Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best place for pizza?

After the excitement of the Nandos thread I thought I'd open one on pizza.

My favourite places for pizza are Franco manca and bona in Forest Hill. Sourdough is the way to go...

Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Pizza Express always seem pretty good.
  • Options
    Leeds_Addicks kitchen does great ones with minimal ingredients
  • Options

Not a great selection in the supermarkets up north?
  • Options

Mate, cheese on toast does not count as a pizza, how many times do I have to tell you
  • Options
    And Franco manca is really very good value for money too. I just don't get how Dominos or Papa Johns are allowed to keep getting away with charging £15-£20 or so for pretty terrible pizza in comparison.
  • Options
    my local one. earls barton takeaway. 2 x 12" for about 12 quid and they're superb
  • Options
    Anyway, real answer:

Chain - Franco Manca

Independent - Gold Of Naples, Hither Green

Takeaway - Dominos, then Papa John's, then Pizza Hut

Surprisingly tolerable if you're in HUGE rush but fancy some pizza - Gregg's
  • Options
    Mouth. Definitely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Peckham has several really good pizza places - it has a Franco Manca which probably doesn't even make the top five such is the quality.

Made of Dough is good and Voodoo Rays serve good pizza by the (huge) slice.
  • Options
    Homeslice in Covent Garden
  • Options
    Get yourself a pizza stone and make your own.

Failing that , get a doner kebab calzone after a skin full
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Nandos all over again!

I like Ask....... And Takeaway style Dominos over Pizza Hut
  • Options
    Bella Napoli, Westmount Road

You can close the thread
  • Options
    Firezza (Dulwich) and Purezza (Camden & Brighton).
  • Options
    Anyone tried Fireball down by Bromley common?
  • Options
    Papa Johns
  • Options
    Il bordello in Wapping.
  • Options
    pizzaria on the green clapham.

franco manca has a v limited amount of toppings i think and the balham branch is usually full of halfhead hipsters

takeaway i do like dominoes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Bella Napoli, Westmount Road

You can close the thread

This! for takeaway

And Franco Manca for sit it

If you can be arsed going to the Westmount Road shop and ordering while there, any size pizza with any topping is 9.50 I think. We only get takeaway once a week, and the kids absolutely love this.
  • Options
    Blackheath has a couple of decent places - the venerable Zero Degrees and the new pretender Bianco43 both do a mean Italian-style pizza.

There was a great, short-lived stonebake operation in Woolwich (outside Tesco) but that's gone now

The Tap Room in Woolwich does serviceable pizza

Everyone banged on about Reginella last time we did this but I went there and it really wasn't all that

Nowhere does good takeaway pizza to my SE7 address currently, it's maddening
  • Options
    Oh wait! The Rose inn opposite New Cross Gate station does WONDERFUL pizza, and that Roma place next to Gennaro's Delicatessen in Lewisham is superb too. If good Italian-style pizza is your thing, go to both of those.
  • Options
    Franco has managed to retain the quality it had for years at Brixton, which is surprising given the number of branches they have now. Also very good value for money. Cheaper than Pizza Express and way better.

Firezzi is good but their delivery service is patchy to say the least. I have a really good, cheap independent locally.
  • Options
    Voodoo Rays in Dalston is good.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Blackheath has a couple of decent places - the venerable Zero Degrees and the new pretender Bianco43 both do a mean Italian-style pizza.

There was a great, short-lived stonebake operation in Woolwich (outside Tesco) but that's gone now

The Tap Room in Woolwich does serviceable pizza

Everyone banged on about Reginella last time we did this but I went there and it really wasn't all that

Nowhere does good takeaway pizza to my SE7 address currently, it's maddening

@Leuth
    Good shout on the taproom, they have all the fancy Italian ingredients lying around the place so I gave the n'duja pizza a try a few weeks ago, was alright but I'm sure they could do better.

The place you mention outside Woolwich tesco is 'Rust Bucket' they got turfed out by Greenwich council (No surprise there) But Public - Streetfeast snapped them up, so you can find them in there from now on.
    Usually the longest queues in public are indeed for Rust Bucket- excellent pizza.
  • Options
    Pizza Union is decent and cheap too.
  • Options
    Pizza East and Voodoo Ray's in Shoreditch.

There's a place called Joe & Za's too which was great, ordered on deliveroo
  • Options
    Pizza Union bases are crap though

ICCO which are all round London are great, dirt cheap but the pizza is amazing
  • Options
    If you want to feel your heart stop but want a good stodgy cheesy pizza, then its got to be dream pizza in Elephant & Castle