Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Perry

edited June 2007 in Rumours
according to tomorrow's Sun Chris Perry is re-signing for us tomorrow. could they possibly get two factual charlton stories in a row!

Comments

• If Perry arrives then you'd have to be thinking that we will be releasing both El Karkouri on a free and that we have someone lined up to take Diawara for a reduced fee.

Perry + McCarthy + Bougherra + Gibbs look like our top four central defenders which means we will be getting rid off El Karkouri, Diawara and Fortune because we are not going to want 7 centre-halves.
  • Gibbs?
  • i think we'll have five, including Gibbs.

Take it as we are signing Perry, even if its only speculation at this point, means we would have:

McCarthy
    Perry
    Bougerra / Diawarra / Fortune
    Gibbs

Now i can't see Bougherra going, a recent Pardew signing, so it will be between Diawarra and Fortune. Both have strength and weaknesses, not sure at this lower level which one would be more usefull to have.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]i think we'll have five, including Gibbs.

Take it as we are signing Perry, even if its only speculation at this point, means we would have:

McCarthy
    Perry
    Bougerra / Diawarra / Fortune
    Gibbs

Now i can't see Bougherra going, a recent Pardew signing, so it will be between Diawarra and Fortune. Both have strength and weaknesses, not sure at this lower level which one would be more usefull to have.

I'd take Fortune over Diawara - maybe the Championship is his level, apparently he was a star for Stoke while on loan.
  • I'd be well chuffed if we got Perry back - feck knows why we got rid of him in the first place
  • Just been reading on the official site, if Algeria qualify for the African Nations, we'll lose Bougherra for a few games - looks like another Centre Back will be added to the ranks!
  • Why was he let go ? think he done a decent job
  • I don't think that Iain Dowie was as bad as all that as a manager, but he did make some genuinely poor decisions.

Releasing Chris Perry (and Sir Chris for that matter) must be pretty high up the list.
  • Isn't Gibbs a left back by trade?
  • Rose coloured spectacles, Perry dropped down a level and is getting on..
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Captain Haddock[/cite]I don't think that Iain Dowie was as bad as all that as a manager, but he did make some genuinely poor decisions.

Releasing Chris Perry (and Sir Chris for that matter) must be pretty high up the list.

although dowie released perry, wasn't it curbs that let his contract run down to below 6 months allowing other clubs to approach him (with a sweet signing on fee?).
    that's my understanding on how it works, anyone know if it's any different?
  • Well, Curbs hardly covered himself in glory in his final season either.
  • Well, I haven't heard if Perry's signed yet. Anyone?
  • I hope not he as shocking for West Brom at the end....