Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Today in the Championship

2»

Comments

• Options
    Preston score
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    2-1 preston

Burton join Barnsley and Sunderland in league 1
  • Options
    Incredible from Bolton
  • Options
    96th minute goal from Bamford means Boro keep 5th place.
    Play offs will be:

Boro v Villa
    Derby v Fulham
  • Options
    Cardiff go up with a 0-0 draw

Funnily I recall the game we played at Cardiff 4 years ago, which was also a 0-0 draw!
  • Options
    Katrien has revitalised Sheffield Wednesday. They are 5-1 up with not long to go.
  • Options
    Incredible last 5 minutes especially at Bolton.
  • Options
    Massive disappointment for Fulham, losing to Birmingham like that.

They'll need to pick themselves up quickly
  • Options
    Warnock is a genius. Took over in October 2016 with them 23rd in the championship.

18 months later he has them in the premier league.
  • Options

Warnock is a genius. Took over in October 2016 with them 23rd in the championship.

A serial "promoter". 8 promotions now, incredible
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Northampton v Oldham 1-0
    Brum v Fulham 0-2
    Millwall v Villa 1-0
    Typically the one score prediction I got right was the one I didn't want to get right...
  • Options

And yet people slagged me off on here when suggesting him as a potential appointment - the guy is a genius in the lower leagues.
  • Options

And yet people slagged me off on here when suggesting him as a potential appointment - the guy is a genius in the lower leagues.
    I would also have liked him as he gets the best out of relatively average players. People focus on their dislike of his personality and not his ability.
  • Options

You look at that Cardiff squad, and I'm staggered they finished 2nd. Without Warnock they would have finished nowhere
  • Options
    Stunning escape by Bolton. I was hoping Birmingham would go down. Can't believe Sunderland spanked Wolves like that.
  • Options

And on a budget not much higher than ours, I believe!
  • Options
    We went to the Preston game yesterday. Sean Maguire and Alan Browne are both ex Cork City so with nothing else to do on a Sunday in Manchester said we'd head along. Burton relegated themselves yesterday. 1-1 against ten men and they spent the second half time wasting which was dumb because there was always the chance that Bolton would score, or some other result would go against them. Then they find out Bolton are winning and they get caught out trying to push for a late winner.
  • Options
    It’s a great league at the moment. Genuinely hope you join us next season. Would much rather a SE London Derby (the only genuine one) than a game v Scunthorpe or Rotherham. Although sadly, wouldn’t mind a trip to Shrewsbury either
  • Options
    edited May 2018

It’s a great league at the moment. Genuinely hope you join us next season. Would much rather a SE London Derby (the only genuine one) than a game v Scunthorpe or Rotherham. Although sadly, wouldn’t mind a trip to Shrewsbury either

A lot of clubs will be pleased with Stoke, West Brom and Swansea dropping down into the championship. Charlton have not played against those teams for almost a decade so having some fresh matches is nice compared to playing the same clubs, Brighton, Huddesfield etc. If we can get promoted and Boro go up, there's a lot of good grounds I am looking to tick off.
  • Options

The fact that's a guaranteed 4-6 points for you is probably a factor too!