Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Heading Over.

edited April 2018 in Not Sports Related
My first visit to The U.K. in five years. Might be a little dangerous on the M25 Thursday morning as I sit on the "wrong side" of the rental car and drive on the "wrong side" of the road. Heading to stay with friends in Norwich first, then Ashford, then Towcester. Can't wait, fish and chips first stop, decent pint very soon after. Decided not to go to either of the games while I'm there, the way they're playing. Sad about that, but looking forward very much to the rest of my visit.

Comments

• Get yourself down Pompey Limey and have a good English style away day. Don’t let the poor football get in the way of a rare opportunity.

I had thought of that, but I'll be in Norwich, bit of a haul. Do you know if tickets can be bought on the daY?
  • Not sure but I don’t think it’s sold out at this stage.
  • Like we have any headers even close to goal.
  • He's boycotting.
  • Hope you have a great trip and all that mate but I can’t for the life of me get my head around being away from the country for so many years, clearly still having Charlton in your life (contributing on here regularly etc), and not going to see a game on a rare trip over.

Not criticising, just struggle to comprehend

So much catching up to do, friends are becoming more important as I get older.
  • We lived out in New Jersey, back in 2000-01, came home for a week (March 2001) and the one game I saw was the 2-0 win V Leicester and that goal by Shaun Bartlett.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2018
    Blackburn game is more of a possibility, want to get to the museum, too. Friends are my priority though.
  • He's boycotting.

I drive over 50,000 miles a year for my work, always try to stay out of a car when on holiday.

• When I saw the thread title, I thought it was all about Zyro and Magennis.
  • Hope you have a great trip and all that mate but I can’t for the life of me get my head around being away from the country for so many years, clearly still having Charlton in your life (contributing on here regularly etc), and not going to see a game on a rare trip over.

Not criticising, just struggle to comprehend

Just a thought that my "old geezer memory" came up with in response. When I first moved to the Washington area back in the mid-seventies, I lived close to Dulles airport. On the Friday mornings before home games I'd stop at Dulles Airport on my way to work and put my name on the list for "standby" flights with several airlines and would inevitably be able to get on a flight. So I'd fly over Friday nights, go to the game, and back on standby on Sunday. I remember the "student standby" fare was 74 dollars each way. Didn't get much done on Mondays, but always thought that the trip was worth it. Used to get to four or five games a season that way. I'd love to get to some games and might yet, but my priorities are with my hosts this trip.