Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parker to West Ham

http://www.whufc.com/articles/article.php?page_id=9193
West Ham United are delighted confirm that Scott Parker today completed a £7 million transfer from Newcastle United.

Alan Curbishley made the accomplished England international his first signing of the summer as the midfielder pen to paper on a five-year contract with the Hammers

"I'm delighted Scott has agreed to sign for us," said Curbs. "Our relationship goes back some time to when he first joined Charlton as a schoolboy.

"He's coming to the Club knowing full well that we're trying to push forward and he wants to be part of that. Firstly he wants to improve our team; then he wants to improve his chances of forcing his way back into the England scene.

"He has been captain of Newcastle over the last couple of seasons and he is exactly the type of player that I wanted to bring to the Club. He's very experienced but still young and I'm sure he's going to be a big asset to West Ham."

Comments

• Options
    just when i fault i had forgiven spotty
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    Curbs on the side, Keith in the stand, Parker in the middle, and possibly Bent up front.......

Never had a problem with West Ham, but i'm gonna find it very strange watching them next season
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]Curbs on the side, Keith in the stand, Parker in the middle, and possibly Bent up front.......

Never had a problem with West Ham, but i'm gonna find it very strange watching them next season

That sounds as if you'd be going to watch them by mistake...
  • Options
    i meant on the telly (or stevie to others)
  • Options
    Good luck to them all of course but I am ever so ever so slightly jealous of Parker coming back to a London club which isn't us.
  • Options
    Don't forget Merv the Swerve and Carlton Cole, Bowyer, Konch, Newton still on their books, it's like everything Curbs tried to get at Charlton but now achievable with the money and the wherewithall :-(
  • Options
    Think they'll take Marcus too?!?!?!?
  • Options
    Yes, not so keen on Kishishev or Hughes now is he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Heath Hero[/cite]Yes, not so keen on Kishishev or Hughes now is he?

Or Jesper Bleedin Blomqist!
  • Options
    Another five-year contract - how many of those has he signed in the last four years?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AllLeftFoot[/cite]Another five-year contract - how many of those has he signed in the last four years?![/quote]

That's brilliant, LOL!!!!

Wonder what Spotty would say if the clubs honored contracts the same way he does?