Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phil parkinson

2»

Comments

• Options

Low key personality and loves a v-neck jumper - I think Bowyer is copying him a bit....

Maybe copy him in his dress sense.

As for managerial sense. It's a no from me.
    Bowyer will prove to be a far better manager imo
    Parkinson's career record:

Promotions with Colchester Utd, Bradford and Bolton.

Took Bradford to League Cup Final when in League two.

Took Charlton into L1 playoffs with pitiful squad.

I'm not really clear how Bowyer's ten games ìn charge compares? He may do better but it seems a little premature to draw this conclusion.

He got treated harshly at Charlton after taking over from the legend Alan Pardew. I think some on here have forgotten how garbage our squad was - CP got nothing out of them either and we finished 13th after he took over. It's only when the squad was rebuilt that we improved and that required cash.

Fair enough.
    I cannot answer you for at least five years as I have no idea how Bowyer will compare until then
    But my gut feeling is that he will be a better manager than Parkinson.
    Depends if Bowyer wants to be a Manager

Going by comments he made when he became caretaker boss, I didnt think he was sure if he wanted it full time?
  • Options
    Parky to Sunderland anyone?
  • Options

16/1 with BetVictor
  • Options

They could do a lot worse.

They will probably want a 'name' or go foreign like 'big' clubs tend to these days.
  • Options
    What's Karel Fraeye up to these days?
  • Options
    Can confirm he is a real gent.
  • Options

Can confirm he is a real gent.

Yes me too, nice bloke always made time to have a chat.
  • Options

16/1 with BetVictor

Worth a tener Paul mate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coleman being re-interviewed by new mob apparently
  • Options
    A real genuinely good manager. Always wonder where we would be today had he stayed. Championship top half I suspect.
  • Options

Low key personality and loves a v-neck jumper - I think Bowyer is copying him a bit....

Maybe copy him in his dress sense.

As for managerial sense. It's a no from me.
    Bowyer will prove to be a far better manager imo
    Parkinson's career record:

Promotions with Colchester Utd, Bradford and Bolton.

Took Bradford to League Cup Final when in League two.

Took Charlton into L1 playoffs with pitiful squad.

I'm not really clear how Bowyer's ten games ìn charge compares? He may do better but it seems a little premature to draw this conclusion.

He got treated harshly at Charlton after taking over from the legend Alan Pardew. I think some on here have forgotten how garbage our squad was - CP got nothing out of them either and we finished 13th after he took over. It's only when the squad was rebuilt that we improved and that required cash.

Fair enough.
    I cannot answer you for at least five years as I have no idea how Bowyer will compare until then
    But my gut feeling is that he will be a better manager than Parkinson.
    Ridiculous thing to post really. The chances are that Bowyer will not come close to how well Parky has done.
    I would not say ridiculous, it is all opinion.

Perhaps Blackpool was talking as seeing his potential from the two months he was in charge.

After all, many people would like Bowyer to be our manager next season and then hopefully Blackpool may be seen as justified in his post.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Harshly treated only in that he was actually given the job after his caretaker stint of about one win in eleven....

Glad he kept them up, Burton are gonna have successive relegations IMO.

The first sentance is oh so true. Another one of RM's lies......just ask LargeAddick !
  • Options
    on local bbc south news apparently Phil Parkinson is the favourite for the managerial vacancy at Reading, didn't he use to play for them?
  • Options

on local bbc south news apparently Phil Parkinson is the favourite for the managerial vacancy at Reading, didn't he use to play for them?

he spent a loooooong time there as a player
  • Options

Maybe he is fed up with Ken Anderson and Bolton's retraints, maybe there is more to prosper and room to improve at Reading. But yes he was there over ten years as a player and is there gratest team as voted for by fans. He was part of the Reading squad that became the only 2nd flight side to finish 2nd and not go up as they were restructuring the league in 1995. They lost an epic final to Bolton ironicly. He must have been injureed or banned that day as he was on the bench in suit from vintage footage I have seen.
  • Options
    I hope he gets the job. Honest and committed manager who deserves success.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe Phil Parkinson wants to get paid ?
  • Options

They absolutely bloody love him over there. Glad it's got to the stage where he's considered for the manager's job as they've always been a bit above the level where they could consider him in the past
  • Options

Maybe Phil Parkinson wants to get paid ?

Can't blame him for that.

Did a decent job for us when we were potless, did wonders at Colchester and Bradford and got Bolton up, his third promotion.
  • Options
    Yes, revered at Reading. Was their captain I believe.