Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wenger Out!

Comments

• Options

I actually think they're better off without him. He's been too stubborn in the transfer market for too long. They're a soft side who get bullied out of games and he seems to have forgotten what his Invincible side was built on. Players like Keown, Lauren, Vieira, Gilberto. They don't have anyone near that level now.

my thoughts exactly who in there squad would get into a starting 11 for city, united or liverpool?.

they have okay players that they pay way over the odds for.
    agreed, decent players like Ozil but they lost their world class player in Sanchez.
  • Options
    Better late than never as they say, yes he was a great but key word 'Was' he is outdated and doesn't have a clue anymore. Bad timing though as last year i think there were alot of high profile managers available, this year wont be too many. Viera fave, but a big difference to MLS. Personally feel Conte would be decent, i know he has gone stale at Chelsea but still think he would be a step in the right direction work from the back.
  • Options

I actually think they're better off without him. He's been too stubborn in the transfer market for too long. They're a soft side who get bullied out of games and he seems to have forgotten what his Invincible side was built on. Players like Keown, Lauren, Vieira, Gilberto. They don't have anyone near that level now.

my thoughts exactly who in there squad would get into a starting 11 for city, united or liverpool?.

agreed, decent players like Ozil but they lost their world class player in Sanchez.
    Sanchez world class, debateable. This season for both Arsenal and Manure has been far from that, previous seasons he was certainly a match winner but he is very overrated and wouldn't surprise me if he moves on in the summer as United dont need him imo.
  • Options
    Decent article on the Guardian about this. Made a good lunchtime read!

https://theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/20/arsene-wenger-arsenal-miracle-worker-lost-his-touch
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    He is well placed to pick up a national team job after the World Cup from an underperforming country. Even possibly the England Job.
  • Options
    Say what you want about the miserable myopic old bugger but he has been a brilliant manager for them and an asset to the Premier League. Time for a change though, and I would like to put forward my good friend Alan Scott Pardew (18/7/61).
  • Options

Behind SAF the greatest manager in English football history in my lifetime. Combined success with a great brand of football, loyal to an end and never stopped believing or working tirelessly. 10 titles in 22 years, not to mention all the other more individual achievements. Deserves to go out full of acclaim.

Arsenal missed a trick with such a flighty board that they did not work closer with him and offer him a DoF role when Klopp became available as he was the most natural replacement.

Arsenal fans will now find out exactly how green the grass ISN'T, most especially that thunderc**t Piers Morgan. No manager is irreplacable but some you have to replace very carefully and have to be willing to wait for the right replacement to become available, Wenger is one of those and I suspect he's picked this year to end it because he's fed up of the lack of support from more than just his board.

Name me a manager right now, on the market, who could ideally replace him and at least start to fill his shoes properly? Low, outside possibility, but he's not getting any younger and presumably they want continuity of a long-term successor. Next names I'm seeing on the list are Vieria (obvious neptomism), Arteta (wtf) and Dyche (great player developer but that job is simply too much expectation for him, will go same way as Moyes, if not worse).

Agree with all of this, but I will give you the name of a manager who could do a great job at Arsenal, though he is probably not a big enough name. (yet)

Marco Silva.
  • Options

Do people think that a change in manager means instant success? Give a new bloke a season there and who knows?

Didnt realise how many Mystic Megs there were on here though

You mean you didn't see it coming? We all did.
    I was meaning the pradictions of The Arsenal's certain demise now he's been given the pump
    is that the Sun headline Rob?

‘Arsend, given the pump.’
  • Options

dizzee said:

EPL fans are a joke.

EPL!!! This is England not America.
    English Premier League = EPL. You guys will catch up soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fans have got their way like we did with Curbishley
  • Options

Seems I am in a minority but I think it's the right move. No doubt been a success but I think it's time to move on. Arsenal may struggle without him or they might get an extra 20 points, remains to be seen but I think he was on borrowed time.

I also think the bloke is a complete arsehole and won't miss him from the Prem.

Would you like to contribute to his leaving present?
  • Options
    The right time for The Ex-pats from Sarf London to go back to basics ?
    Tony Pulis and 1-0 to the Ars-en-al.
  • Options

Behind SAF the greatest manager in English football history in my lifetime. Combined success with a great brand of football, loyal to an end and never stopped believing or working tirelessly. 10 titles in 22 years, not to mention all the other more individual achievements. Deserves to go out full of acclaim.

Arsenal missed a trick with such a flighty board that they did not work closer with him and offer him a DoF role when Klopp became available as he was the most natural replacement.

Arsenal fans will now find out exactly how green the grass ISN'T, most especially that thunderc**t Piers Morgan. No manager is irreplacable but some you have to replace very carefully and have to be willing to wait for the right replacement to become available, Wenger is one of those and I suspect he's picked this year to end it because he's fed up of the lack of support from more than just his board.

Name me a manager right now, on the market, who could ideally replace him and at least start to fill his shoes properly? Low, outside possibility, but he's not getting any younger and presumably they want continuity of a long-term successor. Next names I'm seeing on the list are Vieria (obvious neptomism), Arteta (wtf) and Dyche (great player developer but that job is simply too much expectation for him, will go same way as Moyes, if not worse).

Agree with all of this, but I will give you the name of a manager who could do a great job at Arsenal, though he is probably not a big enough name. (yet)

Marco Silva.
    Conte , going to have a look at odds on lunch. Think would be a good one
  • Options
    Wenger going out in a blaze of glory on 4/20.
  • Options
    Can’t wait to see Joey Barton getting the gig.
  • Options

The fans have got their way like we did with Curbishley

It's a bit different to be fair

Coming 6th with Arsenal, with their 60000 gates (paying extortionate prices) and massive corporate income is the bare minimum they would expect, on the Deloitte tables they have the 6th highest turnover in the world, and 3rd in England.

• Options
    Not signing Benzema because he was confident Sanogo was the next big thing was a huge error. That aside, a great manager and a man who should have the respect of the Arsenal fans. The Last Emperor of football management, no manager will manage like Arsene again. Let’s hope they crash and burn without him.
  • Options
    It was time to go. He had taken them as far as he could.
  • Options
    Lots of respect for Wenger as a manager but not half as much as I would have 10 years ago. He truly has become a footballing dinasour. Once the King of innovation he really has looked clueless for a while now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliant manager.
    Certainly one of the best ever in my time watching football.
  • Options

Sanchez world class, debateable. This season for both Arsenal and Manure has been far from that, previous seasons he was certainly a match winner but he is very overrated and wouldn't surprise me if he moves on in the summer as United dont need him imo.
    It is questionable after this season. In my opinion though, form is temporary, class is permanent. I still regard him as world class and think every club would have him in their squad.

Didn't want to be Arsenal and it's never easy to move in January. A good pre-season and I think he will be a top player for United next season.
  • Options
    Joni Mitchell
  • Options
    seeing people on social media mentioning Tuchel as a possible replacement.

These people must just hear his name and pass it off as if they're in the know.
    Betting companies included!!

Firstly, German media have been reporting since the weekend he has agreed to take over at PSG in the summer.

More importantly, even if that's not a done deal with Paris, the man who has come in at Arsenal as head of player recruitment (the first time someone has been overseeing Wenger really) Sven Mislintat....left Dortmund after a fall out with Thomas Tuchel!

But don't let that stop these betting companies touting "Tuchel now the favourite" etc.
  • Options

seeing people on social media mentioning Tuchel as a possible replacement.

These people must just hear his name and pass it off as if they're in the know.
    Betting companies included!!

Firstly, German media have been reporting since the weekend he has agreed to take over at PSG in the summer.

More importantly, even if that's not a done deal with Paris, the man who has come in at Arsenal as head of player recruitment (the first time someone has been overseeing Wenger really) Sven Mislintat....left Dortmund after a fall out with Thomas Tuchel!

But don't let that stop these betting companies touting "Tuchel now the favourite" etc.

Spot on.
    Generally these markets are an utter joke.
    Avoid unless you know something yourself.
  • Options

Do people think that a change in manager means instant success? Give a new bloke a season there and who knows?

Didnt realise how many Mystic Megs there were on here though

To be fair reflecting on what has happened in football and what might follow is basically the purpose of this forum, even if it doesn't feel like that some times!
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Well I only opened this thread to say I couldn't give less of a shit about Arsene Wenger... god I hate that football club and especially it's "fans" - who are more plastic than Barbie.

Will the BBC website ever get over it? Only half a dozen pages devoted to it so far...

• Options
    No one has mentioned how he ended up at a club that nearly had the same name as him. Surely that must have been the reason for his initial success.