad to here of your loss SD Addick. All the best.
  • Options
    Really feel for you @SDAddick, such a touching post.

I lost my Westie Angus last year, he was 14 and a half. I got him for my 21st, he really was my best mate and I think of him daily.

I now look back with fond memories, but I will never stop missing him. Dogs truly are a mans best friend.

They can't be replaced, but another dog will deserve your love when you're ready.

Keep your chin up.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    RIP - what lovely looking lady - she is up there now with unlimited Jumbones, endless amounts of cats to chase, pigeons that don't fly off when she goes to scatter them, and a very comfortable sofa to sleep on with just the right temperature of sunlight on it to warm her bones whilst she has a midday nap
  • Options
    Dogs are wonderful creatures.

They understand when you are ill/upset and want to comfort you, they want to have fun and want you to join in with them.

Obviously a little mischievous but that's just more endearing to there character and makes you love them more than you possibly could.

Humans dont deserve dogs but Christ, we are lucky to have them.

Sorry for your loss @SDAddick you will always have the memories.
  • Options
    Chin up SDAddick...just look at those photos. That’s should make you smile and think of those wonderful memories together.
  • Options
    I hope the following passage, which I cannot take credit for, helps in some small way. I am so, so sorry for your loss SD. Stay strong.

----------------------

Dogs never die

Some of you, particularly those who think they have recently lost a dog to “death”, don’t really understand this. I’ve had no desire to explain, but won’t be around forever and must.

Dogs never die. They don’t know how to. They get tired, and very old, and their bones hurt. Of course they don’t die. If they did they would not want to always go for a walk, even long after their old bones say: "No, no, not a good idea. Let’s not go for a walk." Nope, dogs always want to go for a walk. They might get one step before their aging tendons collapse them into a heap on the floor, but that’s what dogs are. They walk.

It’s not that they dislike your company. On the contrary, a walk with you is all there is. Their boss, and the cacaphonic symphony of odor that the world is. Cat poop, another dog’s mark, a rotting chicken bone (exultation), and you. That’s what makes their world perfect, and in a perfect world death has no place.

However, dogs get very very sleepy. That’s the thing, you see. They don’t teach you that at the fancy university where they explain about quarks, gluons, and Keynesian economics. They know so much they forget that dogs never die. It’s a shame, really. Dogs have so much to offer and people just talk a lot.

When you think your dog has died, it has just fallen asleep in your heart. And by the way, it is wagging its tail madly, you see, and that’s why your chest hurts so much and you cry all the time. Who would not cry with a happy dog wagging its tail in their chest. Ouch! Wap wap wap wap wap, that hurts. But they only wag when they wake up. That’s when they say: "Thanks Boss! Thanks for a warm place to sleep and always next to your heart, the best place."

When they first fall asleep, they wake up all the time, and that’s why, of course, you cry all the time. Wap, wap, wap. After a while they sleep more. (Remember, a dog while is not a human while. You take your dog for walk, it’s a day full of adventure in an hour. Then you come home and it’s a week, well one of your days, but a week, really, before the dog gets another walk. No WONDER they love walks.)

Anyway, like I was saying, they fall asleep in your heart, and when they wake up, they wag their tail. After a few dog years, they sleep for longer naps, and you would too. They were a GOOD DOG all their life, and you both know it. It gets tiring being a good dog all the time, particularly when you get old and your bones hurt and you fall on your face and don’t want to go outside to pee when it is raining but do anyway, because you are a good dog. So understand, after they have been sleeping in your heart, they will sleep longer and longer.

But don’t get fooled. They are not "dead". There’s no such thing, really. They are sleeping in your heart, and they will wake up, usually when you’re not expecting it. It’s just who they are.

I feel sorry for people who don’t have dogs sleeping in their heart. You’ve missed so much. Excuse me, I have to go cry now.